Second Skin Audio

My Tahoe Feels NEW! Thanks 2 Second Skin!!

mines not quite dumped, but its true duals and no cat's so mine was decently loud too...i NEVER would have thought doing the floor would be that much of a difference but damn was i wrong

My F-150 Build

GET ON THE BANDWAGON

loganberry44.gif

DSC01482-1-1.jpg

what if they tried messing with the amps when the subs werent louder :ehh: hahah jk :pardon:

funny part is, the side effect was supposed to be the road noise but it worked so good, its the other way around. Its like ya, no more road noise and on top of that, the system sounds better LOL!

good $tuff!!!!!

The MLV (Luxury Liner by SS) is much more suited for tackling road noise than laying the CLD on the floor. A barrier(the MLV), works more effectively at reducing road noise due to the barrier being able to filter high frequencies more efficiently compared the CLD or just foam. If you get a chance add the Luxury Liner(or the pro) if you can. The closed cell foam is to decouple the barrier since you cant possibly have a real "air gap" in a vehicle. But make sure you use the foil tape on the edges, the sound will leak out if you dont! Which makes all the work you did less than optimal. Before you know it the vehicle will be even more quiet, and you feel like youre riding in a Maybach.

But I agree the best thing you did was invest in good tires, most annoying road noise comes from shitty tires(such as the BFGood KDW2's) !

In summary for everyone else, use the right tool for the job, laying a bunch of CLD helps for structural borne noise, even then results come with diminishing returns, more is not better! Dont waste time by laying full coverage of CLD on the floor to stop all vibration, that's not what its meant for, its just to stop the panel from making noise.

Team Stereo Clarity

Hm, might just do the trunk with this. I want to get dual exhaust and want to be able to hear it inside hahaha.

RE SE 12" subs (2) in prefab dual ported box (custom box coming soon)

Hifonics bxi610 mono 600 watt amp

Stock HU

Mach RCU

Apline 5 x 7 S Type Speakers (2) (1 blown)

Stock rear speakers (2)

Pyramid Tweeters (2)

Steve, did you use Luxury liner too or just DP?

nope didnt realize that was available at the time i ordered....but what i did still made a BIG difference.

After reading some of the posts here, I ordered up a few pieces of the LL to put on my floor over the stuff i already put down. Should help even more :)

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

nope didnt realize that was available at the time i ordered....but what i did still made a BIG difference.

After reading some of the posts here, I ordered up a few pieces of the LL to put on my floor over the stuff i already put down. Should help even more :)

i thought about getting some of that also,but its pretty thick(yee has some) and with 2 layers on the floor it was hard to get the carpet to fit,and also my fiberglass kicks and front doors catch hell trying to shut (because they were glassed/built wiith no deadner on the floor or behind them) and now when you put 2 layers on the floor and 2-3 in/behind your doors kicks it changes stuff up a bit and makes them hard to put back in place.So if your gona glass i would recomend you doing it after you install the deadner

We're gonna need a review of before LL and after ;) I have no deadener or anything on my floor and am considering getting some LL to throw down there

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

We're gonna need a review of before LL and after ;) I have no deadener or anything on my floor and am considering getting some LL to throw down there

The Luxury Liner has been reviewed by many, and has proven to be promising! The only downside with the luxury liner is the decoupler foam(the ensolite material) is attached to the Vinyl, this makes it quite difficult to lay down in tight spots where you need more flexibility. If you already have the ensolite to spare then you can buy just the Vinyl barrier from another company, such as FoamFactory or SDS; You'll save money that way, The LL is the way to go for an all in one solution. The Vinyl is heavy, its about 1lb per sq foot. So if you are worried about weight then sorry you cannot have this level of noise control without it.

Team Stereo Clarity