Red-navi-916 Posted November 17, 2009 Report Posted November 17, 2009 here is what u do get paid once u have the money then do whats next shipping etc BUILDLOG http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862 "98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!! Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.
Benji0687 Posted November 17, 2009 Report Posted November 17, 2009 here is what u do get paid once u have the money then do whats next shipping etc You really are as dumb as you seem, aren't you. Several people, myself included, agree this is a scam. Obviously designed to trick slow people like you. I've had people try to pull this type of shit on craigslist, watch out for "trades" too. people will do practically anything these days to rip off others. 1989 Chevy Caprice Classic350ci V8 High Performance JVC Arsenal HU JL XR series components Infinity Reference 6x9s Pioneer Premier 4-Channel Clarion 2-Channel Rockford Fosgate Series 1 2-Channel Fusion 2000.1D MTX Crossover RF, Knu, Kicker, and Monster wiring NVX VCW 12in. Sub **Won on here from the Sonic contest!** *Build log coming soon!* Starting all over pretty much which the gear listed...lost almost everything I had, including my life. Never take life and what's in it for granted.
Marlo Stanfield Posted November 17, 2009 Report Posted November 17, 2009 That really didn't scream scam to you? I mean, can't meet in person, will have mover pick it up. And oh yeah I need all your personal imformation to fill out the check. :01nocomment8so: I couldn't agree more.. It was the first thing I thought when I read the thread. here is what u do get paid once u have the money then do whats next shipping etc I really hope you were just kidding around when u wrote this or you truly are an idiot... This is exactly what the scams want you to do. They send a check or money order that the bank receives and cashes for you as it being 100% legit. Then a week or more after you have cashed the check/MO, it comes back through the bank system as being a fake. You then in turn are charged for this amount and screwed out of product and the money. If you think that it was the banks fault and refuse to pay it back, good luck in court is all I have to say. You'll never track down the original sender and it falls on you because technically you did cash a phoney check/MO. This is the reason why on CL you should always deal in cash only. 1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN. Pioneer AVIC-N2 (12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s 26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area 156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace
Dan208 Posted November 17, 2009 Report Posted November 17, 2009 Yes, definately a scam. I got something similar to this when I sold our entertainment center. A lot of the wording was almost exactly the same. Person said he was a doctor and just got married, so he wanted it as a present for his new wife. Um, why on earth would a doctor be buying used furniture on Craigslist? Feedback thread- http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/70871-dan208-feedback-thread/page__p__981961__hl__dan208__fromsearch__1entry981961
TechSys Posted November 17, 2009 Report Posted November 17, 2009 First thing that told me it was a scam. The wording. Every attempt to scam me through email has been worded in pretty much the same way as what you posted. Even the ones from Niagra, Nigeria, or whatever the god forsaken place is. Second thing. The money order. Only deal with cash if possible. I could probably go into more detail on this, but won't. Third thing. Can't meet in person. Shyea right. Fourth. A "Mover"? WTF are you selling, everything in you house? Fifth. Secretary? This is probably some low life that WISHES he/she had a secretary. Possibly a 16y.o. that has no job. That's my .02 Team Pinnacle / Team SouthEastSPL / Team SoundStream / Team GPI / GPI Sales Rep for Florida and Georgia
77-AUDIO Posted November 17, 2009 Report Posted November 17, 2009 I like the replys that ask you to "REMOVE YOU ADVERT" and then tell you that they have a shipper that is going to pick up the item and you just give them the balance of the money that is left over from the excessive amount of overage they sent. PPI dbl dinDC Level 31.77cubes net tuned to 33htz.DC audio 2.0kCT Pro Audio 8" in front, 6.5 in rear
DcMonster Posted November 17, 2009 Report Posted November 17, 2009 any reply's that are written in paragraphs are scam!! (really long one's or the one's that start by saying "thank you for replying me)
wL<3bass Posted November 17, 2009 Report Posted November 17, 2009 I couldn't agree more.. It was the first thing I thought when I read the thread.I really hope you were just kidding around when u wrote this or you truly are an idiot... This is exactly what the scams want you to do. They send a check or money order that the bank receives and cashes for you as it being 100% legit. Then a week or more after you have cashed the check/MO, it comes back through the bank system as being a fake. You then in turn are charged for this amount and screwed out of product and the money. If you think that it was the banks fault and refuse to pay it back, good luck in court is all I have to say. You'll never track down the original sender and it falls on you because technically you did cash a phoney check/MO. This is the reason why on CL you should always deal in cash only. Good info to know I wasn't sure exactly how it worked but I was sure the check would bounce..... this should be stickied or you should do a write up on how internet scamming works and have it stickied on the forum. Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4 Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2" Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400 Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube) Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors) Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex My YouTube Videos My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build My "Seamless" Looking Box Build My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer) My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk My feedback/references...
PUNKYOU007 Posted November 17, 2009 Report Posted November 17, 2009 that is the most popular scam out there. it is very very common on CL. just look out for poor english/typing and they always want to mail you payment and have the item shipped and there will be money left over that they want too. i normally just reply with a short mesage telling them what i want to do to there daughter Doethepaperboy "Bars of Pain" Doethepaperboy "Hero Remix" C. Arson d(-__-)b beer sucks...but i can bring some jose cuervo. Only problem is that it makes me horny and gives me the rams. So unless yall wanna fight and then have some great make up sex i will leave it home.
Red-navi-916 Posted November 18, 2009 Report Posted November 18, 2009 I couldn't agree more.. It was the first thing I thought when I read the thread.I really hope you were just kidding around when u wrote this or you truly are an idiot... This is exactly what the scams want you to do. They send a check or money order that the bank receives and cashes for you as it being 100% legit. Then a week or more after you have cashed the check/MO, it comes back through the bank system as being a fake. You then in turn are charged for this amount and screwed out of product and the money. If you think that it was the banks fault and refuse to pay it back, good luck in court is all I have to say. You'll never track down the original sender and it falls on you because technically you did cash a phoney check/MO. This is the reason why on CL you should always deal in cash only. dont call me an idiot u fucking queer...thanks for the info that i can care less about... im sorry that you are the smartest guy in the world and we are not all educated like you sir BUILDLOG http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862 "98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!! Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.