im trying to sell this car i need help

also depends on the weather a bit too. guessing MN huh and we get that shit ass road salt that kills cars. 98 shouldnt be too bad,our 98 Bonne has 130k and we payed like 2500 for it with a good title and isnt rusted for shit lol.

IMO your best bet would to try to sell it in northern MN cuz people for some reason over pay up this way. im from the cities area originaly so i know about cars bein cheaper down that way lol. prob get the most if ya go north though for real

Edited by cracker

i do collision repair for an auto shop here in town, and i hate it when people freak over a salvage title.

if the repair is on par with standards, then there is NOTHING to worry about. whats your experience with repairs?

you're likly to get 2-4000 for it i'd imagine. im not sure what its worth, but again, if the repair is good and everything is sound, you could get a decent price.

what are you asking for it?

The car only books for 2k(fair) to 2800(excellent) w/ a clean title. Thats from KBB (in my area). Not the end all be all of numbers, but it's close.

You're right, the car could have been repaired correctly. But, it doesn't matter in terms of resale. The car is salvaged, period. It could be a good buy for someone wanting a cheap car, but there's no denying the car is worth considerably less. I looked it up and salvaged vehicles are worth, on average, 40% less. That doesn't mean that he can't sell it. Just don't expect to get what you would have with a clean title.

Plus, no AC will turn most people off, but in that price point it may not be a huge deal.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

$1500... maybe.

try clubgp.com.

-Installer for Duke's Car Stereo

2000 Pontiac Grand Prix - Ported Eaton M90 S/C, 3.5" pulley, XS Power Headers, 1.9 Rockers, FWI, Poly Motor Mounts, Custom Tune.

RF T1000-1bdCP and T400-4

Boston Acoustics SPG 555

Kenwood eXcelon 995

RF Punch 6.5" components and MB Quart Premium 6x9"s

Powermaster Alternator, YellowTop D34, Vmax CT1000

The car only books for 2k(fair) to 2800(excellent) w/ a clean title. Thats from KBB (in my area). Not the end all be all of numbers, but it's close.

You're right, the car could have been repaired correctly. But, it doesn't matter in terms of resale. The car is salvaged, period. It could be a good buy for someone wanting a cheap car, but there's no denying the car is worth considerably less. I looked it up and salvaged vehicles are worth, on average, 40% less. That doesn't mean that he can't sell it. Just don't expect to get what you would have with a clean title.

Plus, no AC will turn most people off, but in that price point it may not be a huge deal.

that is very true. seeing as the car is only worth 2-2400 in its condition, then the salvage title will hurt it enough to drop it to 1500-2000.

i dont see the AC being a big deal. if you live up north, you probably never use it anyways. i survive every summer in 90-100 degree temps with no ac. i just roll the window down. :8)

Edited by J00bles

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

i dont see the AC being a big deal. if you live up north, you probably never use it anyways. i survive every summer in 90-100 degree temps with no ac. i just roll the window down. :8)

x2 windows down n let the sounds out hahaaa

One of the biggest downfalls for a salvaged title is insurance. Insurance companies love salvaged titles cars because if anything decently bad goes wrong with it then can just total it again.

I'd hit that so fucking hard whoever pulled me out would be King of England.

Lol... looks like we were on the same page. Car-B-Ques suck.

ya, tires and paint burning make the marshmallows taste funny.

I'll give you a buck fitty and a mean handshake for it......

ha.. ya right.. well i understand its considerably less but it has a 2 way compustar alarm.. whole interior is done engine has minor aftermarket parts its lowered 2 inches all this factors in

i asked 3500 on craigslist but i KNOW i wont get near that but you always gotta start high

02 Chevy Trailblazer

18" DC XL

build in progress...

l_02f0e56b9a6f7e5ceaab56ccb8632161.jpg

minnesota-vikings.jpg

refs: ak1167 (bought tweeters from)

and it has been completely redone and fixed by me and a family friend (who owns a midas in minneapolis) it runs better then it did before the crash im hoping to pull out of this with at least 2300- 2500 i guess we will see

02 Chevy Trailblazer

18" DC XL

build in progress...

minnesota-vikings.jpg

x2 windows down n let the sounds out hahaaa

ya and the only real reason people dont want salvage titles is cuz there so hard to get a loan for.. otherwise if it is obviously mechanically sound there is no difference just sucks... all i want is a blazer why is it so hard!? haha

02 Chevy Trailblazer

18" DC XL

build in progress...

minnesota-vikings.jpg