Cobalt 2 12" Brutus's 4th order BP

so i did some port mods and stuff and it sounds GREAT but not very impressed by the number its putting up. it managed to only pull a 140.4 at 40hz. i put the meter in the box and it did a 156 at 40hz and a 158.1 at 69hz.

didnt take any pics but we foamed around the box and some minor spots in the back deck.

o well its a good thing this is just a daily driver so at least it sounds good. it does a 139+ from 38hz to 48hz so it sounds good on about everything. but the subs are barely moving :(

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

when can we see vids :] i was thinking of buying some of these

24pm3xe.jpg

im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire.

Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block....

1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr.

Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt.

Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos.

Pioneer 6000ub Reciever

NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon.

MSG Me for a free enclosure design!!

Flared port kits coming soon!!

here is what the box will end up looking like

2124thorder.jpg

I like how that looks, I'd love to get a 4th order in my Monte but I was told my trunk isn't large enough. But I've seen how big those Cobalt trunks are and I think mine is bigger so if you can get one in yours there should be no problem with me getting one in mine.

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

welp almost done just need to fill some screw holes in and coat the inside of the port with bedliner and it will be complete. i will take some vids of it when we get it complete. threw something in the port today and wow i was impressed by how much air it does move.

PIC-0409.jpg

smd-banner_zpsu2ojqise.png

That is tight! It uses your whole trunk, but it is wicked clean on the inside. ...and- you don't have something everyone else has. ...on a side note- I have never understood people with trunks who fire the subs to the back and then seal off the trunk. How is that loud? Unless they make it an Infinite Baffle type thing.....

Very cool build!

12 - 12"s in the STAY PUFT 1989 Chevy Astro

Build & Comment Log

Un-Interrupted Build Log
YouTube Channel

Chevy Trailblazer 5.1 Dolby Digital DTS Install

You have a beard of a mysterious sea captain. I would follow you to hell and back.

Archived