Some Nightshade ZX3 Flex!!!!!

These are from last March when I first finished the Nightshade 15 build in my car. At the time I had the two Nightshade's firing up with the ports to the rear of the car running off 2 saz1500d's and a single XS Power D3100 in the rear along with a stocker up front. The best number that the car did this way was a 150.6 sealed on the dash and a 149.7 bassrace. Here they are. The first one was a bit of an attempt at a shirt trick but turned out to be more of a windshield flex session vid. The second one is a windshield flex and roof flex video. ENJOY!!!!

Oh yeah I don't know how to embed so here they are anyway.

th_MOV01084.jpg

th_MOV01085.jpg

Any comments on the older style daily setup??????

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

Definitely got some flexing going on there... it that a Vega amp I see? it that your mid/high amp

Definitely got some flexing going on there... it that a Vega amp I see? it that your mid/high amp

Yes there is a bit of flex, but it is now about a db and a half louder than what it was there and has much more authority. It does a 152.1 on a burp and has had some issues getting it to bassrace properly right now. Amps seem to want to go into protect right out of the gate. Hopefully the new DC Power 270 amp alt that I'm getting will solve that for me. Yes that is a Cerwin Vega EXL400.4 4 channel amp. It is one of the best amps that I've ever owned. I've since replaced it with a Sundown sax50.4, but I will be using it to power my kicks as soon as I get them in and until I can get another Sundown 50.4 or even 125.2 to power them with. You interested in buying the Vega amp?????

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion

nice flexage :) i wanna see it bumpin 2 db's louder tho :)

I have yet to take any video of the spl box in action. No real reason for it I guess. If there is enough interest next time I have it in the car I can. The daily box has come a long way and is the same box as in these videos. The differences in score are the way I flipped the box to woofers back and port up along with more battery power and 2 Sundown 2000d's instead of 1500d's.

I've got a new daily box in the works that will be 7 cubes with a single 10" flared port tuned to 36hz. How's that sound for you Expo? I'm hoping to at least do 152+ on music with it and should be possible when it's done. Oh yeah it will be subs back and port to the driver's side.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Yes there is a bit of flex, but it is now about a db and a half louder than what it was there and has much more authority. It does a 152.1 on a burp and has had some issues getting it to bassrace properly right now. Amps seem to want to go into protect right out of the gate. Hopefully the new DC Power 270 amp alt that I'm getting will solve that for me. Yes that is a Cerwin Vega EXL400.4 4 channel amp. It is one of the best amps that I've ever owned. I've since replaced it with a Sundown sax50.4, but I will be using it to power my kicks as soon as I get them in and until I can get another Sundown 50.4 or even 125.2 to power them with. You interested in buying the Vega amp?????

No not interested in buying I just like seeing the Old school stuff. Cerwin Vega been around a long long time. Cerwin Vega was real popular in my area in the mid to late 80's.

No not interested in buying I just like seeing the Old school stuff. Cerwin Vega been around a long long time. Cerwin Vega was real popular in my area in the mid to late 80's.

Yes I've personally owned the amp for coming up on 4 years in November and not a single let down ever :) I'm going to shoot some new vids of the car in action before I scrap this box and put the new one in. These really aren't the greatest vids imo, but I had them on the memory card and figured that I'd put them up for all to see.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

man nightshade that thing is so violent

Thanks Dale! I took a guy home from work the other day that said he had been into audio for around 10 years. So I figured that a full tilt demo would do the trick for him. So I've got some Jeezy playing and first note hits and I see him flinch. Not only that but he continued to cower while the rest of the demo was going on. I asked him what he thought and he said that he definately wasn't expecting that. He asked me again if it was only 2 15's :)

I may have some time today to take a new vid or two of the much louder daily setup I'm currently getting ready to rebuild the box for. The wife will be at work so I may try to find someone else to help with a hairtrick. Too bad I cut my hair off or I'd do it myself.

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

Archived