Second Skin Audio

help me out answer the poll

31 members have voted

1. 1. What to do?

• build a better box for the 4 12's
    • sell the 12s and get 2 15'' alpine type Rs
    • other (explain in thread)

doesn't matter what kind of 12's they are. if you take two pyle 12's and build the correct box and put the rms power on them they will be louder than 4 of the same 12's in an incorrect box with less than rms power going to them.

i voted build a new box for the 4 12's. if you don't have enough room for all four then build one for 3 of them. install is 80% of a system and the box is part of the install.

well my subs are rated 300 rms and they are getting 350ish a piece so the power is right and the suggested box size for the subs are 1-1.5 cuft sealed and 1.5-2 ported but they all have 1 cuft sealed so its somewhat correct just on the small side of acceptable.

2012 silverado ext cab ltz

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit

Yellowtop+stock under hood

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring)

3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts

Me and you have talked several times about your box situation. I would love to see the four twelves you got now in a very custom ported box. Four 12's should get plenty loud for your goals when in a proper ported box. Good Luck Bro. and remember we love build logs!!!

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Sorry for the dbl post. I got an error message about flood control or something. Not sure what happened.

Edited by Basshead08

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

Sorry for the dbl post. I got an error message about flood control or something. Not sure what happened.

Alright I decided to make a new box you guys honestly convinced me because I was leanin towards the 2 15s and everyone made good points. I am also pretty excited to really take my time and do a legit build for the first time. I have built a few small sealed boxes all within a couple hours (hack jobs). I will probbably start In a few weeks but there are 2 more questions I have. 1 What will be best to secure the box together wood glue with nails brad nails? or screws? I was thinkin wood glue and brad nails to start and get everything set nicely then reinforce it with short screws near the corners and scattered on the seams whats best what do you guys use? 2.. also this will be my first ported box so when I get a sketch planned and all the dimensions will someone on here be able to help me with port length and shape. I have no idea how to make a port and tune it properly I am probably going to try a vent port unless airspace is too tight then I may do external tube ports

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

I feel your pain on getting a proper sized box, I would love to see a build log to see what you do to attain space, my biggest issue is space I need to be able to keep my back seat down for the kiddies....

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

Long story short I want to get louder and Im running 4 jl 12'' w3v2s off an AQ 1200 amp does 1470 rms @ 1 ohm so the subs are gettin just over 300 rms a piece. I only have about 4-4.25 cubes to work with. Should I build a better box for my 12s that fire up rather than downfire like they all are now or try and sell the 12s and upgrade to 2 apline type r 15s. I picked the type rs because they are recomended 1.75 cuft per sub sealed which I have room for and the amp could push 700 rms to each of them (2 dual 4 ohm subs wired to 1 ohm) Im looking to be loud not necessarily for Tl number but for my own love for bass tickling my ears and being heard coming from far away.

I have 2 12" alpine type rs..They get hella loud..I can just about do a hair trick lol..My friend has 2 15" Alpine type rs and EASILY does them..its hella f***ing loud

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

I feel your pain on getting a proper sized box, I would love to see a build log to see what you do to attain space, my biggest issue is space I need to be able to keep my back seat down for the kiddies....

Yea I dont have kids but I like people being able to sit back there or I feel like its a waste of an Ext cab. I hear ya I have a pretty good idea on what Im going to do Ive just been Kinda busy lately with work and school but within the next couple weeks Im going to work out a definite design and get some dimensions. Shape of the box is gonna be pretty crazy but i should be able to pull it off. I will definatley make a build log and show you all what im doing. Its gonna be a slow build though because I dont plan on actually starting it for a month or so and I will only be doing it at my friends place. His step dad owns a carpentry business and has a workshop in his heated barn and its already pretty damn cold here in mass so Im just gonna do it step by step in there.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

just face them up.

yep good call on that, the 2 box plans i have been toying with both involve the subs firing up. The only thing I should really need help with when building it will be the dimensions of the port to tune it low I have ABSOLUTELY no idea how to figure out ports so I will try and get someone who knows what there doing on here to help me with port size and length and all that but Im glad I decided to tackle this project myself. It will be that much more satisfying when its all done with and it sounds way better than it does now. should be a little confidence boost.

24" kmc rims

AudioQue 2200

Pioneer AppRadio

Alpine mrx f35 4 channel

Bose mids and highs

0 gauge Knu wire

Big 3

listen, sell the 12"s and get 2 18" audioques hdc3s. nuf and said.

aaand wallbuild.

Edited by BanginOnABudget

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!