Second Skin Audio

sub question

I have been wanting to upgrade my sub lately, but today i had the idea since money is not really permitting to me (no job right now) if i sold my current system and went with the audioque HDC312. Would the one subs off 1000rms in a ported box would be louder than the 2 kenwood 12's that i have now in a sealed box? I know the 2 12's have more cone area and all.

please help me out lol

thanks in advance

2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012drew.png

no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.

Put the 1 12 in the right box, tune it right, put enough power through it, and it should be able to keep up with the two cheap kenwoods.

1998 Honda CR-V

Installed:

1 x Kenwood KAC-9104D amp

2 x Kenwood KFC-W3012 12" subs

4 x Kenwood KFC-1682ie 3-way components

1 x Kenwood Excelon KDC-X493 head unit

My Honda Build

I have been wanting to upgrade my sub lately, but today i had the idea since money is not really permitting to me (no job right now) if i sold my current system and went with the audioque HDC312. Would the one subs off 1000rms in a ported box would be louder than the 2 kenwood 12's that i have now in a sealed box? I know the 2 12's have more cone area and all.

please help me out lol

thanks in advance

You would really love the AQ HDC3 12 in a nice ported box - I'm positive it could out perform your current set-up, especially on the lows - However, on the highs, you may loose a little, and have a more even keel curve

GoodLuck!

The REAL YouTube Page

●▬▬▬▬★▬▬^๑۩۩๑^▬▬★▬▬▬▬●

Head Unit - Pioneer DEH-p6000ub

Equalizer - Soon To Come

Amplifiers - (4) Soundstream TX1.2600d's

Subwoofers - (2) Soundstream XXX 18's

Enclosure - 16 Cubic Foot Wall Tuned to 38hz

Power Wire - (200ft) Tsunami 0 Gauge PRO

BIG 3 w/ 8 C&D Batteries

techforce_teamdbs.gif

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

Are you running your current system with the amp you're planning to use on the HDC312?

TEAM FLEX ISSUES

Car: 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royal

24" Rims

HU: 7" Carputer, Planet Audio EQ, iPhone.

Coax: T3 Audio 4" speakers

Subs: 2x 18" T3 Audio TSNS (walled)

Sub Amp: DC 9k

SOON TO COME

T3 Audio 6x9s

MB Quarts 6.5" comp set

MAYBE ADDED

2nd DC 9k

thanks guys, i still have to try and talk to my parents about it considering i will have to sell all my old stuff to get money to pay it off... i have the money but like i said no job and i gotta pay for some stuff. but keep the suggestions coming.. and most likely on the one sub i would do sub and port foward. Good or no?

Yes i do plan on it because i just bought a Aq1200D and it is at 2 ohms right now

Edited by drewb53

2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012drew.png

no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.

it would deffo beat it on the lows first of all due to the ported box, and think it should be around the same volume if not louder with a single 12 ina good size box? what power you running?

Dan Plummer - 1x DC sounds Level4 15" - 800wrms - 3.5 cuft Ported Box - Rover 25

Peak= 142.2dB @ 40Hz

40Hz= 142.2dB

33Hz= 139.6dB

25Hz= 136.8dB

20Hz= 136.1dB

if i run my amp at 1 ohm according to the specs on Audioque it would be 510X1 @ 4 ohm, 870X1 @ 2 ohm, 1200X1 @1 ohm

it could be another possiblility... i like the ideas keep them comin.