DC Sound Lab

Yeah I can see it being just fine with pushing motions, but pulling? I think it'll be tough to hold up there, but I wanna see how DC did it.

Exactly. I'm going to assume they developed some way to reinforce the joint so the former doesn't have a tendency to tear away from the cones on the rearward stroke, ala eD K style.

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

you know, im thinking that the flat cone will be pulling on the surround instead of pushing like a normal cone

and that leads me to think it will cause wrinkles in the surround easier than the normal cone

but i am quite eager to see it actually performing

i also thought would the former ever be in danger of bending or being dented due to pushing against the hard carbon fiber?

with a traditional cone the former can move the cone with it, but in this case i think itll just be banging against the disk.

im thinkng like a tin can on a concrete floor with a person stepping on it.

has that been considered?

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

you know, im thinking that the flat cone will be pulling on the surround instead of pushing like a normal cone

and that leads me to think it will cause wrinkles in the surround easier than the normal cone

but i am quite eager to see it actually performing

i also thought would the former ever be in danger of bending or being dented due to pushing against the hard carbon fiber?

with a traditional cone the former can move the cone with it, but in this case i think itll just be banging against the disk.

im thinkng like a tin can on a concrete floor with a person stepping on it.

has that been considered?

All the formers I've seen/used were pretty strong, so I don't think that's really an issue, but with the abuse that these subs are sure to see I wouldn't rule it completely out of the picture.

I would think the cone or surround would give out before the former started to bend.

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

Exactly. I'm going to assume they developed some way to reinforce the joint so the former doesn't have a tendency to tear away from the cones on the rearward stroke, ala eD K style.

The CF cone is very light though...it won't be too hard to make it change directions. Lower mass would mean a lower force that the joint would have to endure...

2016 Subaru BRZ | Sony XAV-AX100 | Rockford Fosgate DSM 4080 & DSM 40ix |

On 6/6/2012 at 6:32 PM, 'LZTYBRN' said:

3. Don't put speakers outside the car unless you are the ice cream man.

My feedback thread

How does the flat cone affect the reconing process? How would you shim the voice coil with solid cone (i.e. no dustcap hole to take the shims out through)?

possibly alignment pins stuck throught he bottom of the motor... much like the cerwin vega strokers. :unknw::unknw::unknw::unknw:

see the six small holes by the rubber magnet cover? the woofer comes with six spring steel aligment pins that are about 7 inches long that center the voice coil in the gap. also note the bad ass 8 guage wire terminals that work AWESOME!!!! strip off a inch of insulation.. twist.. insert and crank down on the grub screw.. i could literally pick my sub up by the power wires... someone needs to make these..

cer-strokerpro15.jpg

Edited by chewie

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

tuned to 25 hz... stay tuned.

blazer

stroker 15

brutus bxi2006d terrible voltage drop

145.4@38HZ... SEALED LEGAL

Aim: chewieft09

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

possibly alignment pins stuck throught he bottom of the motor... much like the cerwin vega strokers. :unknw::unknw::unknw::unknw:

see the six small holes by the rubber magnet cover? the woofer comes with six spring steel aligment pins that are about 7 inches long that center the voice coil in the gap. also note the bad ass 8 guage wire terminals that work AWESOME!!!! strip off a inch of insulation.. twist.. insert and crank down on the grub screw.. i could literally pick my sub up by the power wires... someone needs to make these..

I mentioned something along the same lines earlier. Field-replaceable recones like the solo-x, TC's threaded basket, memphis mojo's, and so on.

Would cost a lot to develop and manufacture, but sure makes things a whole lot easier.

yeah the spiders are glued to that plastic peice that you see bolted in place. and the tinsils are sanwiched between the spiders.. but i really wish somone would make those wire terminals on their woofers... they are the bomb...

the standard strokers no longer have recone kits available kinda sucks but im sure somone could fab something up.

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

blazer

stroker 15

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!

my house is louder than your car...

Thats a lot of reading. Theres a lot of good questions in there, There are issues a flat cone will see that a standard would not, Thats why were playing with them. I could get into how we are approching them or if it all works out then it could be a big surprise =]. who knows maybe it will never do what we want it to, but if we dont try new things or at least look into them then we wont move forward or backwards. Things that work out make the company stronger, things that fail are not a waste of time unless you learn absolutely nothing from it. I think it would be hard to experience anything and not learn something one way or another.

Im sorry if this is not everything you wanted. I dont mind shareing projects or new things were thinking about doing but Im not going to go into every detail of it unless its something that I have tested all aspects of and can offer them as a part of the line knowing its a solid product not just a proto.

Thank you to everyone that has faith in our product. Everyone of our customers is a part of the lifeblood of DC and allows us to do these types of things, So thank you for allowing me to do whatIi love.

DC AUDIO

Phone Number

1(855)SPL-DBZZ

Built by Competitors, for Competitors.

rusty i think its awesome that your showing the different things that your trying.. and no im not just sayin that to gain brownie points but i think its important to share ideas so you can come up with a woofer that pleases alot of people instead of just normal looking woofers .. example.. thats what drew me to the stroker/stroker pro line.. feild reconable (no glue required) and adjustable voice coil.. adjust it for more spl or more sq. it was just downright cool. (and i have a hardon for cerwin vegas house equipment)

and frankly i think that new cone looks awesome keep up the great work. and hopefully you continue to devolop great equipment

Edited by chewie

91 dodge colt gt..

4 custom t600 15s

audioque 3500d.1

blazer

stroker 15

www.t3audio.com

carpe diez nuts !!