tejcurrent Posted December 8, 2009 Report Posted December 8, 2009 No offense but I don't think your life is bull shit. I'm 23 and still trying to pay for my college (attending at night) while supporting a stay at home wife and children. I payed for my wife to go to college and get a degree just for her to get pregnant before finding a good job. My dad died 2 years ago (today is his birthday- ho-fucking-ray) and I miss his advice. Hypocritical or not my fathers advice and discussions were the best advice I ever got. I miss his bitching, nagging, and reminders to save up. My parents told me not to waste a few hundred on car audio, then would spend 10+ grand on oriental rugs. Parents rarely enjoy the same things as their kids, how often do you try to do something your dad enjoys? By the time I figured out what to do to get my dad engaged in things with me it was too late, maybe while you're upset he's judging you, you are also judging him? I'm sorry things didn't work out with motocross, but many people have their dreams crushed. There is bound to be something else you can do for a living that will still make you happy, even if it wasn't what you originally planned. Shit sucks, your life doesn't. Good luck. tejcurrent XS Power T3
FiBTLforlife Posted December 8, 2009 Author Report Posted December 8, 2009 No offense but I don't think your life is bull shit. I'm 23 and still trying to pay for my college (attending at night) while supporting a stay at home wife and children. I payed for my wife to go to college and get a degree just for her to get pregnant before finding a good job.My dad died 2 years ago (today is his birthday- ho-fucking-ray) and I miss his advice. Hypocritical or not my fathers advice and discussions were the best advice I ever got. I miss his bitching, nagging, and reminders to save up. My parents told me not to waste a few hundred on car audio, then would spend 10+ grand on oriental rugs. Parents rarely enjoy the same things as their kids, how often do you try to do something your dad enjoys? By the time I figured out what to do to get my dad engaged in things with me it was too late, maybe while you're upset he's judging you, you are also judging him? I'm sorry things didn't work out with motocross, but many people have their dreams crushed. There is bound to be something else you can do for a living that will still make you happy, even if it wasn't what you originally planned. Shit sucks, your life doesn't. Good luck. sorry for your loss man. I'm not saying i hate my dad but there is just things that i feel like i dont want to share on the forum. Yes, ive tried to do things with my dad but things never seem to work out. Yes we use to do motocross together and that is what we enjoyed doing but that is all over now, and if i go ride with him anytime now all he tells me is its a waste of time to be out there and a waste of money to go ride bc i cant ride like i use to. I'm complaining about the things i cant controle, not the things that i have done in my life. I cant control mental games that are played on me ever day, i cant control what he says to me, i cant control the fact that my sister is a complete snob infront of my fience and my parents think she is doing nothing wrong, i cant control the fact that it seems nothing i do is good enough for them. I cant control those things, but if i got my fience pregnant that's a choice i would make, that has nothing to do with what im talking about though ( not being harsh man, just saying) 2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs 1 3500d AQ amp 146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars
tejcurrent Posted December 8, 2009 Report Posted December 8, 2009 I understand. My dad would have joined MENSA if he didn't think they were just out for his money. He was extremely smart and would play mind games like crazy just for his own amusement. It helped me to come back with really honest sounding but deeply offensive comebacks. My dad once asked me if I was gay, trying to be as serious as possible to get under my skin. I in turn told him I wouldn't satisfy his incestuous needs, if that's what he was asking. I guess what I'm saying is if he messes with you mess back in any way that wont seem like flat out disrespect. It's hard to satisfy others- just do what makes you happy. You'll find out you aren't always in control where you think you are once you're married tejcurrent XS Power T3
