CaptainzPlanetz Posted November 27, 2009 Report Posted November 27, 2009 Well I have been shopping around for components for a bit now, and am now in a bind, I have been looking for a set of 6 1/2 components and have found two sets I liked on is this one from Rainbow http://www.woofersetc.com/p7049/SLC-26525-...nent-System.htm The other is this set from Image Dynamics http://www.woofersetc.com/p7174/CXS64-V2--...nent-System.htm They are both around the same price, so if it was you which set would you get? And if you have anyother suggestions in the 300-370 price range feel free to post em. ¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ Trolls never learn............ All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls. YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS? Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.
LoudBlazer Posted November 27, 2009 Report Posted November 27, 2009 Image Dynamics! Rainbow equals the fruityness lol. I always wanted the ID Max 12s! 1997 2 Door Blazer Bagged & Body Dropped SBC/TH350
ALPINE408 Posted November 27, 2009 Report Posted November 27, 2009 Image Dynamics i have an older set in my honda 6 1/2 components and i LOVE them very clean and can SCREAM if you need them to \ i dunno about rainbow tho!!! Have you ever had your woofers blown?
Team-Atomic-Andrew Posted November 27, 2009 Report Posted November 27, 2009 Image Dynamics i have an older set in my honda 6 1/2 components and i LOVE them very clean and can SCREAM if you need them to \i dunno about rainbow tho!!! ID but dont order from woofer etc, if you notice they remove the serials, therefore you get no warranty
AI James Posted November 27, 2009 Report Posted November 27, 2009 Ainbow. Ive had both sets and prefer the rainbows for clarity and overall sound dynamics. Both companies make nice stuff but rainbow imo is above id all day in this case and in most others as well.
raytard Posted November 27, 2009 Report Posted November 27, 2009 I've heard nothing but good things about rainbow, and any car i've heard with it has been fantastic sq wise. I'm really tempted to try out their 3 ways in my next project. Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now) Team DC
Nic Posted November 28, 2009 Report Posted November 28, 2009 ID are nice.... but i would take the rainbows.... much better sound IMO Full eclipse system is next on list.. soon to gut and redo the honda as new project/rolling buissness card i miss the sound of those old school strokers on beast amps
Neel Posted November 28, 2009 Report Posted November 28, 2009 ID but dont order from woofer etc, if you notice they remove the serials, therefore you get no warranty umm no... woofers etc. is an authorized dealer, and the guys over at Image have no problem authorizing warranty repairs if purchased from them. Believe me, I talked to the guys over at ID a few times before I picked up my pair of IDQ15v2s because they don't make them anymore and couldn't get them from any local dealer and was basically forced to buy online. I would most definitely recommend those components, they are probably the best speakers I have heard in that price range when installed correctly. Its got a great bottom end and the fact that you can coax mount the tweeter is sweet! More bang for the buck with ID then rainbow IMO. Too Much Stuff to list .
Nirvalica Posted November 28, 2009 Report Posted November 28, 2009 I was impressed with my ID comps. Haven't heard Rainbow comps, but I can vouch for ID. My Youtube Page. Check it out The "SAV" - Sub-aural Assault Vehicle Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X993 Image Dynamics CTX 6.5" Components Q-logic 6.5" kick pods CDT 6.5" CL-E6NEO Front door Midbass Kicker ZX350.4 Knukonceptz SS Karma 4 channel 6m RCA Fi Q 18" w/ brushed aluminum dust cap 7cu ft. ported box tuned to 28hz Sundown SAZ-1000D Iraggi 240 amp Amputator Alt Big 3 in Monster 1/0awg Second Skin Damplifier Lite on roof and front doors
skittlesRgood Posted November 28, 2009 Report Posted November 28, 2009 ive been looking at the same 2 sets. i know ID make great SQ speakers but ive never heard their comps or anything from rainbow. anyone know if one of these is more laid back on the highs than the other? is one set bright? If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood. Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s. http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/ Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.