doing 2 more runs of " + & - " quick question?

Im going to be running 2 more runs of "+" (1 run from the back of each ALT directly to my rear buss bars) and 2 runs of "-" from the front batt, to the rear buss bar. My question is this: I DO NOT have anymore room to run them thru the fire wall, and into the cab, so I was thinking of running them thru a piece of PVC tubing under the chassis well secured. Will this be OK? and, my other major question is this: can I run the + & - in the same tube, or should I separate them? Thanks.......

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

it will be ok and you will be fine to run them through the pvc together.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.

How exactly are you planning on running pvc along the bottom of the chasis and have it not be noticable? You could try some black 3 or 4" pvc. That would help hide it a bit instead of having a big white pipe running under your car.

I can see it now, you get pulled over and the cops search your vehicle. One of them asks you, "Sir, what is the deal with the plumbing under your car?" Make sure you get a vid of it if it happens.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

How exactly are you planning on running pvc along the bottom of the chasis and have it not be noticable? You could try some black 3 or 4" pvc. That would help hide it a bit instead of having a big white pipe running under your car.

I can see it now, you get pulled over and the cops search your vehicle. One of them asks you, "Sir, what is the deal with the plumbing under your car?" Make sure you get a vid of it if it happens.

There appears to be plenty of space to run a tube of PVC full of 1awg wires ;) . it will be out of the way, and not seen unless under truck.

they are fine together, and hell most people dont even put them in a tube of any kind.

Thanks bud.

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

Use flexible conduit (like carflex or liquidtight) instead of rigid PVC.

Computer-Blue-Liquid-tight-Flexible-Conduit-YF-604-.jpg

As you can see, liquidtight is some strong stuff! It will take the abuse of getting hit by debris under the car and do an excellent job of protecting the wires. It's made up to 4" diameter but you should be fine with much smaller as well. Might have to order through an electric supply house if you can't find it at home depot.

2001 Chevy Blazer

(2) SAZ-3000Ds

(2) custom 18" Madmax subs in a second row wall

Rockford 600-4

Pioneer PRS components

Pioneer P800PRS deck

the wire in my friends jeep are all through pvc and sealed up.... he goes mudding alot... his looks like plumbing though there is a bulkhead going into the truck from the back and the front i put a 90 and a vertical piece and sealed it with silicone... both wires are together no problem... its a great way to run your wires and keep them protected...

Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card :)

i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps :(

I would not run ground wires from the front all the way to the back with the positives... I'd just run the positives...

I don't think I have seen anyone else do this either... (I know there is always a one off, of this one guy yadada yada yada)...

After the big 3 Upfront (making sure to include the grounds upfront, not just the Positive), I would run from your rear Ground/Negative busbar that you mentioned to the frame of the vehicle in the back...

But thats just me...

Whats everyone else think? How do you do it?

Any pics of said Bussbars? Idig looking at pics of peoples wiring...

Also, why 4 runs of power and 2 runs of ground? They are both equally important, the current has to make a complete loop....

I like the flexible conduit idea better than the PVC idea... When I get to that stage, I'll need to do something like one of these choice too...

Lastly, I'd buy several Gromets for passing though the body pannels from outside/in too... You can get them for like 5-6 bucks each I think...

My question is, eh, N/M I don't want to hijack your thread, I'll start a new one....

NRA - Patron Lifetime Member

'"the right of the people to keep andand bear arms shall not be infringed"

many people run both power and ground from front batts to back batts.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.