Cobalt 2 12" Brutus's 4th order BP

That is tight! It uses your whole trunk, but it is wicked clean on the inside. ...and- you don't have something everyone else has. ...on a side note- I have never understood people with trunks who fire the subs to the back and then seal off the trunk. How is that loud? Unless they make it an Infinite Baffle type thing.....

Very cool build!

You mean firing thru the back seat? They seal it off cause if you don't you'll have major cancellation. There are quite a few trunk cars on here who have that setup, Brian Nyman is the first one that comes to mind and he's hit a 149.5db with his 2 12's in a setup like that. That's not loud?

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

You mean firing thru the back seat? They seal it off cause if you don't you'll have major cancellation. There are quite a few trunk cars on here who have that setup, Brian Nyman is the first one that comes to mind and he's hit a 149.5db with his 2 12's in a setup like that. That's not loud?

No he means the exact opposite...

Vehicle: 1997 S10 Blazer 4dr 4X4

Exterior: Rear End Bagged, Black Grill, Lifted 2"

Amplifiers: Rockford Fosgate T8004 & T10001bd

Batteries: 2 Stinger SPV35, Kinetik HC2400

Electrical: Big 3, DC Power 290amp Alternator w/ MLA at 15.5v

Enclosure: 4.2 ft³ @ 33Hz 84sq.in. of port (20sq.in. per cube)

Headunit: Eclipse CD3200 w/ 80G iPod

Mids/Highs: Rockford T152s (a-pillars), Rockford T162s (doors)

Subwoofers: 1 15" Fi BL Fully Loaded

Wire: All 1/0g Kicker Hyperflex

My YouTube Videos

My Fiberglass A-Pillar Build

My "Seamless" Looking Box Build

My DD1508 T-Line Bandpass Build "Seamless" w/ Acrylic Windows (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Stealth 8" Fiberglass Build (for '05 TrailBlazer)

My Build For A Friend's '08 Cobalt 15" BL Sealed Off From The Trunk

My feedback/references...

i love how everyone has a 4rth order now adays :)

whats the port tuned to?

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

No he means the exact opposite...
I've never seen someone with subs firing to the rear with the box sealed off, unless he is talking about a false wall. In that case, I agree 100%. I was tossing around ideas about my next trunk setup and I liked the idea of subs/port back w/false wall but I wondered how the bass would get into the cabin too so I figured if I did it like that I'd probably do a cutout of some type on the wall to allow the bass to get through. But even if the box was ported thru the deck or back seat, I'd imagine the false wall would have a negative effect on the output since the front wave wouldn't be allowed to interact with the rear wave from the sub(s).

Alpine CDA-117...Memphis 16-X03

CDT Audio SQA-4100...SEAS Prestige H1396...Crescendo MP-6

Soundstream Rubicon 1.2500d...Digital Designs 3512f

hey lade are u gonna post this up on splbassx? there hasnt been much going on there but its picking up

an hows this fail?? its my vehicle an preference

lol :01nocomment8so: you can do what you want but if you want :hairtrick: then 4 12s isnt the way to go... check out the box in y car sorta similar to lade's

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

Theses subs are amazing I have one in a 3 cube box in my single cab truck ( barley fits in lol) and its loud as hell everyone at school is amazed its only one 12.

1997 Chevy Cheyenne Single Cab

Pioneer DEH-3200UB

Two sets of Orion 6.5" Components In Each Door

AudioQue HDC3 15"

^^^ Its all For Sale!!!!! http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/99546-lots-to-sale-good-prices/ ^^^ AQ2200D

Wow, such a flexy beast(see what i did there lol)

Archived