Sonic Electronix

Why do people roll the volume?

I know you roll the volume to protect your equipment or to get louder in a comp but im not sure which one? and how does rolling the volume work?

Once or twice I have missed having a back seat / rear hatch, but all in all people love to see a walled vehcile. It just screams "i'm not fucking around with my setup, im loud"

Typically is done so either a. the amp doesn't go into protect b/c of to low of an ohm load or b. see a and blowing fuses.

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

what exactly is it? never really heard of it... :help:

Tim-Sig.png

62491252.png

The set up your talking about would sound great in my Tahoe. Trade you my dog for it. He has one eye but that only makes for bad depth perception so hey so what if he is running into shit, look at it this way he is easy to sneak up ninja style on. (right side only)
</div>

I know you roll the volume to protect your equipment or to get louder in a comp but im not sure which one? and how does rolling the volume work?

It does a lot to roll up your volume it's bad for a sub to be at a stand still the go to max excrision(sp) in a split second it's also bad for the amp to see let's say .5 ohms then raise to 1.9 ohms in a split second as well rolling helps everything does not allways give you your loudest spl

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

When I wire my amps to .5 ohms strapped which is .25 ohms per amp I can't even burp the setup full tilt without the amps going into protect. I have to roll the volume up, but I use an Alpine deck that has a mute roll function. So I'll put the volume on 16 which is my burp volume and I have the deck paused I hit mute. Then unpause the deck and the volume is like 4 or 5 let it sit for a second and then hit the mute button. The deck automatically rolls the volume from that 5 or so up to the 16 where I had it set.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

When I wire my amps to .5 ohms strapped which is .25 ohms per amp I can't even burp the setup full tilt without the amps going into protect. I have to roll the volume up, but I use an Alpine deck that has a mute roll function. So I'll put the volume on 16 which is my burp volume and I have the deck paused I hit mute. Then unpause the deck and the volume is like 4 or 5 let it sit for a second and then hit the mute button. The deck automatically rolls the volume from that 5 or so up to the 16 where I had it set.

My kenwood does that too.

I do it to shock people.

They start to smile after I roll it, some people even jump

I know if I ever find out you were messing with my 17yr old daughter, i'm diggin' off in that ass and then your next post will be asking for tips on how to remove my size 12 shoes from your ass.

Open Up The Trunk

Pioneer P6000Ub H.U.

Sundown Saz-1500D

Hifonics ZXi 4410

12" Directed SX12D4 (x2)

12" 1500rms Sub x1

Front - Powerbass 4XL-65-92 Mids

Rear - Cadence 6.5" Mids

Electrical Under Construction

Check Me Out(CarAudio Vids)

Official Feedback Thread

Check Out My Music Page