Sonic Electronix

What vehicle Turnd you into a basshead?

I got into bass back when I was like 14. A kid at the track I raced at (who is now a good friend) dad had a Chevy 1500 with 2 12" L7's. I heard it one night at the track and said "What the hell is that?" And when I walked over and sat in it, I was like "holy fuck" lol. It was crazy loud (at least by the standards I had at the time ;) )

4-5 Years ago when I heard the Planet Audio Astro shaking my mom's car from a block away at SBN

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

My first beat was 2 15" Kicker comps (1995ish model) and a RF Punch 200 (1995ish model) in a Chevy Chevette!!! The town I grew up in (Columbia, TN) had some rather nice systems in the day that peaked my interest. I remember a truck with 4 Kicker comp 18s, some kind of hatchback with 8 Kicker comp 15s, an Astro with 18 15" JL W6s (original W6s) and 6 US Amps VLX-400s.

F150:

Stock :(

2019 Harley Road Glide:

Amp: TM400Xad - 4 channel 400 watt

Processor: DSR1

Fairing (Front) 6.5s -MMats PA601cx

Lid (Rear) 6x9s -  TMS69

For me.. I became an addict during the summer of 1992... I had just gotten my drivers license and went to go cruise McHenry Ave in Modesto, CA. (yes... home of Zapco, and now Arc Audio)

Keep in mind this is WAY before the cops actually cared about cruising. One of my first LOUD setups i heard was built by Sounds Unlimited. It was a Ford Bronco with 8 JL 12's Powered by PPI amps.

Ever since then i was hooked. I went on to be a salesman, installer, and an Owner in the car audio business.

Even though i walked away from the industry i still have a love for car audio. My current Daily driver is a 149-150db car. (Metered 8 years ago with the old DB Drag rules)

When i found this site, and Steve's setup, and quite a few other setups also, i have rekindled my love of car audio and am in the process of designing a new system. I am an OLD school Hifonics and Phoenix Gold lover, however i have found out that Phoenix Gold went out of Business and Hifonics got sold to another company. My whole problem right now is i have been out of the Industry since 2003 and i have no clue what is good anymore.

One of my cousins trucks. 12 Toby 10's and another cousin with 4 15's in a diamond box. I'm really givin my mustang hell right now. I don't know if it will hold up much longer.

2004 Mustang

3 18s

6 crossfire bmf 1700s strapped @ .5

161.2 db Daily driver

159.4 @ 45 hz

158.7 @ 35 hz

154.4 @ 25 hz

Team Hz Addiction

http://www.youtube.com/Drek75633

DSBP_blue.jpg

i have to say 98hoeonsixes, i might of mispelled that, if i did srry, i was on another atv website and he put his first build up and then i watched all his videos, then i found steves' tahoe, and i fell in love with big system builds as i am doing one soon in my explorer, bump on!!

I grew up in Milwaukee, and headra lot of beat. I remember a Sizuki Samuri. Then I had a teacher in 8th grade that had a suburban with 2 MTX 12"s in it. I used to ask him for a ride home so I could listen to it lol. then when I got my first ride it was trial and ERROR. first setup was an Urban casset deck and Urban powered 8" tube from Target. Focal coaxls in the dash.

OiRYFHf.png

////Alpine, Eclipse, Load Boss, Pheonix Gold, MB Quart,Digital Desings, Memphis, Stinger, Periphial, MTX, Visualogic

I had beater systems since i was driving. My older brother needed a tv, so i gave him mine. In return he gave me two of the old classic Kicker 12"s and an amp. This was the first quality audio items i ever had. it was louder then all the ghetto stuff i had before. The first time i had someone tell me that they could hear my system over theirs, i had to keep getting louder and louder.

Edit: first loud system i remember hearing was my brothers friend. It was a black SUV i think with two 15"s. I dont remember the brand names. But i thought it was cool as hell that when i turned my car off, my friend asked why i didnt turn my stereo off... and i did.

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

This Car:

The hatch on that car made those 10's sound retarded loud, when it was open it wasn't quite so loud...

1998 Chevrolet Camaro with the 3.8L 2 JL 10W6v2 1 JL 1000/1v2 1 JL 300/4 and Alpine Type R Mids and Highs with an Alpine iDA-X100 Headunit.

Edit:Spelling fail...

CABCopyright.png

88-98 GM Full Size Forum www.GMT400.com

i put fuses on power wires, and condoms on fuses, to keep the fuses safe!

Archived