Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
You act like you agree with the idea of noise violations, from car stereos in the middle of the day. If he was moving on a public road, nobody around, who gives a shit. It's petty. I don't give cops any credit for minor infractions either. If you do, that's your loss. I think tint, music, front license plate, etc tickets are a bunch of shit. Give cops credit where they deserve it, and no credit where they don't. I appreciate what some cops do, and I don't appreciate what many do, so I say Fuck power hungry douche bag cops. The rest, props to them. The cops out there who let small shit go and focus on the bigger picture are the ones that have my respect. The ones pulling over people for things that could could make two shits in a community, screw them.

Life wouldn't be the same without music, why should it be against the law to enjoy it at 145+ DB on a public road with nobody around?

I agree with everything that you've said here and I don't believe in noise violations while driving at appropriate times.. But you also gotta remember that alot of people do work night shifts and sleep during the day. Should those people be shit out of luck just because of their certain situation?? As long as you "bump responsibly" then everything is ok for the most part. The OP said he was dropping his friend off back at school. So I'm guessing he pulled into his high school blasting music and drawing attention to himself. For that he was being an idiot and deserves a ticket for not being responsible with his system. In a situation like that a warning is definitely warranted and the ticket may have been a little excessive. But who knows if the kid had been warned before or the cops became annoyed with hearing his system blasting all the time. We really don't know the entire situation.

Tint tickets are given for a specific reason and that is to protect the safety of police officers. Example - Would u wanna pull someone over @ 3am in a bad neighborhood and not be able to see into their car as you're walking up to it?? The front license plate thing I think is pretty dumb also and the majority of police will look past it. But again this is to be able to identify vehicles in case the back one isn't currently in plain view. Laws like this are in place to allow officers to safely identify the vehicles and the people inside of them.

Yea some cops do let small things go but you have to remember that some of these "small things" contribute to much larger implications. Last year a guy got pulled over down here for not wearing his seatbelt and playing his system too loud(it was sometime in the afternoon). The cop pulled him over because of this and after talking to the guy began getting suspicious of him. The cop then sees a small butterfly knife sitting on the center console, which gives him probable cause to search his vehicle. What does he find in this guys car and on his person - 2 Ak-47s, AR-15, 3 handguns, 400+ rounds of ammo, 3lbs of heroin and $30,000 in cash. Now what may have happen if this cop didn't do his job properly and was focused on the "bigger picture"??

Cops do their job the correct way and enforce these "dumb" laws for a reason... Are there sum cops who are on a power trip and look for people to get in trouble, Yes. These are the officers that give police a bad name and make people(especially younger kids) think that cops are these horrible people. But just as in any profession, there will always be people who get on "power trips" and take their job overtly seriously, even when it's not warranted.

/rant

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Posted

Not gonna copy everything Marlo said but x to the muthafuckin 2!

...Unfortunately those power-trippers compose 90% of my local police department. =/

Too many projects, too little time...

Posted

I Agree with Marlo all the way. Sometimes it may seem like cops are being anal dick heads and some of them are going overboard but alot of big problems have been discovered due to the petty little traffic violations that get us stopped and warrant a probable search.

X2 to ArmyGuy Im currently waiting to see if I can get a job on the local police force.

there is a time and place to bump responsibly. LOL

Team MaxRetribution

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Id rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6

Bowhunting- Life Begins and Ends at Full Draw

Bowhunting Team Fatal Trajectory Hunt Team

 

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/49335-sick96vtecaccords-t-line-build/?hl=sick96vtecaccord << Accord Build

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/68498-smokedout08impalas-tline-build/?hl=+sick96vtecaccord << Impala T-line build

 

Rebassed.com for all your music needs 👌

Posted

I can't argue with that post Marlo.

Honestly, there are ways to get out of the tint situation, as a cop. Cops have loudspeakers on the front of their cars. 'Driver, roll down all your windows and place your hands outside of the car" is enough to get past the situation if there is any suspicion at all, or even asking the driver to step out of the car. I know in the past cops have been shot because of window tint, but really. Why would you walk up to a closed and tinted window?

Posted
Not gonna copy everything Marlo said but x to the muthafuckin 2!

