Sonic Electronix

Ok so I've come to a realization. After I get my new box in (hopefully friday) im not going to have anywhere to put my amps. So i was thinking i could bolt them to the trunk lid. Does anyone see a problem with that? I cant think of any effect it would have but i just want to double check. Any suggestions welcome. Thanks.

Edited by bcpballer64

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

Ok the car is a 1988 Regal. My box takes up the entire trunk therefore, back of seats is a no go and they don't fold down so definatley a no go. The wheel well is out because I need my spare bcuz I have a bad tire and I live in the country so if I get a flat it's me and the road. I also think that they amps would look good on the underside of the trunk lid. Do you think it would harm the audio at all?

"The strongest reason for people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." -- (Thomas Jefferson)

amp directly on box is a bad idea..amp on trunk lid? you do the math

the vibrations will kill the amp quickly. I would mount it the to box somewhere, on the side or on the top but make sure to use rubber grommets/washers between the amp and the box to protect the amplifier from excess vibration.

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

the vibrations will kill the amp quickly.

This. Think how much the lid on most trunk cars flexes even with 'just' 2 12's in there.

Also you would have to be pretty creative with your wiring.

Might be ok on a show car where the trunk is always open when it's being played (plus it's in a huge ass fiberglass install on the lid) but I wouldn't do it daily.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Just get another piece of 3/4" MDF, put that onto the side of your box or wherever you're going to mount the amp, then put rubber spacers underneath the legs of the amp, then bolt it down. If you are stuck on space, and have to mount the amp onto the box, that is the safest way to do it. Still dangerous though, but that's what I would do if I was stuck on space.

Edited by kl0wn

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

How about underneath your front seats? A buddy of mine did that in high school and let me tell ya no thief ever got that amp out!

Kenwood Excelon KDX-693 Head Unit

Kinetik HC600

Powerbass 6.75's in front doors

Powerbass 6.75's in rear deck

Powerbass 1000.1D

Powerbass 400.4

2 SA-12 inch Sundown Audio Subs

0 gauge Power Wire and Big 3

Custom Amp Rack

Code Alarm with remote start

Stinger Digital Volt Meter

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/51869-1996-chevy-blazer-build/

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/kanesdisciple

Ya I guess that could work I've got my old amp rack and half a sheet of mdf left so I'm sure I'll figure something out I can get pretty creative.

How about underneath your front seats? A buddy of mine did that in high school and let me tell ya no thief ever got that amp out!

That is a great idea.

2017 Chevrolet Silverado LT CC - Will be running 2-3 DC Audion M3 8s, unsure of amp, Mechman 320 amp alt.

2005 Ford F150 - Bagged on 24s, fully shaved, raised bed floor.