Second Skin Audio

i have 2 18' fully loaded BTL's and i heard g-monk talkin about how after like 30seconds his shit already gets hot after ful tilt...i wanna be able to tilt mines not all day but longer than some 30 something seconds...he has 2 SAZ-1500d's going to each 1 and im having 1 SAZ-3000d going to each 1 so im going to probably have the same problem as him...i want something that can take 3000rms...i want to get a tc sounds 4hp 18'...anybody know how much they cost and how i get them if i even can...or just name me some stuff...thnx appreciate it guys

Car Audio + Bodyboarding/Longboarding = LIFE!!!

email TC sounds

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

Do you know for sure that your subs get hot after 30 seconds of full tilt? Each of those subs are built custom, so it's completely different from the other guy that has 3000 going to each sub. A good example is steve; he has 4000 goin to each 18. See so each sub has a different 'personality', you could say, when it comes to power handling.

(1)Fi BTL 15

(1)AQ 2200d

4.33 Cubes~33hz

Big Three done

XS 1200 in the back

http://www.tcsounds.com/tc5200.htm

check that one out, awesome sub right there

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

His sundowns are also strapped at .7, so .35 per amp, thats alot of power he is running, This is a quote from the owner of sundown on power tests he did on the two 1500's strapped.

4 ohm strapped = 1900 watts @ 82% efficiency

2 ohm strapped = 3150 watts @ 72% efficiency

1 ohm strapped = 3740 watts @ 68% efficiency

.5 ohm strapped = 4425 watts @ 65% efficiency

.35 ohm strapped = 5415 watts @ 62% efficiency

This was on two amps strapped with two batteries and a 85 amp alt, gmonk has a 300 amp alt and ten kinetik 2400's. I would make an educated gguess and say the subs are getting somehwere around 4000-4200 watts at the moment, I would say they will take a saz3000d but not all day, they tested that amp and got almost 5200 watts out of it before it went into protection.

If anybody wants to look at any of the power tests they did here is the url to the sundown forum.

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...hp?showforum=48

And from my personal experience i had mine on a powerbass 3000d at .7 and it did fine and i have a buddy that has two btl 5's on two t4000's and they get slightly smelly after a full minute of bassboxing.

But to answer your question check out a t3 audio tsns, they are capable of handling some serious power.

Edited by majorpayne
xa-1.gif

I dunno, I havent dealt with TC, but how many people do you know with TC Sound 18s? not many, I know alot more people with FI, RE, Kicker 18s than TC sounds 18s

Do you live in Alaska or somethin?

sundown.jpg

my Treo SSX 18's have had no problems taking 4kw RMS daily. even now im givin around 3000 RMS with no problems and im relentless on them. greatest subs ive ever used to be able to withstand as much power as they do for large amounts of time. well worth the price tag treo gives them.

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png