Second Skin Audio

Noob needs Design

First off i would like to introduce myself. My names Jake. I recently acquired a grandma car . A 1995 mercury sable. Well i want to change that by adding a system to it .

I want a custom box for it but dont know what power i can go with or sub size i want to base it off the box to be honest

My specs are W=54" D=24" H=36" and that is a back seat setup. my trunk specs are 3'x3' 2' High am open to any designs but i am a beginner so let me know what i can run

Edited by merk_master

hopeful noob

DC lvl 4 xl

DD 3500

AA Mayhem

RE MX

Fi BL or Q (maybe)

RD Alpha V.2 or Elite SPL v.2

Sundown Nightshade

those are a few subs u could choose from that i know that can take 2k daily i know theres others out there but those are the only ones that pop up in my head atm...

as for amps...a

DAT 1000.1 (not exactly 2000rms but close)

SAZ-1500D or SAZ-2000D

RF 1500.1

DC 2000.1

DD M2a

RD 1750.1D

Edited by Sp33dyG

the only person i wouldnt let build my box would be Ray.

Team Heavy-Flex4 SA 12's tuned to 29hz

Ampere Audio 3800.1 @ 1 ohmXS Power D3100Big 3Stock alt

i dont know the cars resonating frequency. what is the max sub(s) size i could run in my given dimensions? just curious

I appreciate all the good info yes this will be a daily and i want to be heard. the reason i wanted to go sealed is because of ease of design as this will be my first build

hopeful noob

ported box's arnt hard to build their just as easy to build as a sealed box would be but you would be MUCH louder with a ported box....

ALSO since ur gonna be running 2K daily you have to upgrade ur electrical or ur gonna fuck up ur shit

the only person i wouldnt let build my box would be Ray.

Team Heavy-Flex4 SA 12's tuned to 29hz

Ampere Audio 3800.1 @ 1 ohmXS Power D3100Big 3Stock alt

2 12s 1000 rms each ported 3.5-4 cubes 35hz

pick your poison power and sub wise, everyones choices will be different, and mine always differ from most everyone on heres so pick what YOU like.

and box design, that should be the last thing you look for after you get all the equipment worked out

ported box's arnt hard to build their just as easy to build as a sealed box would be but you would be MUCH louder with a ported box....

ALSO since ur gonna be running 2K daily you have to upgrade ur electrical or ur gonna fuck up ur shit

I have heard that a ported box can be really screwed up easily by a off measurement

hopeful noob