Second Skin Audio

So why Fi over Kicker??

MOUZEBINN

Ive got 1 Solo X 12 and have'nt blown it yet not saying it wont blow but as of right now i like it. I will be getting a different sub sometime in the near future. I believe the only reason people blow these subs is because they're trying to do to much with it. Oh and ive had my sub for almost 2 years now and it still hits as hard as the day i bought it, if not harder. Im not knocking on other subs because of course theres gonna be something better out there for cheaper. Ive had the chance to listen a few different sub brands and it all depends on the setup IMO. One of my buddys about 5-6 yrs ago had 2 MTX Thunder 8000 10's in 2 sealed Q-Logic Boxes hooked up of of his back rear speaker running off a 15watt Radioshak fm transmitter hooked up to a portable CD player, his amp he was using was a 4 channel pyramid america 1800amp with 1 of the channels blown and he still hit 148.7, with no major upgrades to the car. The only thing that ever killed that car was when he hooked up the old school 81000D mtx amp up to it and a kid on a bike could literally beat us stop sign to stop sign lol, god i miss that old dodge spirit. And that aint even a properly hooked up system. Ive also seen 6 crossfire 12's hit 167.8 in a dodge dakota that was effing awesome.

TDHRIP_zps8bedfde5.jpg

06 Impala SS
Kenwood Excelon DDX593

Ampere Audio 150.4

Ampere Audio 5K
1 XS D4700 (front)
Mechman 320a Alt. w/ Big 3

Lots of Second Skin Damplifier

Under Construction for 2017

Using this logic, Pyle, Boss, Legacy, Pyramid, Dual, shouldnt be around, people still buy them though. The guys at kicker just have a good product and great marketing.

Ha, I was gonna say this same thing...

Not goona bag on Kicker or JL, I've owned both...

My kickers got pretty loud, but I did not like the way their sound... Someon will say, you gotta know how to build a box for'em... F that, The manufacture should post the specs that a driver needs and they would have a lot better luck... Most people don't want to pay to have a box built anyway...

My JLs, (12W6s) looked real pretty and had great sound, just no enough of it... After I bought and sold them, I thought they cost way more than they were worth... Not bashing either, but I have moved on...

NRA - Patron Lifetime Member

'"the right of the people to keep andand bear arms shall not be infringed"

I'm biased on my choice... Whoever said Kicker is good for the entry level (mxman) I'd love an explanation why they are only good for entry level. Oh, also why are Kicker garbage? IMO your shits garbage... Yours was Kicker is, so mine is yours are. Get it?

Fi.... :give_rose:

i throw the word garbage out there meaning compared to every multi kicker woofer set up, FI has seemed to be louder and more reliable in every instance with half the cone area. My L7's stunk like skunk ass, my CVR's smelled after i beat on them for a while under there rated power.... I HAVE ran both and i have proof of numbers i put up. Explain to me why 4 15" CVR's in a wall off kickers specs that they gave me when i called them hit almost 3 db's less than 2 15" Bl's off the same power? Now you can go on and nitpic about different box designs and blah blah, but the fact of the matter is they are very comparable, same power, and fi(bl) was hands down louder than all previous set ups.

Entry level---when i got into audio it was kicker, when my friends got into audio, it was kicker, my relatives, KICKER. Its a good budget sub and i never said its ONLY good for entry, you could always run like... 12 CVR 15;s and hit what i do with 2 18's... i dont know why im not a damn sub guru, i dont build them, but i have beat on them and tested many different set ups.

Sorry your on the kicker boat, maybe if u ever try a different woofer ul realize there is better for the money. I dont mean to be disrespectful in any way im just giving you MY experience.. my kicker set ups were loud but i just will never go back to kicker, or even RF's punch line.

Its sad they go overseas to save a quick buck produce a cheaper product and somehow manage to raise the price of their woofers. TRUE STORY

dont come here bitching to us that your broke, we are trying to give you advice you just seem to stupid to take it

OK SO COMMON GUYS LOTS OF BACK AND BACK>> Fi SSD for SPL or L5 I don't need any other recommendations ive done research and these are the subs I want in my price range, my only question is WHICH ONE?!

Current Setup (pictures/videos uploaded)

1997 Grand Prix Se 3.8 V6 (220HP stock)

105A Alternator

Big III

5/8 Gauge Wiring

1 x Alpine MRP-450.1 (1x450RMS @ 2OHM)

1 x Alpine MRP-500.2 (2x250RMS @ 4OHM)

2 x 6 1/2 Infinity Reference 3-WAY (250RMS)

2 x 6 by 9 Infinity Reference 3-WAY (300RMS)

1 x Pioneer dEH-11

1 x 3.5cu .75MDF tuned @ 33hz (VENTED)

2 x Kicker COMP 15" S4

Coming Soon! (pictures/videos included)

1997 Grand Prix SE with rear seat removed

225A Iraggi Alternator

Big III

Rear Deep Cycle

0/1 Gauge Wiring

1 x Alpine MRP-500

1 x Alpine MRP-450

1 x Alpine CDA-9885 60x4 RMS

1 x Hifonics Brutus 1605D (1600RMS x 1 @ 1 OHM)

2 x Fi SSD 15" Copper Coil D1

1 x 5.5cu .75MDF tuned @ 33hz (VENTED)

OK SO COMMON GUYS LOTS OF BACK AND BACK>> Fi SSD for SPL or L5 I don't need any other recommendations ive done research and these are the subs I want in my price range, my only question is WHICH ONE?!

