battery reads 7.69 on dmm

Like said it reads 7.69 on my dmm, I am charging it on 10 amp 12 volt, does it have a chance of comming back to life, its a old school svr deep cycle aduio battery..any ideas?

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

try an intellicharger (kinetik and powermaster have them, and im sure some other brands) they can do a "refresh" charge at a higher voltage to break down sulfates and such and maybe save it

but if its that low it may just be time to scrap it.

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

10 amp 12 volt is the best I have, other then the 55 amp start option, but I dont think thats way to go....I am hoping the deep cycle will make it....

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

Er... ahhh... if it's anything other than a VRLA I wouldn't be within 20ft of it when it's charging. Batteries that have gotten that low have usually dropped a cell, when you charge it all the other cells get massively overcharged = kaboom.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

If it has been discharged that far and has set that low for a period of time, it will never be 100%. Even if you can get it to rest at a decent voltage, it's capacity will be a fraction of what it once was, and will perform like a much smaller battery. I would can it, and get a new one.

that sucks..I got nopthing else to do with it, I will let it charge and hope for the best, if not it will be a while for a new batt...

Archived