Second Skin Audio

I thought this would be easy.

I'm getting back into car audio and I thought that after a 5 year hiatus the decisions would be easy, but I was wrong. After doing some research I had decided on a single 10" Fi SSD, but after doing some more looking around I've come up with a short list of other subs that have caught my eye.

1. Fi SSD

2. Incriminator Audio Lethal Injection

3. *** crap

4. *** trash

5. Soundsplinter RL-i

6. AQ SDC2.510

7. DC Level 3

I'd like some input from those that have experience with these subs. I don't have an amp yet. The amp that I get will be based on which sub I end up getting. The only given for my system is the enclosure. I have a .86 cubic foot sealed 10" box.

Dan

i like the audioque

Vehicle: 1995 Impala SSHead Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4400BHMids And Highs: (still deciding)Batteries: 1 Deka Group 34

Time to make a race car.My Build Log: Solo X 12"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build/My Build Log: DC lvl 4 xl 15"http://www.stevemead...don15zzz-build-My Wall Build Log: 4 Lanzar 15's/ 3k+ RMShttp://www.stevemead...t-by-techforce/My Feedback:http://www.stevemead...1

DC FTW I love my LVL4s

Current Systems:

2011 BMW 335i

Hertz HDP1

DC LVL3 12" Full Carbon Fiber

2002 Acura Tl
Kenwood DNX9980HD
2 DCLVL4 12" Subs with LVL5 Parts D.7 Coils
DC 3.5k
Hertz HSK-165 up front HCX-165 Rear
Hertz HDP4 Amp
DC Power Engineering 260 Amp Alt
Big 3 and amp powered with KNU 1/0
XS Power D2400 Up Front

i pulled out my dick in class many of times and had it shown. get over it bitch...stupid open legged hairy beavered bitch...

going over rms = smaller box, under rms = bigger box...

Low voltage doesn't blow amps. That's a myth.

A router that does the sub holes makes rounded edges also?

Don't forget about the DD 2500 series

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

level 3 sounds good out of those, trash sounds nice also but imo the level 3 is a better value for your money of the 2

crap depending on what you get it for id throw it out the door compared to your other choices. I'm not a fan of the aq sub just because i hate the basket nothign more i like the hd series though.

as far as soundsplinter that would probably depend if TC Sounds is still oeming all thier stuff and id have to deal with metal cones.

in closing the lvl3 and trash are near identical in size weight and sound

looking at the post above me id probably get a 2500 series 12 before all the other options

Edited by Accordman

not to confuse you more, but i would look into image dynamics IDQ. it gets fairly loud and sounds amazing. itll be the best sounding sub on that list. all depends on what your going for.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Thanks for all the quick replies. I guess I should have elaborated a little more. I listen to lots of different types of music. I like my bass to sound clean but loud. The reason I want to go sealed is because I've already got the enclosure. That doesn't mean I won't go ported later though. I also want to keep the box size small because I'm going to have to "jerry rig" it up on the rear seat of my truck (ext cab Dakota).

I've tried Image Dynamics before, but I can't remember what series they were (I think they were the entry level series). They did sound good but just didn't get low enough for me. I've heard good things about DD, but was always under the impression that they need a ported box (I'd like to stay sealed, at least for now).

Thanks for all the quick replies. I guess I should have elaborated a little more. I listen to lots of different types of music. I like my bass to sound clean but loud. The reason I want to go sealed is because I've already got the enclosure. That doesn't mean I won't go ported later though. I also want to keep the box size small because I'm going to have to "jerry rig" it up on the rear seat of my truck (ext cab Dakota).

I've tried Image Dynamics before, but I can't remember what series they were (I think they were the entry level series). They did sound good but just didn't get low enough for me. I've heard good things about DD, but was always under the impression that they need a ported box (I'd like to stay sealed, at least for now).

The 2500 series dd will work fine in a sealed box

2003 F150 Crew Cab

Panasonic DVD Flip Out

4 9515F's Dual 2(i soft parts)

4 DD M3a's

350A singer alt

8 nsb 90's

1 Nsb 125

161.5 @ 46hz in the kick USACI

Street Beat 4 2nd place USACI WF

158.5 @ 39hz LEGAL ON DASH

160's on music in kick