NEW alt installed not charging need help

Not sure i said it before but it has been tested and the guy said it was showing 14.3.Is it possible that the alts regulator was shot when i arced and shorted it out.IM going to get a oem alt from a junkyard and gonna see if that works if not i dont know what all gounds should i bee looking at that would be arced or corroded

Fusible link between starter and/or battery.

I'm not sure if Honda's have these or not. I know a lot of Chevys do and I think some Fords do. Might be worth checking. If it does have one, and the link is blown, the alternator will not charge.

That's my .02

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

Where did you get the alt from, is what should of been asked first, some companys that sell "H.O" alts are complete trash.

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

I do also wanna say that it was tested and tested fine.When in the car I unhhok the front batt and the car shuts off still dont know if it could be something else.Im still leaning towards the harness or a fuse but i think the alt is junk

Never do that on computer controlled cars!! EVER The many computer controlled electronics in a car (trans/engine managment/etc..) depend on that battery being hooked up... Your car shut off after unplugging the battery is normal. You once could do that (red neck) technique on older trucks/cars, but any of early yesterdays, and all of todays vehicles could cause harm to electronic sensitive PCB's, like the PCM.......

Edited by newls1

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

db interlinc alts

Did you hit them up for trouble shooting cause until they tell you what they recommend as a solution all our advise give companies a reason to say its not their problem cause you did it wrong. Make sure they know it does not work right before telling them what you tried. This was a Lesson learned ounce before.

MLA

missinglinkaudio

r91ks0.jpg

The United States Marine Corps. When it absolutely, positively has to be destroyed overnight - even if "it" belongs to the base commander...