Sundown Audio

anyone run with audioque 3500's

steven

That is exactly what I had in mind. I don't plan on running these babies at .5 ohms. I just wanted to know if they could be ran that low. Honestly if someone wanted to I would like to also know what is the big deal about .5 ohms. I just don't get it. And again I am having professionals install my stuff and I will be right there learning, but I at least need the right materials. Hell I wouldn't need 6000 watts ran to any of my BTL's I just like the possibility of the amps. So I would most likely be running a 14v system or 16 v system.

Just so u won't be getting flamed by sum of people on here it's not actually a 14v system.. It's a 12v system but usually charges over 14v, so it's referred to as a 12v system.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Nofearx18 on here is using these amps at his shop currently... a customer came in wanting to be extremely loud and they ar putting 4 18" mayhems and 4 AQ 3500's into a hummer.. Dual alt setup and multiple batteries obviously.

But eventually im going to picking one of these because the owner of the shop talked to the guys at AQ and from what i was told they are redesigning the AQ 3500 and when they do it'll 4300 rms at 14.4(this is what they were told). So ill wait for that and at 16 volts it'll be 5K i think it was.. and yes they are able to do .5 ohms daily Nofearx18 ran his daily at .5 ohms

and to your ? about why its harder to run a amp .5 ohms...

ok as i understand it with the less resistance that the amp has the current it'll draw and it wont be as efficent and will produce more power and also more heat. More heat on the board and heat sink will increase your risk of blowing your amp. so as stated before just run your amp and its rated ohm load of 1 ohm and keep your amp safer and as efficent as you can with as much power that you can get.

And going above a 12 volt system for daily isn't always the best unless you know what your doing because you'll be pushing your amp harder then designed but it's more then possible i suggest following the advise given so far.

Please if any of this info is incorrect please correct me

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

sorry to the OP on this one getting way off topic.

sorry to the OP on this one getting way off topic.

No worries. The more people post the more I get to laugh at the questions and to the guy running 4 btls DONT DO IT. Its a lot harder than your expecting it to be... I hope your ready to spend around 2 grand on JUST your electrical.

steven.jpg

No worries. The more people post the more I get to laugh at the questions and to the guy running 4 btls DONT DO IT. Its a lot harder than your expecting it to be... I hope your ready to spend around 2 grand on JUST your electrical.

Well I plan on doing about 3 grand so I would be happy at 2 grand and could put money aside lol.

Nofearx18 on here is using these amps at his shop currently... a customer came in wanting to be extremely loud and they ar putting 4 18" mayhems and 4 AQ 3500's into a hummer.. Dual alt setup and multiple batteries obviously.

But eventually im going to picking one of these because the owner of the shop talked to the guys at AQ and from what i was told they are redesigning the AQ 3500 and when they do it'll 4300 rms at 14.4(this is what they were told). So ill wait for that and at 16 volts it'll be 5K i think it was.. and yes they are able to do .5 ohms daily Nofearx18 ran his daily at .5 ohms

ok as i understand it with the less resistance that the amp has the current it'll draw and it wont be as efficent and will produce more power and also more heat. More heat on the board and heat sink will increase your risk of blowing your amp. so as stated before just run your amp and its rated ohm load of 1 ohm and keep your amp safer and as efficent as you can with as much power that you can get.

And going above a 12 volt system for daily isn't always the best unless you know what your doing because you'll be pushing your amp harder then designed but it's more then possible i suggest following the advise given so far.

I was not sure if this was directed at me, but anyway; Yes your correct and thats just 1 reason I wouldnt suggest running the amp at .5 ohm. I know I know a ton of people do it and it works fine but in a NORMAL situation its just too taxing on the amp and Im not willing to thrash on $600 that easy and 1 more thing to the guy with 4-6 btls read this thread I posted http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/forum/i...on-wiring-btls/ Words on wiring the btls at .5 ohm from the man him self...

steven.jpg

The new AQ3500D.1 will be rated at:

1400@[email protected]

2600@[email protected]

4300@[email protected]

5300@1ohm@16V

6000@1ohm@18V

Above are @ less then 1%thd

7000@1ohm@6%thd

8600@2ohm [email protected] less then 1%thd

10,600@2ohm strapped@16 " " "

12,000@2ohm " '' @18 " " "