Sonic Electronix

In a heart beat. Sorry, but a CVX isn't going to sound any better than a Solo X unless the box is a POS. Once you hear one kicker, you've heard them all. Atleast the Solo X will be louder and repairable if it blows. CVX was the most useless sub I've ever installed. Sounded like an L7 but with less cone area. I loved my X though. Cone area is really close, but I'd still do the X.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

i totally beg to differ on the solo x sounding the same as every other kicker sub

the thing about solo x youll probably sometime in its life NEED to recone it, where properly installed the cvx should last for good.

i totally beg to differ on the solo x sounding the same as every other kicker sub

the thing about solo x youll probably sometime in its life NEED to recone it, where properly installed the cvx should last for good.

Hmm... mine lasted two years. A year of that was with 3500W daily, coil was perfect. I'm just saying the sound of ANY kicker isn't very impressive. And I've seen and played with a lot them. No such thing as a kicker sub lasting for good unless underpowered and unclipped. I would never bet my life on a CVX, kicker= shitty build houses and unpredictable reliability. I like kicker, but the X would walk all over the CVX. But I'm also in love with 18"s.

It's all gone!

The Celica Build

Feedback

If I buy something from you, DO NOT USE FEDEX!

Hmm... mine lasted two years. A year of that was with 3500W daily, coil was perfect. I'm just saying the sound of ANY kicker isn't very impressive. And I've seen and played with a lot them. No such thing as a kicker sub lasting for good unless underpowered and unclipped. I would never bet my life on a CVX, kicker= shitty build houses and unpredictable reliability. I like kicker, but the X would walk all over the CVX. But I'm also in love with 18"s.

lol totally agree with you there...i just found the solo x to be horrible sounding where the cvx was tolerable...ive had ALOT ALOT of 18s and the solo x was byfar the worse sounding even then a RE MT

I would do that trade. Probably because I'm more of a fan of spl and loud bass in general. I haven't ever heard either of these subs in a sq install, but have heard both of them in spl installs. One was Carlton Price's Ranger with 6 of the 12's. It did sound pretty good, but I have to agree with James and CC that the Kicker subs don't have a lick of sq to offer. The setup I heard the X 18's in was Steve Mick's Astro van. Not really any sq at 160db on music, but I was still impressed with the bass output. I really think once you get over 145db sq goes out the window anyway unless you have a super clean amp that can make tons of power with almost no thd. Something like maybe the Rockford T15K on a bunch of LMS Ultra's could possibly have sq at 150+db, but that's not in most people's reach for a setup.

2013 VW Jetta GLI 2.0 Turbo

1 Sundown Audio SCV2000

1 Sundown Audio X15 V2

1 XS Power D3100

Audio Control LC6i

Stock Deck

146.4 sealed on the dash at 37hz

2001 Focus ZX3: RETIRED

Team Sundown Audio, Team XS Power, 2 time NSPL Car 3601-Up Champion, 2 time NSPL Car Hardcore Champion
Highest NSPL Scores to date:
154.3db on the dash sealed at 46hz, 156.2db in the kick at 46hz
155.2db unofficial on dash at 43hz

I would do that trade. Probably because I'm more of a fan of spl and loud bass in general. I haven't ever heard either of these subs in a sq install, but have heard both of them in spl installs. One was Carlton Price's Ranger with 6 of the 12's. It did sound pretty good, but I have to agree with James and CC that the Kicker subs don't have a lick of sq to offer. The setup I heard the X 18's in was Steve Mick's Astro van. Not really any sq at 160db on music, but I was still impressed with the bass output. I really think once you get over 145db sq goes out the window anyway unless you have a super clean amp that can make tons of power with almost no thd. Something like maybe the Rockford T15K on a bunch of LMS Ultra's could possibly have sq at 150+db, but that's not in most people's reach for a setup.

/

Thanks nightshade, i appreciate your input.. i was thinking about upgrading my amp to an orion 5000 with christmas money; any comment on that?

'06 Mustang GT 5spd

Sundown X10

Sundown SAE 1500.1

Optima Yellow Top D31

Pioneer 7' 

lol totally agree with you there...i just found the solo x to be horrible sounding where the cvx was tolerable...ive had ALOT ALOT of 18s and the solo x was byfar the worse sounding even then a RE MT

x2 on the SQ of Solo-X 18s... The only worse sub I've ever tested of any size was an MTX RFL.

/

Thanks nightshade, i appreciate your input.. i was thinking about upgrading my amp to an orion 5000 with christmas money; any comment on that?

Honestly why not just get another ZX2500.1?? They are great amps, rock solid build quality, and will do rated power plus a little more.

Comparing the 2 CVX 15s to a Solo-X 18, I'd run the CVXs over the X daily. If you were trying to build a burp only setup then I'd run the X before the CVXs.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

keep your amp now the kicker ones a lil better quality imo and will give you around the same amound of power for the subs id do the 2 15s the x are an spl sub the cvx will deff sopund better ive heard both in some sq set ups and i didnt like the x at all its to much of an spl sub imo

edit x2 ^ thats basicly what i was trying to say he just said it better

Edited by fischy fisch
lol. but i haven't and i don't plan on it. plus i'd probably miss and hit her belly button or her ear or something. lol.