Sundown Audio

SS XXX-15000D

Rose-Villian

CS ELT 12k would prolli be my choice, Idk exact pricing on it though. I'm guessing it's quite a large number though.

It will prolli be easier to find 2-4 other large amps that will fill that power number rather than a single one. Pricing should be pretty similar also.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

There was a writeup about the 15000d a while back but for the life of me I can't find it again. It is a solid amp and heavy as hell (If I remember right, 85lbs.). I think it was said to do 19200wrms on 18volts but I can't be positive on that. Oops I spoke to soon, I found the article and will quote it.

Since the 80s, manufacturers have been doing anything they can to generate new hype to sell their amplifiers. Super low impedance stability, over rating, under rating, birth certificates, etc… Until recently, there was no adopted standard for power specifications. Even now, there are ways to cheat the system. When you have a badass product, you don't need to play these games!

Our newest and largest amplifier we've ever built is the XXX-15000D! Appropriately rated, this beast will live up to its name. So why did we make such a huge amplifier? Because there are psychos out there that want it, that's why! Plus, it is cost effective and easier to run a single 15k amp than it is to run (3) 5k amps, (6) 2.5k amps or even (15) 1k amps!

It takes power to make power, so plan on having a strong power supply if you want to be able to use the XXX-15000D to its full potential! This is critical! The rail voltage is +/- 140 volts and we use all “N” Channel MOSFETS. While the amp is 78% efficient, at full power, it can draw up to 1400 amps. Idle current draws a mere 8 amps. You can feed the amp with a 6 volt signal input. The damping factor is >1000 at 100Hz. The PWM module is separated to avoid noise. Just to keep the board stable and structurally sound, we had to use a 2.5mm thick PCB which is 57% thicker than the typical 1.6mm PCB. So, what does the behemoth weigh you might ask? Over 83 pounds! That heavier than most SPL monster subwoofers.

This amp was specifically designed to run at 16 volts for the hardcore SPL competitor. Running the amp at lower voltages will result in less power. With a typical 14.4 volt power supply and powering a 1 ohm load, the monster yields 13kW at 1% THD and 14.8kW at 5%! For the serious competitor with a 16 volt system, the power increases to 14.4kW at 1% THD, 16.4kW at 5% and even up to 19kW at 10% for the guy who doesn't give a crap about sound quality and only needs sheer power!

Other features include 4x 1/0gauge “+” inputs, 4x 1/0gauge “-” inputs, 2x 8gauge remote inputs, and 4 pairs of 8gauge speaker outputs. The subsonic filter is variable from 10Hz-50Hz. The bass boost from 40Hz-120Hz is variable up to 18dB. Low-pass crossover duties are also variable from 35Hz-250Hz.

The XXX-15000D is the most powerful amplifier on the market. But that doesn't mean it has to be ugly. Proud owners can use either the steel bottom or the supplied Plexiglass bottom to show off the intensity of amp guts. So, how big is it? 12-11/ 16” wide, 2-11/ 16” high, and 32-11/ 16” long. Heck, I could surf on this thing! If you think this is a bunch of BS hype and you gotta pair, go try one out for yourself. But don't call us when your skull crushes! One more thing for the competitor with a bolt loose – ear protection doesn't help if your lungs explode and your eyes launch out of your head like rockets! Be smart and use wisely…

Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia

Damn even SS rates it to do "only" 14.4kw @ 1ohm @ 1% THD on 16v, I was actually expecting for it to be higher than that. I also have a hard time believing that it will do 13kw on 14.4v. But this was all to be expected from how the other XXX amps have performed from previous testing.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

I got a buddy that owns 2 cactus elt 12s. :01nocomment8so:

Needless to say they are stout amps. In their street car they did a 156db with 2 dd 9510s and 1 nsb75 battery (think they won nationals for their class this year)

In his other car he has a elt running 4 dd9512s and 2 cs 9000 batteries. For the most part the car is a daily driver and also bassraces a 154+dbs.

I know you can get the cactus elt 12 for a lil more then 2500 if your an actual competitor and can provide stats.

When You Actually HOLD one... And see one.... You will change your mind...

There Made to Do ONE thing ONLY!

MAKE A SH!T TON OF POWER!

Not Really made for music.. its make as much power as possible for 3 seconds then shut down...

They really do shock the hell out of you when you see and feel how small they truly are in person. Makes you wonder how the hell they make the power that they do. I did some testing with 2 diff. SD amps(5000.1 + 8000.1) and they are absolute monsters for burps and bassrace.

