Sundown Audio

If you keep the same size box more port area will bring the rise down some. If you go to a larger box and keep the same port area your rise will go down some. If you do a larger box and more port area your rise will go down quite a bit but I don't reccomend that.

What is your current box volume and you are running 2 6" ports right? I can give you a port/box volume ratio that should help you bring down your impedence rise quite a bit.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

that would mean running them at .25ohm each. not really comfortable with that. not with only 2 batteries at least.

well u have about a 5x rise.. do the math.. ull have a final strapped load of wat .5ohm? therefore when u burp that frequency itll be at about 2.5ohm

but slow roll on the volume

Edited by Eric B

lbb-2.png

2007 Chevy HHR LT

UNDER CONSTRUCTION

1st Place Loud N Low 2010 MWSPL Finals

3rd Place Xtreme 3 2010 MWSPL Finals

well u have about a 5x rise.. do the math.. ull have a final strapped load of wat .5ohm? therefore when u burp that frequency itll be at about 2.5ohm

but slow roll on the volume

at 45 hz yes.

but at other frequencies where impedence isnt so high... poof! smoke city

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

he never specified burp or music so i assumed music. was i wrong? oops

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

.25.... before rise......

U talking for a burp or for music?

this is my daily system so music is always played on it.

If you keep the same size box more port area will bring the rise down some. If you go to a larger box and keep the same port area your rise will go down some. If you do a larger box and more port area your rise will go down quite a bit but I don't reccomend that.

What is your current box volume and you are running 2 6" ports right? I can give you a port/box volume ratio that should help you bring down your impedence rise quite a bit.

5 cubes. two 6" flared PSP ports. ya man, any help you can give, im all ears.

at 45 hz yes.

but at other frequencies where impedence isnt so high... poof! smoke city

exactly my thought. since it'll be playing music, i think i have to look at the box for this answer. i didnt get a chance to test other frequencies today. ill try to get it done tomorrow and post the results.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

bump for more tips. i had hoped jacob would have more to say on this.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

My opinion for a new box that will keep rise down more than what you have now is starting out with 4.5 cubes and a single 8" flared port. Then if that's not quite where you want it shrinking down the box to 4 cubes and makking the port longer to keep tuning where you want it. What do you have your box tuned to now? If it's really low that is definately part of the reason that your rise is so high. The lower you tune the more rise and less power your amps will make. The higher you tune the less rise and more power is made. That's part of Jacob's success with boxes tuned pretty high and burping them in the 50's help to keep rise down.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

i have 2 saz-1500's strapped at 2.5ohm.

My first concern is how you have a 2.5 ohm load?

Do you possibly have a dead coil and or a coil that is not making a great connection? Maybe your solder failed? :P

What ohm coils do you have?

Also how do you have your speakers wired? Series, parallel, or a combo of both?

Are you running a pos and neg from each coil to your amps?

Do you have your coils wired together at the sub and then just one set of speaker wires per sub going to the amp?

Do you have both subs wired together inside the box and then just 1 set of speaker wires going to the amp?

Did you try unstrapping your amps and running 1 sub per amp to see if you would have less rise?

Your asking for ideas, so im just shooting some out there.