Sonic Electronix

Alright so I'm getting an AQ1200d to push a 15" Fi BL. I'm wondering if I'm gonna need to do the big 3 or if my stock system can handle it. The reason I ask is because my parents don't trust me underneath the hood, and the shops around here have no idea what that is. I'm driving a 2007 Chevy Tahoe. Thanks

Edited by RedJay

2007 Black Tahoe

AudioQue HDC3 15"

AQ 1200d

Alright so I'm getting an AQ1200d to push a 15" Fi BL. I'm wondering if I'm gonna need to do the big 3 or if my stock system can handle it. The reason I ask is because my parents don't trust me underneath the hood, and the shops around here have no idea what that is. I'm driving a 2007 Chevy Tahoe. Thanks

You'll definately need the big 3, If your parents dont trust you, i would recommend explaining to the shops what it is. You would probably have to supply them with the cable and terminals. But that'd be your best bet.

under construction

I hate People with crappy primered cars rolling on hubcaps that are louder then me.

u hate c-fizzy?

I like that. you have a $40,000 truck, but you are young enough to not be trusted under the hood by your parents. Ballin.

That's what I was thinking :P. But yeah Big 3 will be needed. And if they don't trust you, explain to them what it is, what it does, and exactly how to do it, and to be out near your truck when you do it, or get them to help, idk. Big 3 isn't hard to do either, just can be time consuming.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

I like that. you have a $40,000 truck, but you are young enough to not be trusted under the hood by your parents. Ballin.

Yeah man i definitely drive one of the nicest trucks in highschool. And once I get this system installed its gonna be even nicer. Alright, I'll try it myself, and if I don't succeed, I'll find a shop that does know or explain it to them. So all i need is 0 gauge wire and terminals? What exactly is the terminal? It goes on the battery so that it can fit 0 gauge wire right?

2007 Black Tahoe

AudioQue HDC3 15"

AQ 1200d

Yeah man i definitely drive one of the nicest trucks in highschool. And once I get this system installed its gonna be even nicer. Alright, I'll try it myself, and if I don't succeed, I'll find a shop that does know or explain it to them. So all i need is 0 gauge wire and terminals? What exactly is the terminal? It goes on the battery so that it can fit 0 gauge wire right?

-Measure how much wire you'll need, (do either 0gauge or 1/0). Also remember, you need + off battery to + on alt, then - from battery to frame, then from frame to engine block.

-Ring Terminals that you're wire will fit in (depending on which size wire you use). These are what you put onto the wire, and use to connect the wire to the bolts.

-You're thinking of battery post, you may need new battery post to put the wire on, I just used battery post off of heavy duty equipment.

-You can either fuse the positive wire, some people will tell you to, some people will tell you it's not needed, I do it. If you do it make sure you match the right amp size fuse with the wire.

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

-Measure how much wire you'll need, (do either 0gauge or 1/0). Also remember, you need + off battery to + on alt, then - from battery to frame, then from frame to engine block.

you mean - battery to engine block ground

DC Sound Lab & Rockford Fosgate FTMFW

you could turn it into quarters and put it in a pool. no one suspects a person of doin drugs with a pool full of quarters

Between his box and gangsta lean, You gotta be a legless midget to sit back there

Do it but i have 1 question why dont ur parents trust you under the hood lol

Probably because they do care about what he doing. Working under the hood can be dangerous if don't know what you doing.