Sonic Electronix

i dont get how this is legal...

It's very very legal btw. A company can buy a premade product in mass quantity(for next to nothing $$ wise) and charge whatever they think they can sell it for. A friend of mine in Miami is a very successful businessman and owns an 06 Aston Martin DB9($130,000 he paid, used). After about a year the key started falling apart sum(thread in leather came unwound sum), he ordered a new key for $750. So we pealed apart the key to find that it had a Ford logo underneath and the exact key to replace for an Expedition would cost $50. That was a little more extreme than your case, but basically the same premise.

Many many amp/sub comanies buy from the same huge buildhouses in China and just badge their name on it. Like 2 years ago when the HDC3s came out, look at how many different companies used that same buildhouse/design. AB HDs, Konaki, DD 9500g, AQ HDC3s, and a few others I can't remember off the top of my head all had the same general design. The subs all performed differently but the designs(basket/mags) were basically exactly the same though.

Look at how many current amp companies that buy Zenon boards and just make slight changes that can make them a little better than their competitors, who have the same boards/case. People complain about them all being the same and what not, then criticize companies like Stetsom/SounDigital/etc when they have new designs because they aren't like everyone else.

Btw that wasn't a shot at u skittles, just a general statement about people bitching and questioning Stetsom/SDs technologies, ratings, and designs.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

just go to newegg.com and pick up a regular old computer fan..not that hard lol. Ppl make it sound like you need special "car audio fans" for car audio...any computer fan will do. Usually the larger the fan, the quieter it is. Also look for high cfm's if you wanna blow a lot of air.

i even did it for you: http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.as...;name=Case-Fans

Plus they ship darvex fast too.

CABCopyright.png

88-98 GM Full Size Forum www.GMT400.com

i put fuses on power wires, and condoms on fuses, to keep the fuses safe!

just go to newegg.com and pick up a regular old computer fan..not that hard lol. Ppl make it sound like you need special "car audio fans" for car audio...any computer fan will do. Usually the larger the fan, the quieter it is. Also look for high cfm's if you wanna blow a lot of air.

i even did it for you: http://www.newegg.com/Store/SubCategory.as...;name=Case-Fans

ive actualy been looking at newegg.com since i started this thread. i dont see any fans i like. the ones that are quiet move too little air. the ones that move a lot of air are way too loud. the ones in between that seem perfect have horrible reviews about the numbers being wrong. the big problem is, i dont know how many CFM i need to keep my amps cool.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Btw that wasn't a shot at u skittles, just a general statement about people bitching and questioning Stetsom/SDs technologies, ratings, and designs.

i didnt take it in a bad way at all.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Why not get a fan controller with temp sensor built in that adjust fan speed according to the heat put out by the amps, and i bet you can find some with a voltage monitor too. Just throwing that out there.

Fan Controller

CABCopyright.png

88-98 GM Full Size Forum www.GMT400.com

i put fuses on power wires, and condoms on fuses, to keep the fuses safe!

Why not get a fan controller with temp sensor built in that adjust fan speed according to the heat put out by the amps, and i bet you can find some with a voltage monitor too. Just throwing that out there.

Fan Controller

HELLA money

or you can do like I did and buy fans from partsexpress...still have 4 of em layin around here, and I think they were only a couple bucks a piece

AA-Atomic-Clif Designs-DC-Diamond-Digital Designs-Directed-Eclipse-Fi-Hertz-Hifonics-Kenwood-Memphis-Phoenix Gold-Pioneer-PPI-PSi-Stinger-Sundown-TC Sounds-Viper-Zapco

Archived