Biggiest and baddest wire for going overkill.....

The welding wire does have less strands that are thicker. I don't think that it hurts the flow at all and it is still very flexible. I went with 4/0 because it was cheaper, easier, and a single run could move plenty of current for my application.

I've heard of a couple of theories about wire, and that voltage travels through the middle of the wire and amperage travels on the outside of the wire, thus making wire with more strands more efficient because of the greater surface area.I would like to get a positive answer to that theory, but in the meantime thanks for your help and your feedback.

I've heard of a couple of theories about wire, and that voltage travels through the middle of the wire and amperage travels on the outside of the wire, thus making wire with more strands more efficient because of the greater surface area.I would like to get a positive answer to that theory, but in the meantime thanks for your help and your feedback.

Nope. Complete myth. DC current is spread evenly thoughout the cross-section of the wire. And voltage/current travelling seperately? They're different attributes of the same thing... it's not like oil and water flowing through a pipe.

Current is how many electrons are flowing through the wire and voltage is how much energy they carry...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Nope. Complete myth. DC current is spread evenly thoughout the cross-section of the wire. And voltage/current travelling seperately? They're different attributes of the same thing... it's not like oil and water flowing through a pipe.

Current is how many electrons are flowing through the wire and voltage is how much energy they carry...

That is kind of what I always thought, the last part.I knew voltage and current were related but yet still different in what they refer to and what they define.Now I know.Thank you kind sir for clearing that up.

so... getting 4/0 welding wire with like 1333 strands would be better than say.... 4 runs of knu 1/0 with 5.1k strands? I thought the more strands the less resistance... the better the amps that can flow?

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

I heard welding supply has good wire, never ran it though. Pretty happy with the knu 1/0 comin soon lol

I like their wire.Their 1/0 has a higher strand count that the Stinger 1/0 HPM series, however for the price at what Knuconceptz sells their wire for and what I can get the Stinger for, it wouldn't really do it justice to go with the Knuconceptz.And I am trying to go with something a little bigger than 1/0 under the hood.

I like their wire.Their 1/0 has a higher strand count that the Stinger 1/0 HPM series, however for the price at what Knuconceptz sells their wire for and what I can get the Stinger for, it wouldn't really do it justice to go with the Knuconceptz.And I am trying to go with something a little bigger than 1/0 under the hood.

Knu Kolossus Felks 1/0 claims to be equivalent to 2/0? I haven't ran any but i plan on it... its only like 3.40 a foot but yeah it adds up fast.

* Eclipse CD3200 with PAC SWI-CAN2 and SW-ECL2 Steering Wheel Controls Interface
* Pioneer D-Series Mids and Highs ( Fronts: TS-D1702C; Rears; TS-D1702R and Dash; TS-D1002R )
* Rockford Fosgate PBR300X4 ( Mids and Highs Amp )
* DC 3.5k with Dual Inputs; Custom Plexiglass Backing ( Sub Amp )
* Rockford Fosgate Balanced Line Driver

* One FULLY LOADED ~ 10" DC m2 XL
* Custom Built Carpeted Ported Box Tuned to 32hz. Single Chamber With Volume of 1.44618³ ft ; 1.13216³ ft After Displacement
* Custom Built Carpeted Trunk Wall with Added Fans for Amplifier Cooling
* MechMan 240a High Output Alternator

* KnuKonceptz Krystal Kable RCA Cables
* Upgraded Electrical With 1/0 KnuKonceptz Kolossus Fleks Kable and 1/0 Sky High Car Audio Cable
* Five Exide Orbital ORB34M Marine 12 Volt Batteries
* PowerMaster XS D3100 12 Volt Battery

My 2008 Chrysler 300 Limited - SuperCharged 3.5L V6 - UBL

My Old 2005 Ford Taurus - CarDomain - Vehicle Was Sold

I always knew that DC current flowed evenly throughout the cross section of the wire, while AC current favored the outer surface. However, knowing this, why would people want a higher strand count for their wire? In car audio applications, especially running power wire to amps and batteries, wouldn't one massive wire be better than hundreds of tiny ones?

wtf is lolcats?

I'd def get a fat hooker if i had to resort to that kinda thing. I feel like they'd be grateful and work harder. Also its more bang for my buck, more real estate for my dollar if you catch my drift. its like the Costco of streetwalkers.

I was hoping for 150 :(.

I was hoping she would let me put it in her butt

so... getting 4/0 welding wire with like 1333 strands would be better than say.... 4 runs of knu 1/0 with 5.1k strands? I thought the more strands the less resistance... the better the amps that can flow?

more like

the more strands, the more flexibility.

I could run it through a solid copper cable (1 big ass strand) if i wanted to. strands dont make electricity flow any better.

DAT 4125------>RE XXX comps active

Eclipse cd7000

I serve drunks for a living :D

Archived