Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
idk how your parents are, but that would go over like a fart in church at my house...they would have been pissed if i just went ahead and did something like that when i was under 18..now they dont care but then, it wouldnt have been pretty

I didn't "necessarily" ask to get a system, I just always said how I like music and sound systems. My brother (who is about 25 now) also got a system at 17 without even mentioning it. They considered his truck as his property, kinda the same with me but more strict since my brother is considered more "liberal" and i'm more conservative.

But our systems are small, I'm thinking you have something BIG. My brother had 2 10's in his singlecab so no one really knows until you looked. And so did I/ Hopefully after my drop kit I'll get one.

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

Posted
I didn't "necessarily" ask to get a system, I just always said how I like music and sound systems. My brother (who is about 25 now) also got a system at 17 without even mentioning it. They considered his truck as his property, kinda the same with me but more strict since my brother is considered more "liberal" and i'm more conservative.

But our systems are small, I'm thinking you have something BIG. My brother had 2 10's in his singlecab so no one really knows until you looked. And so did I/ Hopefully after my drop kit I'll get one.

Ya for me this is huge lol..but i think ill talk to them some more when i get the money and maybe buy 1 at a time the only thing is a box and an amp..the only thing sold around here is alpine boston acoustics JL kicker Kenwood and sony

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

Posted
Ya for me this is huge lol..but i think ill talk to them some more when i get the money and maybe buy 1 at a time the only thing is a box and an amp..the only thing sold around here is alpine boston acoustics JL kicker Kenwood and sony

buy your stuff online, rite aid, walgreens etc sells preloaded debit cards

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

Posted
buy your stuff online, rite aid, walgreens etc sells preloaded debit cards

I have a debit card..and i found out they can get orion too so maybe they could just order any brand i needed

http://www.youtube.c...er/SmallTownSPL

2002 Chevy Blazer

Substage: Shhh, its a secret ;)

Mids and Highs: Stock-Going to change soon

Amp:MTX 92001

Wire:1/0 Welding cable

Electrical:Stock

http://www.stevemead...__fromsearch__1

I hope she was meaning that to you. Any who.... You dont say you wanna have dinner in the first damn post. talk to her first. I say find out if the status was torwards you..

Here try this...

"Hey hows it going :)( notice smiley face makes everything better ) I saw your status. "You are far from usual".... So is my dick... Wanna Fuck tommorow???"

Or send her message saying "hey" she replies back "hey" when this happens reply Wanna fuck (INSERT ADDRESS HERE)

Quote of the SPL Creed ; back in the day my girlfriend gave me a choice between her and my love for car audio, I told that bitch I've made harder decisions at the Coke machine. :)

Posted

My mom really doesnt care about what I spend my money on.

But my dad is a stickler about spending money.

For example, a while back I posted up my dilemma with a radar detector. I eventually talked my mom into it. If I had asked my dad, he would've said no and gotten all into it. Instead I put in on my car, he sees it everyday as he walks to his and he has never said a word about it.

Seems like you got the same thing, my dad is queer when it comes to subs. He thinks it makes the audio system sound cheap, and like a poor mans stereo. He likes SQ with non-noticeable bass.

So, convince your mom with the normal ways, then just don't say anything to your dad.

IDK how good this would work for you, but I have a really bad relationship with my dad, and he could care less what I do. If your dad and you are close and yall talk about stuff like that on a regular basis, I don't think thatll work too good.

SUCCESS is a decision, NOT a dream. You have to name the price you are willing to pay to get it.

"You didn't have an ice pick on you? Amateur. " -- Wax from Fchat.

Posted
I say you gotta be a lil more independent and just do it, & don't ask for permission,

You can definitely buy the products without getting permission from your parents but with them buying you a vehicle, I'd get permission to actually install them. You will be pulling sum pieces apart from a vehicle that they did buy you and I wouldn't go behind their back to install more products.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Posted
My mom really doesnt care about what I spend my money on.

But my dad is a stickler about spending money.

For example, a while back I posted up my dilemma with a radar detector. I eventually talked my mom into it. If I had asked my dad, he would've said no and gotten all into it. Instead I put in on my car, he sees it everyday as he walks to his and he has never said a word about it.

Seems like you got the same thing, my dad is queer when it comes to subs. He thinks it makes the audio system sound cheap, and like a poor mans stereo. He likes SQ with non-noticeable bass.

So, convince your mom with the normal ways, then just don't say anything to your dad.

IDK how good this would work for you, but I have a really bad relationship with my dad, and he could care less what I do. If your dad and you are close and yall talk about stuff like that on a regular basis, I don't think thatll work too good.

My dad probably helps me with stuff more, but I can mess around with my mom much more than my dad,

For ex. when I had my system I wouldn't play it in front of my dad cuz then he would think I'm trying to "show-off" & be "cocky". But I always do it when my mom around just to see her give me that " This kid is outta control" head-nod :8) .

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

Posted
You can definitely buy the products without getting permission from your parents but with them buying you a vehicle, I'd get permission to actually install them. You will be pulling sum pieces apart from a vehicle that they did buy you and I wouldn't go behind their back to install more products.

Yea I guess I shoulda reworded my statement, my parents know I like rims, trucks, sound systems, etc. so they kinda expect me to ask and buy things like that. But when I bought my Pioneer HU (A few months after I got my truck) they didn't really mind as long as it wasn't flashy. Because the main thing my parents are worried about is other people stealing my stuff/truck.

tech2332.png

My Official Feedback Thread

PSN - tech2332

Games for PS3: Killzone 2, BattleField: Bad Company 2! Add me to play either!

Posted
Hearing loss lol i told them that i would have a switch so i can turn on just 2 at a time or all 4 but that didnt work

lol i do this to my parents all the time, im 22 so its a little diff and i do what i want but still live at house for now since im in school.

tell them that low frequency sounds do not have the same impact as a high frequency sound on your ears. subwoofer pump out 10hz-50hz so my ears are not really being hurt as much as you listening to your ipod really loud in your ears. you can then say, well you lose your high frequences first with your hearing anyway so what does it matter.

lmao you just got to get creative man, you can even say that 4 would be the same in loudness then the 2. you are just adjusting to the extra cab space to help fill the car with even bass. im sure u can think of something

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

Posted

storys like this always amuse me, if you live in thier home and they are buying it, your pretty much assed out...if you dont like it get your own place buy your own car and then you dont have to worry about them getting mad about extra equipment.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4441 Guests (See full list)

    • There are no registered users currently online
×
×
  • Create New...