FiBTLforlife Posted December 8, 2009 Author Report Posted December 8, 2009 I understand. My dad would have joined MENSA if he didn't think they were just out for his money. He was extremely smart and would play mind games like crazy just for his own amusement. It helped me to come back with really honest sounding but deeply offensive comebacks. My dad once asked me if I was gay, trying to be as serious as possible to get under my skin. I in turn told him I wouldn't satisfy his incestuous needs, if that's what he was asking. I guess what I'm saying is if he messes with you mess back in any way that wont seem like flat out disrespect. It's hard to satisfy others- just do what makes you happy. You'll find out you aren't always in control where you think you are once you're married i feel you man, yeah i actually do that same thing you are talking about now and he said ok michael. its funny you i did the same thing. and the marriage things reminds me of a funny FML topic i read about a guy sleeping with a girl and she then wrapped her legs around him and screamed "be my babies daddy" he then ended by saying, he didnt get out in time. lmao, take care man and thanks for your imput 2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs 1 3500d AQ amp 146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars
qu1cks1lver56 Posted December 8, 2009 Report Posted December 8, 2009 maybe you should talk to him about it? i know its hard to do that shit, but sometimes the best thing you could do with family trouble like that is talk to them about it. First Gen Xterra: Always changing DNX 690HD RF 360.3RF T3002RF T4004RF T10001bdSilver Flute 6.5"s Tang Band 1" TweetersSundown X18 in 7cubes net tuned to 32hz Trust me .25 Blows your Load.
FiBTLforlife Posted December 8, 2009 Author Report Posted December 8, 2009 maybe you should talk to him about it? i know its hard to do that shit, but sometimes the best thing you could do with family trouble like that is talk to them about it. yeah that sounds good and all, but you got to remember im the one that fcked up in the fam and is just not acting like myself lately. all because i tell them that my sis needs to work for her own stuff and that spending $300 on a raindeer outfit for a parade one time out of the year is kinda stupid and a wast of money when she can be fixing her car. lmao, no matter what i ever say, they turn it around on me all the time. i need a layer to convince them otherwise lmfao 2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs 1 3500d AQ amp 146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars
BanginOnABudget Posted December 8, 2009 Report Posted December 8, 2009 maybe its me, but i think a good father son brawl would be good..... im taking out my passenger seat, battery is disconnected, going to unwire and take out the three amps, take out the 70+ lb box, then the platform so i can crimp 1 wire. Almost as bad as those fegs that put those horns in their grills and roll down the street distorting the block.... 1990 Jeep Cherokee 2 Dr. Big-3 in 0g on Stock Alt. Pioneer 6.5" and 5.25"s temp. until i can afford the new crescendos. Pioneer 6000ub Reciever NO amps at the moment. SA-15 on 1kw coming soon. MSG Me for a free enclosure design!! Flared port kits coming soon!!
jbondox Posted December 8, 2009 Report Posted December 8, 2009 I am going to comment as I have a 17 year old finishing up high school... I am pretty laid back but damn... he will never act like this I am reading all this thread and am like... how the hell do these people say this If he is having a hard time... he mans up and figures a way to get through it without whining or complaining about it. you live at home, and have a fiance? What kind of life is that for her? I don't get the times I guess, but I will tell ya that my 8 and 9 year old's seem to "man up" more... If I ever tried acting like this as a kid... wayyyyyyyyy back in the day, I'd get my arse beat and ridiculed by my mommy, but you are an adult... which has me really confused... SMD SuperSeller VerifiedJbondoXJames Shields
abervintageman42 Posted December 8, 2009 Report Posted December 8, 2009 my dad plays those exact fuckin games man, i know how you feel, its better just to relax and ignore them, its your money, you work hard for it and thats exactly what i tell my parents and they have finally realized that they really dont have any control over my money although i am still pretty good with money
HondaxPower Posted December 8, 2009 Report Posted December 8, 2009 Its like no other feeling when you just have the most shitty day and you get in your car and turn up the volume and the bass hits. man i really feel for you it seems like most of the time us guys in that family get shit on btw i really loved that quote def going in the sig Like Slowed Songs? Check out Mine and Bassaddict's Slowed Songs Thread
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.