...Unfortunately those power-trippers compose 90% of my local police department. =/

x2, one of the cops around here that I have had the "pleasure" to meet is HORRIBLE, he LOVES to get in our faces and curse us out, I'm guessing he is hoping that we will try to do something back? One day he came up to us and decided to put all of us (roughly 40+ kids) on the ground and take each of our pictures one by one, which was for a good reason because they were tired of us hanging out at the local walmart and gave us a warning, but at the end of it, a guy there asked the cop where we could hangout without getting introuble, WITHOUT having an attitude or anything, was just a simple question with a perfectly nice attitude, and this officer decided to go up to him, and literally get RIGHT into his face and started yelling, cursing, etc.

But I totally agree with Marlo.

JDirty96, if the cops told the drivers to get out of their cars, and let's say the cop was white, and the driver was black, the driver could probably file a lawsuit for racial discrimination against the police force, not everybody is honest. And technically you're not suppose to roll your window down untill the cops tell you too, I have talked to a few nice cops before and they said they prefer the driver that they pull over, have their window up if it was already up, down if it was already down, and to have their hands on the wheel before the cop gets there, so they are in plain view.

And do y'all think that cops really have fun writing out "stupid" tickets? Because then they have to go and fill out all of this paperwork, they are just doing their job, but YES some cops are power hungry and are on a power trip, and like 'ktownsdriftking' said, there are tons of those type of cops were I live

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

Posted
I can't argue with that post Marlo.

Honestly, there are ways to get out of the tint situation, as a cop. Cops have loudspeakers on the front of their cars. 'Driver, roll down all your windows and place your hands outside of the car" is enough to get past the situation if there is any suspicion at all, or even asking the driver to step out of the car. I know in the past cops have been shot because of window tint, but really. Why would you walk up to a closed and tinted window?

Do u really think that police officers are gonna change how they work because u wanted to tint your windows too dark, I dont think so... Also having a cop say over the loudspeaker to do something like that is just humiliating, especially if you'd get stopped in a public place. Also what happens if the person decides not to follow the order?? If I were a cop and that happened I'd be freaked the fuck out that I was about to get shot at or whatever. Any cop in his right mind would be walking up to that vehicle with one hell of an itchy trigger finger.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Posted

Yes I do have a job and im 22. I just had to bring the song out seeing as how everyone was saying fuck tha police and figured it would be a good time to take everyone back in time a bit and chill everyone out. With the past setup I had in the Ranger I didnt have many problems. I could bump right by a cop and get no attention. Which on the other hand my friend got pulled over in his integra. He had to take his exhaust tip off because the cop said "If I can fit my fist in it its to big". My cousin got pulled over because his car looked like the vehicle a purse snatcher was driving that same night.

wc_zps9b224b53.png

Posted

good for that one cop catching the guy with all those guns. so he was looking for people with no seatbelts and loud music, smart thinking. wait a second there is a word for that. ummm.... profiling.

big rims, loud music, dark tint and a cop will be watching your ass very closely.

i do not respect a fair amount of cops. why? well i get pulled over for speeding, that all fine and dandy. but when i see a cop doin 60 in that same 35 that i got pulled over in, and one doin 90 in the 70 just like i was (mind you with no lights on or anything) what kind of message does that send me? if a cop can speed then it must be ok. i see cops doing stupid shit all the time when driving. one even almost caused me to wreck. brought me to a stop in the right lane of a 3 lane highway and drove off.

a couple weeks ago my girlfriend got pulled over because a cop was tailing her and she got scared and sped up. thats bullshit. pure bullshit. its happened to me too but i wasnt pulled over

fucking irresponsible. the day cops start obeying all the laws is a day where i can be satisfied.

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz



Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Posted

I guess I'm lucky I'm friends with all the sheriffs in my town :) but the other local power trippers not so much.....

One of the sheriffs actually thought it was funny I was shaking his car (he pulled in at the local car hang out and talked to us for a good hour, really cool guy, I had demoed it for him before)

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

Posted
wow ur a bright one :01nocomment8so:

being young and stupid is no excuse, but thats my excuse. why did i feel like pushing buttons? idk but i regretted it the second he flipped on his lights. :rolleyes: i have :01nocomment8so: for it as well.

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 2466 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...