KnuKonceptz

if your gonna be running a 3000+ watt setup then you shouldn't be buying cheap wire anyway. But for the rest of us the KLMX 1/0 will be more than enough.

Yea I ended up going with the stinger 4 guage 4 channel kit since its ofc. And once I hook up my other stuFf, ill just upgrade to 1/0 for the 4 channel.

1999 Altima 5spd

HU: Alpine CDA-9887

Frnts: CDT audio 6.5 Components

Rears: Alpine Type R 6.5 Components

Speaker Amp: DAT HR4125

Subs: 2 AQ HDC3 15's coming soon

Sub Amps:(2)US MD2D

Wiring: Stinger

8_RedDevillogo.pngalpine_logo.jpg

Guest DC Power Rob
I just got done running about 100FT of that KLMX KNU wire in 2 trucks. Stuff IS VERY VERY THICK! Really should be called 2/0 cable, but since it is 90% alum, I guess they needed to make it larger then common 1/0 wire so it could carry an amperage worth a shit. I like the wire, but I DONT like how skinny the outer cover is. Seems rather thin for my liking, but for 1.75$ a foot, really makes it attractive. I have some soundquest 1/0 wire as-well, and this KNU KLMX wire makes it look like 8ga LOL!

We run the Fleks 1/0, and you are right, it's more like 2/0 cable than 1/0.. We cant get 1/0 lugs on the Knu fleks kable, and can barely get the big 2/0 copper lugs on it.. Even though it's like $3.75/ft, the KNU wire is WELL worth it!!

We run the Fleks 1/0, and you are right, it's more like 2/0 cable than 1/0.. We cant get 1/0 lugs on the Knu fleks kable, and can barely get the big 2/0 copper lugs on it.. Even though it's like $3.75/ft, the KNU wire is WELL worth it!!

I've been wanting to buy some, but if you cant get the 1/0 crimps on, what the hell am i supposed to use? :unsure:

Yea I ended up going with the stinger 4 guage 4 channel kit since its ofc. And once I hook up my other stuFf, ill just upgrade to 1/0 for the 4 channel.

i doubt you would ever need more then 4g for a 4 channel running mids. unless you have something crazy ull be fine.

example a kicker 850.4 will run full power on 4g just fine.

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

so youre saying this kit http://www.knukonceptz.com/productDetail.cfm?prodID=KLM-AK0 is garbage? i would like to know before i buy it, my equipment is in my sig

I would say Knu wires are garbage because if it was that bad, peoples wouldn't bother buying it. It have more strands than the awg wire gauge because it mix with copper and clad aluminium. It isn't the best gauge wire to use, but it will only be good for low budget setup. Cheap wires don't carry the power and signal properly, but i had never really have any big issure with Knu product. I have using it for almost 3 years now with no problem uner the hood.

Knu = Cheap = low budget

Stinger, Kicker, RF = epensive = worth to buy if got cash = oxygen free copper wire.

knu's ofc cable is a good but the CCA is stupid. sry got loud but i've yet had someone tell me an advantage of CCA wire. from what ive tested on the bench its a hair worse then the size below ofc. nothing that's going to be noticeable in a normal car thou.

i havent messed with the flex wire but knus wire isnt so uncommon. lighting audio wire from rockford corp is 98% the same as the rf labeled wire it just doesnt have the flexible jacket. so realistically... kolasas is comparable to lightning audio and flex is comparable to rf wire.

i just had a guy come in with a escalade another shop wired up for him and we were pulling his JL stealthbox and replacing it with a 4 15's box and a t8004/t40001bd we sold him for another escalade. he had 2 runs of 4g so he said that would be plenty right? turns out he had 2 runs of cca 4g that were buttconnected with working but melted fuseholders connected not to the battery but the alternator post. since i cant really say what he had was garbage because i become the "salesman" just trying to sell him our stuff that he doesn't need how do i explain to him its not going to work? we ended up selling him a single run of 1/0 for the T4 and while he paid for it a second would have been a lot better... voltage was drop was significant

J. Jsig_253411.jpgMy CardomainFINISHED COBALT SS/SC DUAL ALTERNATOR PICS icon_nuts.gif

theres no such thing as too expensive when it comes to upgrades like that, because imo if you are gonna spend to upgrade then do it correctly rather then be a cheap ass ricer

instead of making another thread ill bump this one up...

so you guys are saying that CCA = for setups that arent "running that much power 1-2K Watts ... but if youre running more then that use OFC? i was looking at the shok wire thats about to come out. sick price ... flexible as hell ... but its CCA... im just trying to get some clarity on it

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

I'm running KLMX CCA 1/0 throughout my truck, and it's not bad wire. It's massive, barely fits into 1/0 lugs. I've got 2k RMS running through it to my sub, and there's no power problems whatsoever. Only problem I had with it is its hard as hell to bend it. When I mean hard as hell, I mean holy shit, grab a buddy, you hold there, i'll pull here maybe we can get it onto this battery terminal! I also have some KLMX 4 gauge and 8 gauge wire, and while it is a bit stiff, compared to some RF 4 gauge/8 gauge wire already in my truck, it's the same size, same 'bendability', etc. Just the 1/0 that's hard as hell to work with.

My next wire purchase will definitely be the Kolossus wire, with some 2/0 lugs though.

And about that kicker wire for 119$.....??

i did my big 3 in klmx and 1 run of it which is only powering a dc 120.4 right now ... but i want to know what kinda wire is really better before i add 3 runs of pos and neg ya know. and fuck yeah ... the klmx is like using a bunch of half frozen hotdogs lol. i never understood the need for flexibility until i got that wire.

312tzpu.png

My 02 Accord Wall Build

2 Sundown Audio Nightshade V1 18s --- 1 SAZ 3500

Sundown Audio 100.4 --- 4 Sundown Audio Neo-Pro 8s

Sundown Audio 125.2 --- 2 Morel MD-12 Tweeters , 2 Selenium ST-200 Tweeters

DC Power 270xp --- 4 XS Power D1200s | 1 D5100R

Archived