Second Skin Audio

So why Fi over Kicker??

MOUZEBINN

Frito- I understand what you are saying, I personally don't run either as well, I prefer ONYX, ARC Audio, and Image Dynamics, for subs, but that's because I am more into the SQ category, than SPL!!! I don't need the crazy loud set-ups to feed my need, I have friends with those. I also don't recall bashing Kicker because they've been around for so long, but I personally don't like the subtle distortion that comes from the square subs, just don't feel that they are as efficient as circle subs. I'd rather have their old Solo's when they first appeared (they were circle). I feel the same way about Boston's Oval subs, not singling out certain companies. For an SPL standpoint I feel under the same amount of wattage, Fi is a better sub, probably more efficient. Can't say for sure don't have a meter and don't have the testing equipment. Just stating an opinion!!!

Kicker- yeah, but that also had more to do with design and building of the set-up, more than the equipment, but still give him credit where it is due.

i wasnt gearing it towards any one person, not even just this thread, but lots of threads like this.

side note, you should buy a meter, ever since i got mine i put my car on the meter whenever i fine a new song to play, hah

Truthfully this is some of the poorest grammar and spelling I've ever seen used by anyone over the 2nd grade level.... I only bolded the parts that were gramatically incorrect or spelled incorrectly. Also bolded the parts that made absolutely no sense, but didn't want to just highlight the entire post.

Besides that I love how you care accurately predict the outcome of comparing woofers that you've never ever seen in person... Let alone actually owned, tested, or heard besides on some Youtube videos. Just because you've never seen an FI product in person doesn't mean that it's nowhere to be found in the public eye. Try attending a real competition and I'm sure you'll either run into one or there will be folks there that know plenty about FI.

You clearly have no idea what the fuck you're talking about. So to prevent you from looking like an idiot with another post like this, I'd suggest actually doing a little research, knowing the products you're attempting to compare, and use spelling/grammar check on MS Word.

most def qft and the funny thing is he is the only guy really saying kicker is better and he owns kicker everyone else is just going from a nuetral stand point .... so FI ftw

i wasnt gearing it towards any one person, not even just this thread, but lots of threads like this.

side note, you should buy a meter, ever since i got mine i put my car on the meter whenever i fine a new song to play, hah

Oh I know, didn't mean for what I said, to sound like you were. But I have a friend of mine that has a Audio-Control meter set-up that I'm gonna want to try out when I build my next set-up. Not really sure which meter it is though, can't remember. LOL!!

Pioneer AVH480

Zapco ST5XII amplifier

Stevens Audio 6.5" components (passive)

Onyx Subwoofer

Sky High OFC wiring

First off, Marlo this isn't a english forum so honestly I don't see the need to correct everyone that hurts your feelers. Does grammar correction make you sleep well at night? :nea:For you

Second, why is everyone dissing Kicker? Kickers been around longer for a reason... Why would a brand thats 'known' for poor quality still exist?

I love Kicker, always will run them no matter what..

I'm biased on my choice... Whoever said Kicker is good for the entry level (mxman) I'd love an explanation why they are only good for entry level. Oh, also why are Kicker garbage? IMO your shits garbage... Yours was Kicker is, so mine is yours are. Get it?

Fi.... :give_rose:

Derp.

thats what i would rather hear on here, from someone whose run both.

I just had to use somethin i learn out of a whole semesters worth of fighting off sleep in psychology.

Yours subs where the ones i said in my first post about not knowing if ive heard fi subs before

Did you have an Fi recone in your focus when i first heard your system? If it was then Id say Fi has an edge on kicker for sq. but the L5s i have have alot of output.

yeah remember when we met up at harbor frieght that first time?

i had a SSD with a copper coil then. it just had a DC dust cap because i couldn't find one of my FI dust caps when i reconed it. did a 144 sealed with that single 12.

Also, kicker sucks.

wow see someone who is currently running kicker says this. hmm makes you wonder doesn't it.

and to solo_x18 not everyone has the proper knowledge to be able to tell what makes a good quality sub and they have been around for awhile because they are main stream and advertise like mad crazy and get into stores. Fi doesn't need to do this because their quality speaks for itself and they get great results.

Fi FTW

Johns.jpgSuburban Coming Soon

I would go with you on that if people like Corey Himmel (sp) wouldn't have won SQ championships with them.

Personally neither brand is the answer for SQ or SPL imo

Lol we have 3 cars running Fi products doing 158.5 no wall 162.9 ss 1 - 2 would of been natinoal champ if he went to finals and my truck doing a 160.8 in ss 5+ so how is Fi not the answer for spl????

I've ran both!!!! And from every post that has ran both but yours says the Fi shits on the kicker IMO

Have you ever had your woofers blown?

Archived