Tools Of The Trade

OK here's a list and pics of the tools that got me going.

I started off using a Jigsaw, Drill, T-square and some clamps. measuring tape is a must and a good 5 in 1 is also very handy. The uni-bit is great for making bigger holes and a good pair of scissors are great for cutting speaker box carpet.

Tools002.jpg

Add more clamps, Level square and a multimeter, This one happens to be a clamp meter also

Tools004.jpg

Look into getting a roll a round table, theses come cheap and work way better them propping boxes up on saw horses.

Tools012.jpg

OK, now it's time to get serious right? it's time to get your self a little hand sander to clean up you work a bit. Skill saw and router are a must have when you have the funds to do so. Now don't be stupid, use hearing protection and a dusk mask. MDF is like in the top 10 killers for messing up you lungs. Since your getting a router look into getting a Jasper Jig. Best addition to any tool. Soldering gun and a good Allen wrench set, Maybe look into a better multi meter. I use the circle compass to make sure all my holes will fit when doing multiple subs close together.

Tools003.jpg

Now that you have a router you can slowly add bits, I say slowly cause good one aren't cheap.

Tools005.jpg

A table saw can be the most used tool in the shop if you have the room to have one.

Tools008.jpg

I made a big table that rolls around from old cabinets off a job site. The Rip fence was an add-on

Tools010.jpg

I then added a router table to the other end. this one happens to stay in the table but you can use only one if thats all you have

Tools009.jpg

That should be more then enough to get you cranking out some boxes out of the garage.

Other tools to consider.

Miter / Chop saw, good for small quick cut.

Tools011.jpg

Then it's time to add air....

Tools007.jpg

And air tools.

Tools006.jpg

When I clean out the garage I'll post up some more tools I have to make life easier.

I can add some tips and tricks to building boxes if y'all want

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Dam man you got alot of tools.

System Specs:

Alpine SWR-1542D 15" sub

Sealed Subwoofer Box

MTX mxa 6001 Class D 774watts RMS @ 2ohms

MTX Bass Knob

Pioneer 6.5's in doors

MTX Thunderdome 6x9 in rear

Stinger 1 Farad capacitor

80 amp stinger fuse

BIG 3 in 4 gauge wire

4 gauge power/ground wire

JVC MP3 CD Car Deck (KD-G320)

12 gauge Monster speaker wire to Sub

16 gauge Stinger speaker wire to doors

Stinger Gold Plated Battery Terminals

That's very similar to what I'm working with. I'm lacking the router table, table saw, and air grinders tho. I need some die grinders real bad for glassing, probably get some next time I'm ordering from harbor freight. Good collection there.

A couple links to some box builds:

Tahoe Box 1, Tahoe Box 2, Nissan Titan, VW GTI,

Mini-Bump, Hummer H2, Ford F-150

My own car builds (current setup --- under construction):

Overall Thread, Kickpods, Dash, Back Doors

Subwoofer Wall

Man - everything's there except for 2 items....

Straight edges - I love my 60", then there's the 36 and 16 - really usefull

may2001.jpg

Hot glue gun....

may2002.jpg

other than that - you nailed it - props on including the mini-hack though, I love that thing :), and there's always the box-cutter, didn't see it there, but I know it's lying around somewhere too..

Check out StoneSounds to see my recent builds.Or look at the Flying White Facebook Page!

Man - everything's there except for 2 items....

Straight edges - I love my 60", then there's the 36 and 16 - really usefull

may2001.jpg

Hot glue gun....

may2002.jpg

other than that - you nailed it - props on including the mini-hack though, I love that thing :), and there's always the box-cutter, didn't see it there, but I know it's lying around somewhere too..

Did forget the beat stick as we call it on the job site ( my 8 foot level ) gotta keep the sub contractors in line. On larger straight lines I usually use an old piece of wood.

hell I haven't used my glue gun in years now that I use CA glue for everything

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

Archived