Will this router bit work for a jasper jig?

yes, the upcut bit is probably better if you are using a router table (where the router is upside down and the "UPCUT" bit is actully pulling the dust DOWN) - the DOWN cut bit will probably be better if you are going all the way thru with a hand router and doing something like a speaker cut-out... but im not so sure about that if you are only going part way thru though. Its probably fine, i have never used one - i like eating MDF dust :D The Router table is on my list from Santa though :)

From the man himself :D the only reason I considered changing was i saw it in one of your posts. This thing gonna go through the 3/4" MDF all the way like butter in one pass? I would like that.

yes one pass no problemo as long as your router has the power

Its a Porter Cable beast of a router :D i itll be all good, ( I love getting replys from the head honchoes, and two of the sickest tahoe installs that I have seen. Why i love SMD.com) :give_rose: :give_rose:

make sure when your cutting that you let the bit work for you. It will help keep a better line and the bits will waaaaay longer if your not forcing it. Also if you have a bunch of stuff to cut, let the bit cool now and then ;)

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

That freud bit is awesome, it is also the one I use. Just make sure when you put it in that the bit isn't out too far(ie the shank isn't going into the wood).

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

yeah that bit will work.

Just have to keep in mind weather you are using the inside dia or outside as the bit will change your numbers ;)

what do you mean by this, the inside or the outside of the bit? I thought that the jasper jig took that into account and thats why you use a 1/4" bit. So if i set it at 11.125" aka 11 1/8" what size hole would i get?

Edited by Crump

it does depend on if your doing a inside cut, or outside cut- Rings for example

There is a 0.5" difference between the 2 that the Jasper doesnt account for

I would need to look at my Jasper to see if the markings are meant for inside diam, or outside diamter

its 133am, Iam still at work, so I cant look

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

i made some rings today.. to end up with a ring 7.75" in diameter i had to use 8.25". add 1/4" width of the bit for the 2 sides = 1/2 inch

Edited by Stephen
you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

i made some rings today.. to end up with a ring 7.75" in diameter i had to use 8.25". add 1/4" width of the bit for the 2 sides = 1/2 inch

So does that mean that every cut i make with my router it needs to be 1/2" less than the circle?

because I cut my bl's hole @ 11.125" and it doesnt fit tight, I can move it around, not a lot, but enough. But on Fi's website it says 11.125 inside diameter.

Edited by Crump