Sonic Electronix

if you only got 460 dollars to spend but want to get louder save up more money cause thats what it is goin to take just get a ported box for now made for your subs and you will find a whole new listening experience it will make a big difference I drive a 300c set up in my picture and sig havent metered it yet figure its good for a 140 sealed on the dash

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

subs forward and sealed from the trunk is loudest in a sedon usually

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=48050 is thor's build

but if you wanna be doing 150 legal out the trunk, expect to dump close to 10 g's when its all said and done and spend a lot of time tweaking the box and such. 460 doesnt even cover the wiring in my car....

Build: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...hl=avalon+build

monster/rockford/kicker/stinger cables, pioneer source, jbl highs/amps, kinetik/shuriken batts, iraggi alt, dei security, dc subs(atleast for now)

Team DC

3 dc xl18's, 4500rms, sub forward port up half wall at 30hz, does an easy 148.5 on music, and stays within a db from 25-40 hz

i dont suggest walling your DD though, im regretting it. lok at thorshammer's build, he does easy 151+ with 2 10's in the trunk

Thor's setup isn't exactly your regular trunk setup by any means... He runs multiple batts, HO alt, multiple power/ground runs, and oh yeah a Stetsom 14k2d + 2 DC LVL5 10s.

He does 150s with tens? I gota see this! And i wud like 150 or more...lol i know its soooo hard to get those numbers but im committed. my goal is 150 no less.

Yes he has done over a 150 in a trunk car w/ 2 10s and a shit load of power. Also if u are thinking that $460 is a lot of money, then this hobby might not be the best one to get into. Thor's setup prolli has at least 5 grand into it in products alone, not counting the countless hours that he's put into his ride. He's done a ton of testing, building, and rebuilding with his current setup.

But in my 06 Sonata I had - 18" DC LVL4xl D1, AB VFL200.1 @ .5ohm, Ohio Gen alt, Kinetik 1400 + (2) 2400s, a bunch of 1/0 wire, and a ton os SS Damp Pro. Box was 5.5ft3 @ 34hz w/ 75in^2 of port, sub up + ports facing to the rear. It did a 147.8 @ dash, TL sealed up @ 41hz + 144.9 bassrace.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

NO i know it takes alot of money im just wanting to get somthing that i wont get sick of..I am expecting to put in a 250A alt., 0 gauge power,0gauge ground, big three under the hood. Im really good at making boxes. So i will be making my own. and the reason people get like 8k in a system is because they buy like 4 15s and 4 18s...I would like to maximize my 1 or 2 subs that i purchase. I'm prolly guna drop about 3k on this system.. at the end.. Like i said i am trying to plan for this summer. Would 4 jl w3 v2 12" hit a good 145-150? Keep the ideas comming! Thanks for all the help guys

NO i know it takes alot of money im just wanting to get somthing that i wont get sick of..I am expecting to put in a 250A alt., 0 gauge power,0gauge ground, big three under the hood. Im really good at making boxes. So i will be making my own. and the reason people get like 8k in a system is because they buy like 4 15s and 4 18s...I would like to maximize my 1 or 2 subs that i purchase. I'm prolly guna drop about 3k on this system.. at the end.. Like i said i am trying to plan for this summer. Would 4 jl w3 v2 12" hit a good 145-150? Keep the ideas comming! Thanks for all the help guys

It's kinda impossible to tell you what equipment in your car will hit a certain number. I would look into new subs, something from Sundown, Fi, AA, ***, IA, DC, T3 or AQ would all be good companies to buy subs from IMO. For now i would build a ported box for the subs you have right now, since you don't have much money now and you said you're good at building boxes.

It's impossible to know ahead of time or even make an educated guess.. Plus 150db is a good amount louder than 145 is, so that range even though it's "only" 5db is pretty deceiving. If you're trying to put up numbers in a daily setup, then W3s sure as hell aren't the best choice. What vehicle is this going in??

i dont think you can hit 150+ on your budget. those numbers are generally 4k + watts bare minimum. not always but generally.

The OP said he's gonna spend about 3 grand on the setup and with that much invested, it would be pretty sad not to be able to do a 150 with the product that is available these days.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

The OP said he's gonna spend about 3 grand on the setup and with that much invested, it would be pretty sad not to be able to do a 150 with the product that is available these days.

Where did he say that? all i saw was 460 seemed a bit much on 1 sub, and i dont see him doing 150+ if hes not droppin more than that on the subs, at least not in a daily set up.

lance2.png

Cadillac Seville's get loud IMO...I'm running two W3's off 500rms in a JL Dual HO Box and it gets the job done...I'm not super loud but compared to my 91 caprice this car gets a lot louder...you would probably want to look at a deville or 96 Impala SS since they have big trunks

Edited by wonderbreadSTS

2015 Mazda 6

JVF Customz 4.0 Proto 15>Wolfram W4500 @ .5ohm

2 Sundown Neo 6.5 + 2 CT Meso Tweeters (Front) x Kicker KS6.5 (Rear)>JL Audio VX400/4i

NSB-AMG35 (front) / 40ah Lithium Headway (Rear) built by Erni Audio & Electrical

info in sig

but ive got a 02 grand am SE.. vids in sig

as for numbers, not sure.. havnt been around a TL or anything..

Team Sundown Audio

**CURRENT** -- 2012 Scion tC Build Click Here

**OLD** -- 2002 Pontiac Grand AM Build Click Here
check them out, slap me a comment

2002 Pontiac Grand AM SE 2.2l 4 cylinder ecotec.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Head Unit - Alpine CDA-9887
Subs - 2x Z 12 v.2s - v.3 + NS Soft parts
Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAZ-3500D
Enclosure - 3.33 Cubes tuned to 34.66hz
Front Stage - JBL P660c 6.5" Components
Rear Deck - Powerbass 4xl 6.5" Mid-Range
Front Stage Amplifier - Sundown Audio SAX-100.4D
Wires - Kicker Hyperflex 1/0, KnuKonceptz 1/0, Knu 4 and 8 Gauge, Kicker RCAs
Electrical - 275 AMP DC Power H/O Alternator, XS Power S3400, XS Power D2700
Videos - http://www.youtube.com/user/BeAILsTaR13
-------------------------------------------------------------------