DC Sound Lab

Thats a lot of reading. Theres a lot of good questions in there, There are issues a flat cone will see that a standard would not, Thats why were playing with them. I could get into how we are approching them or if it all works out then it could be a big surprise =]. who knows maybe it will never do what we want it to, but if we dont try new things or at least look into them then we wont move forward or backwards. Things that work out make the company stronger, things that fail are not a waste of time unless you learn absolutely nothing from it. I think it would be hard to experience anything and not learn something one way or another.

Im sorry if this is not everything you wanted. I dont mind shareing projects or new things were thinking about doing but Im not going to go into every detail of it unless its something that I have tested all aspects of and can offer them as a part of the line knowing its a solid product not just a proto.

Thank you to everyone that has faith in our product. Everyone of our customers is a part of the lifeblood of DC and allows us to do these types of things, So thank you for allowing me to do whatIi love.

Any reply is better than no reply. Thanks for taking some time to pop your head in.

I wish you would share a little more info, but I understand if you don't want to. Like I said, if you can pull off what others haven't, then I don't blame you for wanting to keep things under wraps. :)

Team B2, Team Audiotechnix, Team Kicker, Team XS Power, Team Sundown, Team Maxxsonics, Team DD2008 Bassrace 130-139.9 Regional and National Champion2006, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2012 MECA Champion (S1, SR1, S2, S3, S4, DB1) -1 DD 9510F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ .7 ohm strapped=154.2 headrest, 129.2 driveby-2 DD 9510F's + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=154.0 headrest-1 DD 9512F + 2 Sundown SAZ2500's @ 1 ohm strapped=153.5 headrest, 131.1 Driveby

-2 DD 9512F + 2 B2 Zero1's @ .5 strapped= 157.0 headrest, 158.0 outlaw-1 Sundown SA-8 + 2 MB Quart 2000's=148.8 headrest, 150.6 outlaw

how about comparing flat cone vs concave... same material and weight

that would pretty much prove whether the idea is even worth it... besides just an aestheic change

somebody call the Mythbusters

R.I.P!

(Nov-29-2009)

92 explorer

- 4 Atomic Apxx 15s duel .7s - 4rth order bandpass wall -4 powerbass XA-3000D's - 16 8volt batts wired to 16 volts - (9+/9-) runs 0gauge - 152.3 Db @ 29hz

current build

97 chevy lumina4 - 1 Atomic Apx 18 - 6 cube slot port trunk sealed off - 1 powerbass XA-3000D - 2 optima G31s in spare tire18 1 run 1/0

Thats a lot of reading. Theres a lot of good questions in there, There are issues a flat cone will see that a standard would not, Thats why were playing with them. I could get into how we are approching them or if it all works out then it could be a big surprise =]. who knows maybe it will never do what we want it to, but if we dont try new things or at least look into them then we wont move forward or backwards. Things that work out make the company stronger, things that fail are not a waste of time unless you learn absolutely nothing from it. I think it would be hard to experience anything and not learn something one way or another.

Im sorry if this is not everything you wanted. I dont mind shareing projects or new things were thinking about doing but Im not going to go into every detail of it unless its something that I have tested all aspects of and can offer them as a part of the line knowing its a solid product not just a proto.

Thank you to everyone that has faith in our product. Everyone of our customers is a part of the lifeblood of DC and allows us to do these types of things, So thank you for allowing me to do whatIi love.

thank u massa. :ph34r::give_rose:

i appreciate new or redone projects just to see if they have ANY benfefits for ANYONE... ill be waiting for testing... :8)

im eager to test muh 6 18s also :D

Edited by matt402

m_8e0e9deb0e2a020a7ff1bf0d3a6c3306.jpgth_140x100square.jpgth_140x100rev2animated.gifsoundigital.pngth_Banner_140x100.jpgn221468318568_2854.jpg

8_RedDevillogo.pngteamtexflex-1.jpg

or i think we all forgot that carbon fiber can be molded to pretty much any form maybe a cone stlye back that is very aerodynamic and have a way to glue the former to a lip on the bottom of the peice or something to that nature and just use the flat cone for the benefit for the roll off of the front flat face or any other.But rusty makes a good point any time somebody asks how to make there setup louder they usually get TEST TEST AND RETEST so i guess thats what he is doing.

how about comparing flat cone vs concave... same material and weight

that would pretty much prove whether the idea is even worth it... besides just an aestheic change

That is a pointless test especially in this situation. We all know concave gives the paper cone its strength this is not news to anyone. We also know flat flat paper cone wouldnt last more then 3 seconds before it folds under low power. This is why for a flat cone you wouldnt even consider using a paper material especially of the same weight or thickness. And this is why we are using the material that we are, because even though its flat it carries much more rigidity then a concave paper cone. I wish i could send you all a sample and you can see how much it flexes compared to a standard cone, truth is it doesnt flex.

That is a pointless test especially in this situation. We all know concave gives the paper cone its strength this is not news to anyone. We also know flat flat paper cone wouldnt last more then 3 seconds before it folds under low power. This is why for a flat cone you wouldnt even consider using a paper material especially of the same weight or thickness. And this is why we are using the material that we are, because even though its flat it carries much more rigidity then a concave paper cone. I wish i could send you all a sample and you can see how much it flexes compared to a standard cone, truth is it doesnt flex.

you are not getting it, im trying to say the same thing as tommy and i wasnt even referring to using paper at all

new material flat vs new material concave test is what i suggested

whatever material is being used for the new flat cones... make a concave cone of the same material same/similar weight

the likely outcome is that the concave cone with the new material will outperform the flat cone... which is why there is virtually no benefit over a concave cone made of the new material. i understand the new material flat cone is stronger than strandard concave paper, but why not use the new material used for the flat cone on a concave cone?

it is sexa tho... im a big fan of fullcover/dish dustcaps... not the boobs

Edited by Decaf

TeamSundown-sig.jpg

you are not getting it, im trying to say the same thing as tommy

whatever material you are using for the new flat cones... make a concave cone of the same material same/similar weight

the likely outcome is that the concave cone with the new material will outperform the flat cone... which is why there is virtually no benefit over concave made of the new material. i understand the new material flat cone is stronger than strandard concave paper, but why not use the new material used for the flat cone on a concave cone?

it is sexa tho... im a big fan of fullcover/dish dustcaps... not the boobs

From what I saw of the material I don't think they can get this material into a cone shape.

I will say, I have yet to see anyone use this material in this type of application before.

Designing, building, and shipping boxes. Yahoo IM - kingsuv00If the listening level is too loud, please inform the driver, so he can promptly pull over, and let you out.

not many cars can get me to pluggin my ears but this one.......damn. I mean the first minute is ok but that thing just really starts digging deeper and deeper in your earhole till you cant stand it no more. Seems like it does it with relative ease....16 12's on 8 amps.........gotta love it. :)

i love the look i hope it all works out and sounds awsome. i had some ppi and the sounded great on the ppi amps but he may be right the amps now adays may tear em apart lets hope not. the new ppi pro flat pistons are sposed to be a good sub that holds up good to todays amps. so i know if thay can do it rusty can deffently do it and if its half the sub as his other subs its still going to be a winner in my book.

also rusy would you be able to buy thes as recone for the subs that everyone already has or not?

wow that was a lot of reading i would love to see the outcome of this flat cone design and see how it compares with the formal style dc woofers dc woofers have some great products so who know they are probably working out all the bugs that the flat cone may have

For beats Click Here

Head Unit- power acoustik 8" touchscreen

doors-RE 57 fr

sub - sundown audio e8

amp-PG v752