WEVE BEEN SAYING FI FTMFW, SHUT UP AND LISTEN ALREADY. And dont type in all caps, it makes it seem like youre yelling, which was my intent.

woman..cant live with em...cant shoot em...guess were all fucked

You might be a Redneck if you use your leftover gutters for a speaker box port...

YOU JUST LOST THE GAMER.I.P. Blazer=========================Last setup was in the 141s on music (37hz) with 2 12s and 1kw in a 4dr blazer.2010 Mitsubishi Lancer DE2 12in Clarions (kept from blazer)HiFonics BRZ1700.1d (at 2 ohms BLOWN) [JBL GTS180X for subs currently 60wRMS x2ch!!!!!! This works for till i get the blown amp fixed] Alpine 4ch salvaged from blazer (currently near death)9887 peerless 7s in the doors and CDT tweeters ran active no speakers in the rearKintik HC1400 under the hood.metered once a while ago, dont remember it...was piss poor compared to the blazer, mid 130s i think....looking to replace subs and amp when i have money.

WEVE BEEN SAYING FI FTMFW, SHUT UP AND LISTEN ALREADY. And dont type in all caps, it makes it seem like youre yelling, which was my intent.

it was also mine.... kthxbai

Current Setup (pictures/videos uploaded)

1997 Grand Prix Se 3.8 V6 (220HP stock)

105A Alternator

Big III

5/8 Gauge Wiring

1 x Alpine MRP-450.1 (1x450RMS @ 2OHM)

1 x Alpine MRP-500.2 (2x250RMS @ 4OHM)

1 x Pioneer dEH-11

1 x 3.5cu .75MDF tuned @ 33hz (VENTED)

2 x Kicker COMP 15" S4

Coming Soon! (pictures/videos included)

1997 Grand Prix SE with rear seat removed

225A Iraggi Alternator

Big III

Rear Deep Cycle

0/1 Gauge Wiring

1 x Alpine MRP-500

1 x Alpine MRP-450

1 x Alpine CDA-9885 60x4 RMS

1 x Hifonics Brutus 1605D (1600RMS x 1 @ 1 OHM)

2 x Fi SSD 15" Copper Coil D1

1 x 5.5cu .75MDF tuned @ 33hz (VENTED)

it was also mine.... kthxbai

Just go with fi man. yes kicker can get loud; however i can almost guanatee you will be happier with fi, honestly this thread seems to be getting way out of hand you have heard the opinions of a lot of very smart people now really read the thread and decide. fi>kicker imo...

steven.jpg

i throw the word garbage out there meaning compared to every multi kicker woofer set up, FI has seemed to be louder and more reliable in every instance with half the cone area. My L7's stunk like skunk ass, my CVR's smelled after i beat on them for a while under there rated power.... I HAVE ran both and i have proof of numbers i put up. Explain to me why 4 15" CVR's in a wall off kickers specs that they gave me when i called them hit almost 3 db's less than 2 15" Bl's off the same power? Now you can go on and nitpic about different box designs and blah blah, but the fact of the matter is they are very comparable, same power, and fi(bl) was hands down louder than all previous set ups.

Entry level---when i got into audio it was kicker, when my friends got into audio, it was kicker, my relatives, KICKER. Its a good budget sub and i never said its ONLY good for entry, you could always run like... 12 CVR 15;s and hit what i do with 2 18's... i dont know why im not a damn sub guru, i dont build them, but i have beat on them and tested many different set ups.

Sorry your on the kicker boat, maybe if u ever try a different woofer ul realize there is better for the money. I dont mean to be disrespectful in any way im just giving you MY experience.. my kicker set ups were loud but i just will never go back to kicker, or even RF's punch line.

Its sad they go overseas to save a quick buck produce a cheaper product and somehow manage to raise the price of their woofers. TRUE STORY

funny-pictures-cat-does-not-believe.jpg

Derp.

God damn. Buy the Kicker already. If you weren't a complete tool you wouldn't even be thinking about the Kicker any more, how many people have said go for the Fi in this thread? The only guy even half-heartedly sticking up for Kicker is the guy running EVERYTHING Kicker.

And the last thing Fi needs is another newbie bandwagon idiot running their subs and making their brand look dumb. So buy the Kicker :)

P.S. 130dB is easy. So easy. I could do a 130 with 1 8" sub running off a headunit.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Archived