Sundown Audio

update. Clamped my 3250v2

rumproast789

Have you checked the ohm load of each coil? You don't necessarily need to take the sub out for that. Though it would be wise to visually check the sub.

As far as tuning, just leave the remote gain unpluged.

Also try checking your RCA voltage. If pre-amp voltage isn't the cause, then its either amp or sub. Also make sure you have a clean consistent input to your headunit (no Aux iPod plugs). Make sure your eq is flat and your playing a 0db test tone.

Those amps are rated at >3400RMS at 1-ohm. That impedance is a bitch, if in fact that is your problem. Still, that amp is rated at >1900WRMS @ 14.4V so I don't suspect the amp to be the problem.

Anyways, let us know what you find out. I just got my x2 3250v2's and have yet to hook them up.

I checked, and I got dual 1.4 ohm coils. The suspension is way looser and its at 1.5 ohms on each coil. Wired to .7/.8 ohms.

I had the remote gain in for both tests. For some reason it seems quieter just a little bit during music WITH the remote gain plugged in, than without. Just in case that matters. I use CD's and I have my stock headunit, so the pre amp voltage is poop schwag. I am using a line driver, I think with it cranked up all the way. I don't know if they were 0db, but I'll retry again with 0db.

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

single 18" Fi btl fully loaded

2 1750's

2 c&d tech 88amp/hr batts

2 ought wiring

cdt component set up front, cdt coaxials in back

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

sounds about right for his newer amps.. he is using a low quality china build house. He is claiming 2800wrms @ 1 ohm 14.4 volts out of his one amp, and the build house only rates them for 2200wrms @ 1 ohm 14.4..... Ill find the link when I get home. very humorous thread!

i believe this is the thread you are reffereing too rd audio

Im suprised yours hasn't smoked you must of have gotten a good one. Alot of the other guys on caco smoked there asap and some are even selling before they use them.

i believe this is the thread you are reffereing too rd audio

Im suprised yours hasn't smoked you must of have gotten a good one. Alot of the other guys on caco smoked there asap and some are even selling before they use them.

yup that be the thread! Lol. Im glad I dont run his products or at least the new ones.

nahh its not like that. it was like 7 guys with amps that smoked. I guess hes taking them all back soonish and replacing them or something just to be safe. I like the company

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

2 1750's

2 ought wiring

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

Also try checking your RCA voltage. If pre-amp voltage isn't the cause, then its either amp or sub. Also make sure you have a clean consistent input to your headunit (no Aux iPod plugs). Make sure your eq is flat and your playing a 0db test tone.

when i see this im gonna start to clean this up

DO NOT use a 0db test tone.... there is no music you will ever play that loud... so it is pointless to use a source louder than anything...... use -3 or -5db

when u burp, just use a -3 or -5 tone at ur peak frequency

when i see people setting gains this way, they set them... arent happy because its too quiet, then they use bass boost to compensate when really they had to loud of a sine wave that doesnt compare to how loud music is

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

when i see this im gonna start to clean this up

DO NOT use a 0db test tone.... there is no music you will ever play that loud... so it is pointless to use a source louder than anything...... use -3 or -5db

when u burp, just use a -3 or -5 tone at ur peak frequency

when i see people setting gains this way, they set them... arent happy because its too quiet, then they use bass boost to compensate when really they had to loud of a sine wave that doesnt compare to how loud music is

thats what I set it to, or atleast tried. I downloaded a -3db tone on ROE and matched the wave peaks with my created one on Audacity. I made it at like .76 db's or something? and yeah.

Maybe did it wrong, but thats what I did

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

2 1750's

2 ought wiring

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

So is RD taking back the v2s even if its not the original buyer? what will RD replace it with?

pretty sure he is replacing the internal boards, or something along those lines. And Yes I think so, better to talk to him personally but I think he said to let him know because he wont know you.? Just call him up, hes a cool guy

2002 ford explorer

200 amp rewound alt

2 1750's

2 ought wiring

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

pretty sure he is replacing the internal boards, or something along those lines. And Yes I think so, better to talk to him personally but I think he said to let him know because he wont know you.? Just call him up, hes a cool guy

He is taking all 3250v2's back. If it was sold to someone else, original buyers need to contact Steve and let him know new owners name and contact info so return can be arranged.

Not just replacing boards, or just recalling those that are blown. Steve has mentioned several times he will be recalling and replacing all 3250v2's, once problem has been found and fixed.

As far as a timeline, who knows. Just blew one of my two.

Archived