Fluke, bluepoint (snap-on brand), sperry, mac are all good Digital multimeters.

People say to get the nicer multimeters for a few reasons like they will last longer, built with better components, and have a strict tolerence for being accurate/calibrated. Where as some off brand could give you a totally different reading compared to quality dmm.

Ive heard that some of the brands better brands use fluke internals a few times, but im not sure if there is any truth to it (kind of like rebadged zenon amps (cactus, older rd audio, dc audio, sundown, atomic)).

thanks it helps alot when you brought up accuracy and yea because you get what you pay for right.

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

i have a fluke 88 and a blue point DMM both give me exact same readings.. the fluke was like 3 times the price as the blue point... i'd say go with blue point if you want to save money yet get something that will give you accurate results....

Team sundownWESTCOASTSPL.COM we're throwing dbdrag events very soon visit the website for details

i have a fluke 88 and a blue point DMM both give me exact same readings.. the fluke was like 3 times the price as the blue point... i'd say go with blue point if you want to save money yet get something that will give you accurate results....

thanks where would they sell the blue point?

Refs-(b.f.) 99vic, WCA Rusty(x3) Nathan@XSPOWER, Ampjunkielikeme, Bread0710, AmiCreations (s.t.) REsLaPz, PandaGT(x2), Keiferacing, Juicemane (t.w.) Powski, Big gil[/center]

Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/77726-sss-celica-dc-buildupdate-611-finished/

2005 subi STi 380whp 355whp

17" gold bbs

5% tint all around w/sunglare strip

JVC dvd double din

Knuconceptz 4ga wiring

XS Power!

Big 3

8" SAv2 d2

1800 audiopipe

Adjust your amps? Really man, wouldn't be worth it if you're just needing it for that purpose and a one time use.

A good one like a fluke will run you between $80-300. Seems steep right? Well think of it like this, if you plan on using it on a day to day basis and it's an essential tool that you use to put bread on the table, then the money is well worth it. If you just plan on using it for the amps, then losing it at the bottom of your tool box, don't waste the money.

Oscilliscope is the way to go for adjusting your amp gains. It will visually show you where you are clipping as you're adjusting. The DMM way is pretty iffy.

Now you can get a DMM/ocilliscope for about $150 I believe, I want to say steve got the exact one I'm thinking. (velleman maybe?) The cool thing there is that not only is it a oscilliscope but, a reputable brand of DMM which will give you many usefull features and yet again I'm talking as if it's a tool you plan to utilize on a daily basis.

Tuning by ear is what most people do, there's advantages and disadvantages to it. You get someone who doesnt know what they are listening for and you could have an amp clipping, you have someone who does know what to listen for and you got the job done without any expenses on any tools to do it.

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Now you can get a DMM/ocilliscope for about $150 I believe, I want to say steve got the exact one I'm thinking. (velleman maybe?) The cool thing there is that not only is it a oscilliscope but, a reputable brand of DMM which will give you many usefull features and yet again I'm talking as if it's a tool you plan to utilize on a daily basis.

Vellman is not to the greatest, but they do work. Ive known a few people ask about them for amp repair and where told it is not the best scope to use.

And Steve uses a ScopePlus 440, which retails in the $350 range at many places.

http://elexp.com/tst_m440.htm

http://www.mobilesolutions-usa.com/smartpa...lddigital_1.htm

Fluke. Picked mine up at Sears of all places for 150 ish. Probably could have gotten it cheaper elsewhere but I needed it then.

THERE IS NO BUILD LOG!

1998 Chevy Silverado ext cab

Alpine CDA-9887

4 Team Fi 15s

2 Ampere Audio TFE 8.0

2 Ampere Audio 150.4

3 Digital Designs CS6.5 component sets

Dual Mechman 370XP Elite alternators inbound!

8 XS Power d3400

6 XS power d680

Second Skin

Stinger

Tsunami Wiring

Sky High

A Real Voltmeter not a piece of shit stinger.