Sundown Audio

GRRR!!! amp fried from broken cd parts. WTF!

barros57

earlier today i was showing some ppl how the port shreds cd's. Then later tonight I turned my truck on, and the amp (kole kx1-5000D) sparked inside and smelled terrible. i immediately shut it off. apparently some of the foil covering from the cd got inside the amp and shorted something out. no fuses blew. I disconnected everything, cleaned out the circuit board using an air compressor. now just the protect light comes on. I am pissed! I just ordered 1/0 wire and a 15" hcca orion. I am completely broke :(

My 93 chevy truck Orion HCCA 15's Build

6K HID's

2 orion HCCA 15.4

2 AP30001D's

2 optima yellowtops, 2 C&D 270fr's, all 3 tsunami 1/0, CS144 190 amp

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p300-1

Kole KX1 5500D -broken

earlier today i was showing some ppl how the port shreds cd's. Then later tonight I turned my truck on, and the amp (kole kx1-5000D) sparked inside and smelled terrible. i immediately shut it off. apparently some of the foil covering from the cd got inside the amp and shorted something out. no fuses blew. I disconnected everything, cleaned out the circuit board using an air compressor. now just the protect light comes on. I am pissed! I just ordered 1/0 wire and a 15" hcca orion. I am completely broke :(

you can TRY to rma it they may reject it but who knows ive seen some pretty crazy RMAs get accepted

I may try that, but i bought it used so i dont think that will work.

...Fuck!

6K HID's

2 orion HCCA 15.4

2 AP30001D's

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p300-1

Kole KX1 5500D -broken

you can TRY to rma it they may reject it but who knows ive seen some pretty crazy RMAs get accepted

Great way to be a dishonest fucker and hurt the industry you dickwad. You know RMAs come out of someone's pocket at the end of the day right? Why should some poor guy suffer because you fucked your amp up by getting bits of CD in it.

It REALLY fucks me off when I see people trying to RMA equipment that THEY fucked up. Don't even try it, it's fraud, nothing less.

who did you buy it from, if he has the warranty card somewhere there may still be a chance, or if you complain enough they may just do it just to shut you up

People like you are the reason the economy is fucked. Way to shit on the industry.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Great way to be a dishonest fucker and hurt the industry you dickwad. You know RMAs come out of someone's pocket at the end of the day right? Why should some poor guy suffer because you fucked your amp up by getting bits of CD in it.

It REALLY fucks me off when I see people trying to RMA equipment that THEY fucked up. Don't even try it, it's fraud, nothing less.

People like you are the reason the economy is fucked. Way to shit on the industry.

Couldn't have said it any better then that! Another 100 points for you BOON!! LOL... When I use Liquid nitrogen/phase/water/etc... to cool CPU's @ 5- 6GHz+, and the chip fries, I guess I should have RMA'ed these 8 or so CPU's I have here dead! DAMN, no wonder why I have no money.......CAUSE IM HONEST!

I love my staffie :good:

So anti FACEBOOK it isn't even funny

I bought the HCCA for 200$. I couldnt pass it up but that was all my $. I guess I will start selling stuff and saving for a new amp unless someone on here can repair the kole.

6K HID's

2 orion HCCA 15.4

2 AP30001D's

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p300-1

Kole KX1 5500D -broken

Those amps are usually pretty easy to repair as long as the driver board hasn't gone up in smoke (literally, the PCB is so budget that it burns up)

Stuck in protect usually means output section failure or driver board though...

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Those amps are usually pretty easy to repair as long as the driver board hasn't gone up in smoke (literally, the PCB is so budget that it burns up)

Stuck in protect usually means output section failure or driver board though...

There was no burnt mosfets and the power supply coils all looked good. Where the spark came from was the back side of the board where all the soder points are. It appears it shorted out a capacitor. Do you know it this would cause the power FET's to fail?

6K HID's

2 orion HCCA 15.4

2 AP30001D's

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p200-2

Rockford p300-1

Kole KX1 5500D -broken

Archived