Three Rf Hx2 12s & Now Two Rf T10001bd's

Here's my newest setup. Three Dual 4ohm Rockford Fosgate Punch HX2 12s in a 7ft box w/ three 4" aeroports tuned to 32hz powered by a single Rockford Fosgate T10001bd @ 0.67ohms.

HX2Trio1.jpg

My previous setups include a pair of these HX2s, a pair of TeamRF 12s, and four HX2s but so far I like this one the best. I did a few runs with the TermLab and it hit an easy 145.1db (did I mention this was tuned to 32hz) on a test tone and mid 144s playing some Young Jeezy and this was with a failing alternator. I'm lucky to stay above 12volts with my current electrical system. There's already a 200amp alt awaiting installation as soon as I can find out how to wire it into my truck. For some reason GM decided to change the alternator plugs for '06. My next plans are to install the new alt, add a second battery to the back and bump the tuning up to 40hz (for competitions). I'm expecting to hit a 147, but hoping for 148+. Any recommendations on upholstering the box? All I have in the shop is the basic gray carpet but I won't dare put anything that boring into this truck. The factory interior is all tan leather so I would like something to match but need ideas. I'm thinking something like a matching tan vinyl w/ a raised black RF logo. Look for some vids soon.

Edited by Derrick824

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

You mean GM decided to change the alt plugs for 06' for NO REASON.

Have you measured the amount of power that T1000.1BD puts out at that load?

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

sick ass setup.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

The Average power output for these amp is 1500watts @ 1ohm & I don't see it doing much more than that @ 0.67ohms. This is in no way my final design. This was mainly a test box to see how three rear-firing subs would sound. Well it pounds and I'm happy with it so I'm already doing the drawings for a new box with a little different but same basic shape. I'm also about to buy a second T10001bd to help power these at a safer impedance and will be flush mounting the sub and amps into the box. For now though I'm gunning for the local Truck/Suv 0-500 state record. Its currently 146.1 and I'm sure that I can beat it with this setup.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

thats a good score for the equiment and tuning you have. does the amp get hot at all with that load?

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

thats a good score for the equiment and tuning you have. does the amp get hot at all with that load?

I was questioning whether it would go into protection after a hard session banging Young Jeezy's Air Forces, but it held up fine. It wasn't any hotter to the touch than if it had been sitting in the truck off on an 80* day. The internal fan was running like I've never heard though and it was doing an excellent job of keeping itself cool.

teamnemesissundown-1.jpg

• 1 month later...