Alexdb7 Posted November 13, 2009 Report Posted November 13, 2009 ive heard nothing but good about them...the should wang in your truck man. Custom Car Audio (815) 916 - 9194 www.midwestsplcustoms.com 2000 Tahoe | 22" GREED Celebrities Alpine CDA-117 Dual 0/1 Runs (3) 925 CA Group 31 In Back (4) 18" FI Audio Q's (W/ Extra Spider) (4) Hifonics BXi 2010D Hifonics ZXi 4410 4 RF P1653 6 1/2's Big 3 All Kicker/Knu Wiring
Jared420 Posted November 13, 2009 Author Report Posted November 13, 2009 they arent being underpowered really you can get great results of these subs with rated power, you just cant choke them in a small box like you plan to do. Not arguing because you know more than me by a long shot but why are the alpine specs for recommended box size so small then? I have seen 1.5-3 cuft ported. 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
Jared420 Posted November 13, 2009 Author Report Posted November 13, 2009 Not arguing because you know more than me by a long shot but why are the alpine specs for recommended box size so small then? I have seen 1.5-3 cuft ported. I dont agree that would be an optimal box but if it would really be choking them that badly and they sounded bad why would those be the recommended specs 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
AI James Posted November 13, 2009 Report Posted November 13, 2009 recommended specs are always what the manufacture recommends for the life of your sub and what a good medium is for them...1.5 per 15 id never do EVER but whatever floats your boat.
Jared420 Posted November 13, 2009 Author Report Posted November 13, 2009 recommended specs are always what the manufacture recommends for the life of your sub and what a good medium is for them...1.5 per 15 id never do EVER but whatever floats your boat. well i mean mine will have around 2.5 each maybe slightly more So thats why i was saying i dont think that would be choking them too bad cuz its on the higher end of recommended specs 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
97SSBlazer Posted November 13, 2009 Report Posted November 13, 2009 i have 2 in my blazer around 2K RMS each. Box is tuned to 30HZ and they sound great, get low, and are FAR louder than my 4 Pioneer 12's i had on the same power. I really like the lows of the Type R 15's. lower tuning is just hard. I was surprised how loud 145 sounds at 35hz, and how quiet 145 sounds at 50hz. -= 2005 Tahoe LT =-Head unit: Pioneer AVH-X5500BHSSource: iPad Mini in dash Subs: 2 T1 12's Sub Amp: T1500-1bdCPWire: Rockford Fosgate 1/0 awgSignal Cable: MonsterFronts:Stock Bose for now:)Rears: Stock Bose for now:)MIds/High amp: Stock Bose for now:) 2005 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/172529-2005-tahoe-my-17th-vehicle/ 2001 Monte Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/160030-2001-monte-carlo-my-16th-car-lol/page-2#entry25309381997 Tahoe Build Log: http://www.stevemead...oe-6-15-rf-15s/2001 Impala Build Log: http://www.stevemead...katzkin-inside/
Jared420 Posted November 14, 2009 Author Report Posted November 14, 2009 i have 2 in my blazer around 2K RMS each. Box is tuned to 30HZ and they sound great, get low, and are FAR louder than my 4 Pioneer 12's i had on the same power. I really like the lows of the Type R 15's. haha damn i wish i had the amps and electrical to be giving them 2000 rms each but i hope they do well off 700 a piece . 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
Marlo Stanfield Posted November 14, 2009 Report Posted November 14, 2009 recommended specs are always what the manufacture recommends for the life of your sub and what a good medium is for them...1.5 per 15 id never do EVER but whatever floats your boat. What he said ^^^ I'd never run these with anything less than about 3.5ft3 per woofer regardless of what the manufacturer specs are. 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN. Pioneer AVIC-N2 (12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s 26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area 156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace
Jared420 Posted November 18, 2009 Author Report Posted November 18, 2009 Ups came today and I put the 15's in and they hit HARD much harder than the 12's and much lower too. I tried not to get too greedy with the gain yet but I did notice a little smell. Is that normal for subs when they are breaking in? Im only giving them 700 rms a piece and they can handle a bunch more. I cant be frying something. The box was just build too I dont know if its a funny smell coming from the box or the sub? 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
Jared420 Posted November 18, 2009 Author Report Posted November 18, 2009 Ups came today and I put the 15's in and they hit HARD much harder than the 12's and much lower too. I tried not to get too greedy with the gain yet but I did notice a little smell. Is that normal for subs when they are breaking in? Im only giving them 700 rms a piece and they can handle a bunch more. I cant be frying something. The box was just build too I dont know if its a funny smell coming from the box or the sub? everything hits very hard low but the only dissappointment is my higher bass. Is it a tuning issue with my box or maybe the lpf on the amp? The very high bass barely hits for example in the song I Put On by jeezy the first bass tone barely hits then it drops to the 2nd and that hits very hard it drops to the 3rd lower one and it hits harder and crazy and then it bottoms off with the very very last low note and it still hits hard and loud but just bass like that first not isn't really there. According to the calculators I used for the box it is tuned to 32 HZ should it still hit the highs good or should I have tuned higher? 2012 silverado ext cab ltz 24" kmc rims AudioQue 2200 Pioneer AppRadio Alpine mrx f35 4 channel Bose mids and highs Iraggi Alt + stock alt in a DC power dual alternator kit Yellowtop+stock under hood 0 gauge Knu wire Big 3 4 gauge stinger (4 chan wiring) 3 DC 10'' LVL3 with LVL4 parts
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.