I was very skeptical about how either one would work for a few days of daily workouts on each one. Each one did get a little warm after multiple songs but for an amp that small with that amount of power, it is to be expected. I was very impressed with how well they did do daily overall though but only downside I found was the amp draw which was a decent amount more than with similar rated power amps.

The numbers spoke for themselves compared with a few of my American Bass amps. All done with a standard 12v setup(300amp alt, multiple 2/0 runs(4 of each) ,Kinetik 1400 + 4 2400s). Testing done w/ 2 15" American Bass VFLs D1 coils in an older burp box that I had put alot of time into.

5000.1 @ 1ohm was (.7) louder than my VFL500.1 @ 1ohm on a burp and (.6) louder on a bassrace session.

8000.1 @ 1ohm was (.4) louder than 2 VFL400.1 @ .5ohm and was dead even with 2 VFL500.1 @ .5ohm each. (No BR testing, subs got stinky too quick).

Actual imp. rise and voltage I have written down somewhere, I'll look for it if you're interested.

This was just some of my personal testing with them a few months. The 5000.1 was great for daily and still a monster in the lanes, I wouldn't hesitate to run it daily in any setup. The 8000.1 was also a pretty solid daily amp but it just gave me less confidence with it than the 5000.1 did. I'd still run it daily but with a little more caution. I didn't do any testing of the 12kd or 16kd but from the 8000.1 testing I would be somewhat hesitant to run any amp of that size for daily purposes. I can only imagine the draw on either one @ 1ohm, so if u did plan on running them there u must have a huge electrical backing. The beauty of these amps truly are the fact that they will do monster power numbers on lower voltage. Then bring it anywhere from 16v and up and these amps will become some of the most powerful on the planet.

Just wanted to share my insight, opinion and experience with the SD amps.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

They really do shock the hell out of you when you see and feel how small they truly are in person. Makes you wonder how the hell they make the power that they do. I did some testing with 2 diff. SD amps(5000.1 + 8000.1) and they are absolute monsters for burps and bassrace.

I was very skeptical about how either one would work for a few days of daily workouts on each one. Each one did get a little warm after multiple songs but for an amp that small with that amount of power, it is to be expected. I was very impressed with how well they did do daily overall though but only downside I found was the amp draw which was a decent amount more than with similar rated power amps.

The numbers spoke for themselves compared with a few of my American Bass amps. All done with a standard 12v setup(300amp alt, multiple 2/0 runs(4 of each) ,Kinetik 1400 + 4 2400s). Testing done w/ 2 15" American Bass VFLs D1 coils in an older burp box that I had put alot of time into.

5000.1 @ 1ohm was (.7) louder than my VFL500.1 @ 1ohm on a burp and (.6) louder on a bassrace session.

8000.1 @ 1ohm was (.4) louder than 2 VFL400.1 @ .5ohm and was dead even with 2 VFL500.1 @ .5ohm each. (No BR testing, subs got stinky too quick).

Actual imp. rise and voltage I have written down somewhere, I'll look for it if you're interested.

This was just some of my personal testing with them a few months. The 5000.1 was great for daily and still a monster in the lanes, I wouldn't hesitate to run it daily in any setup. The 8000.1 was also a pretty solid daily amp but it just gave me less confidence with it than the 5000.1 did. I'd still run it daily but with a little more caution. I didn't do any testing of the 12kd or 16kd but from the 8000.1 testing I would be somewhat hesitant to run any amp of that size for daily purposes. I can only imagine the draw on either one @ 1ohm, so if u did plan on running them there u must have a huge electrical backing. The beauty of these amps truly are the fact that they will do monster power numbers on lower voltage. Then bring it anywhere from 16v and up and these amps will become some of the most powerful on the planet.

Just wanted to share my insight, opinion and experience with the SD amps.

Nice experience!

And yes, the SD16kD is very strong, 16kW at 12.6V and 22kW+ at 16V.

photo2wk.jpg

I got a buddy that owns 2 cactus elt 12s. :01nocomment8so:

Needless to say they are stout amps. In their street car they did a 156db with 2 dd 9510s and 1 nsb75 battery (think they won nationals for their class this year)

In his other car he has a elt running 4 dd9512s and 2 cs 9000 batteries. For the most part the car is a daily driver and also bassraces a 154+dbs.

I know you can get the cactus elt 12 for a lil more then 2500 if your an actual competitor and can provide stats.

stewie!!! go team TMH, street car is super impressive

HHR

(2) 15 DC Soundlab Lvl4XL SPL's

(1) Soundstream XXX-15000D

(9) XS Power D1000's

XS Power - Soundstream

SS N/W 155.1 db and climbing

Archived