Sonic Electronix

Well I put the deck in the Cavalier today...everything is wired up...but it sounds like shit..

i dont even know where to begin setting my highend amps.....where is a good starting point... :blink:

as far as the crossovers and such go...............

this sux........ave forgotten so much stuff over the last few years...since Ive been focusing more on fabrication projects...

my sub amps need to be level matched....and I dont even remember how the fuck to do that.........

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

Well all that is just totally typical, but I suppose you could start with setting the gains to match the levels:

http://www.subwoofertools.com/forum/setgain.asp

Then fine tune it to your liking using the crossovers after they are set properly. Anyone else have some ideas on this?

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

Well all that is just totally typical, but I suppose you could start with setting the gains to match the levels:

Then fine tune it to your liking using the crossovers after they are set properly. Anyone else have some ideas on this?

thanks chris..

Now my next question...I might as well continue learning here........... :)

This is the cheapo miltimeter i have...(it was given to me) and guess what... :huh: Ive Never even learned how to use it..

pACE-997943dt.jpg

where should the settings be....to set my amp gain voltage..

also where would I set it,,,to check voltage in general...

Edited by groundpounder2k2

My MainMan,My lil Man,Dude,Bubb....My son Memphis @ 3years OldShow'em that car son..........

Though I am not a huge fan of JL Audio, they have a pretty cool tutorial located at:

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=143

As far as the multimeter goes, you'll want to set it to dc volts in which is in the uppler left hand side of the meter. The numbers that you see on the dial are the maximum that it will read, so I'd set it to 200.

Kev

2k6 Dodge Ram 2500...CUMMINS POWERED - SOLD

Though I am not a huge fan of JL Audio, they have a pretty cool tutorial located at:

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=143

As far as the multimeter goes, you'll want to set it to dc volts in which is in the uppler left hand side of the meter. The numbers that you see on the dial are the maximum that it will read, so I'd set it to 200.

Kev

so are the probes supposed to be plugge in the same location...on the meter...as they are in the pic.. and not in the 10A DC location..

i fucking give up............i level matched the sub amps...according to what that says...level matched the highend amps....

it just sounds like dirt.....subs are hella loud...and clean...but the volume has to be up so high,,,that the highs are screamin for help....this tuning shit is for the birds ......

I assume your using splitters or Y's to go to all those amps???

Start by turning all of the input level adjustment knobs (gain controls) on your components fully counter-clockwise (to their minimum setting). Set the tone controls (bass, treble, loudness) on your head unit to no boost (bass and treble level = 0 and loudness is off). Make sure your fader and balance controls are set to the middle position. If you have more than one RCA pair you will want to set each gain adjustment separately.

Next set all of your equalizers settings (if you have an equalizer) to the center (detent) position so they produce no boost or cut. What we want is as pure a signal as possible.

Put in some good quality source material, preferably a CD with strong output and a clean recording. Hard rock would be a bad choice here. Try something cleaner, maybe acoustic, that you're familiar with.

Turn the deck's volume up slowly until you begin to hear distortion. When you hear it, stop and back off slightly until you no longer hear it. If you don't hear distortion, even when the volume is all of the way up then you have a quality head unit. That's what we're looking for.

Now with your head unit at maximum undistorted volume move on to the next component. Adjust it's input gain until you begin to hear distortion. Back off slightly.

Continue this process until you have all of the components in the chain at their maximum undistorted level.

When you reach the amplifiers you may need to wear earplugs to adjust them to their maximum level. As before, turn up the gain until you hear audible distortion.

Hope that helps G.P.

Edited by roscoe1129

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg

Oh yeah for your crossovers on the mids amps either leve them on full pass or set them just slightly lower than what the memphis speakers crossovers kick in like if the mid and high crossovers are 120hz set your amp at 120 or slightly lower or just keep it on full, thats usually what i do when using componants....let the crossover that came with them do the work...

Some people need a sympathetic pat... on the head...with my hammer

Scientia est Vox

"In Nomine Patris et Filii et Spiritus Sancti"clover.gif

DONT BE AFRAID TO USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!!

SMD SUPER BUYER/SELLER

Roscoe.jpg