Sonic Electronix

Ok so i've been tryin to sell my 15" kove audio its dvc 1000rms and both my jl 1400d amps and my box 3.77cubes ported (on craigslist basically to see what i could get out of it) and this guy calls me tonight and offers to trade me a kicker solo X 18. i didn't ask any details about it other than why he wanted to trade it to me, cause im not really interested in it but kinda rethinking it now. anyways he said because he can't afford an amp that was powerful enough to run it. it also comes with a 1" thick box he said to. need advice on what i should do???

Edited by sho_me

93 Civic Hatch

kicker components in doors

TermlabDbsealedonmusic-1-1.jpg

[ak11667] 12:12 am: hook the speaker outputs up to your nipples and turn the gain all the way up

first make sure its not blown, second TRADE HIM.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

first make sure its not blown, second TRADE HIM.

i know the whole not blown part lol. but i want dc damn it lol and if i trade off what i have now then ill have to find a new amp aswell thats why im second guessing it, well that and my car don't have enough room for the right size box that sub will need

93 Civic Hatch

[ak11667] 12:12 am: hook the speaker outputs up to your nipples and turn the gain all the way up

Trade him then sell the solo X... im sure there is someone out there that would buy that sub.

2003 Chevy Blazerkenwood headunit4 ga. kicker wiringAQ1200D amp2 12" DC LVL 3'sStinger Volt MeterMy Build LogBlazer is no longer. Totaled 02/14/2012drew.png

no. this is for converting dc to ac. useful if you want to run a blender inside your car.

I would trade him if its working and looks decent. Problem w/ solo Xs is they have terrible resale value, but they are great woofers. He was probably told he didn't have a big enough amp by a shop. Most shops shit on the solo Xs. Probably why no one wants them. I loved my 12" X, I'd get it.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

the solo x are good but require a big box, usually call for up to 10 cube feet. and he is right the resale value is not very good on the solo x, it really depends what you would like to do, although the solo x can take a good 4-5 k rms easy might not be worth it

94' jimmy

stock alt,

big three

stinger sp1000 batt

two treo rsx 1900 monoblocks strapped

rockford fosgate 600.2 for mids and high

focal access components in rear alpine type s front

soundstream highs

treo ssx 12 dual 1 ohm in 3.3 cube foot box

The only drawback I see is you have JL amps. You have a shit ton of money invested in not a lot of amp. I would still do it. I mean, a solo X in decent used condition is really only worth about $400. Maybe 5 shipped. I wouldn't even bother with his box, build your own. As far as subs, huge upgrade. But, you may be able to get more for your amps if you sold them individually. Not sure what a 1400 goes for but I'm sure more than its worth since its a JL.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

The only drawback I see is you have JL amps. You have a shit ton of money invested in not a lot of amp. I would still do it. I mean, a solo X in decent used condition is really only worth about $400. Maybe 5 shipped. I wouldn't even bother with his box, build your own. As far as subs, huge upgrade. But, you may be able to get more for your amps if you sold them individually. Not sure what a 1400 goes for but I'm sure more than its worth since its a JL.

well new the 1400d's are like 465 but they've been discontinued for a couple yrs now. i got them from a friend he bought them new i didnt really give much money for them honestly. and yea i would build my own box but the main reason is i only have 8 cubes of space b4 port/sub displacement. and then also i'd be without a sub amp so i don't think im gonna trade it.

93 Civic Hatch