i am starting the build on my 95 burb with 3rd row seating and looking for suggestions on box design. i will be running 3 mojo 12's and 2 4kw's strapped to them. keeping everything behind the 3rd seat. no wall. want a ground pounder tuned low and loud. any help would be great. thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Subs up, port back. Make everything nice & solid & rounded, double baffle, resin & mat on the inside, & tune it to around 33hz.

You should have enough space to fit 3 12's across the back right?

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

I'm not sure you'd be able to do sub up/port back behind the third row...only because there wouldnt be enough space between the port and the back. I'd do the subs horizontally across with the port aimed up, all the way at the back of the box. You should be able to mount the 4kw's onto the front wall of the box. I'd do around 7.5 cu ft net, tuned at like 32 or 33 hz. You should be able to fit that without too much effort behind the third row. Give us some max external dimensions, I'll try and work something out for you.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

my advice is get somethin other than memphis

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

my advice is keep memphis...

Ive used Memphis for years, great customer service, great products, I only never used them 4kw amps

Those subs will play loudest around 34-38hz... with that much power Id reccomend 38-40hz, but then you have that big ass burb which wants lower freqs... Soooo ya know... trade in the 3-12s for 2-15s?

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

cause you can do Waaaaaaaay better for the money. why get a memphis amp when you can get a rockford amp for either less or the same that will perform better anyway?

And their subs are uglier than my ass.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

slinky- you are baggin on memphis and you are running what? power accoustik? hmmmmm no disrespect, but pa dont hold a candle to memphis in my opinion. yes they are less expensive though. i will run memphis because it is what i have and i know it slams hard.

• 1 month later...

well i finally got the burb back and am going to start on the build.

but i need to figure out a good slammin box for daily. 3- 12" mojo's and 2 4kw amps. here are my max outside dimensions: 48wide x 16 high x 20 deep. the 16 high may be increased if necessary, but no higher than 20" MAX.

looking for an enclosure similar to meades with an "L" vent. subs up, vent up.

any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!