PWK DESIGNED BOXES BETTER BE WORTH THE WAIT

For you to even say that a design by someone who does this for a living, and someone who knows how to use WinISD will be around the same, is really silly of you.

Theres a reason for his wait, hes a one man show like stated before.

For me, Ill gladly pay the 50 bucks and get it done right the 1st time, instead of building a box 3 different times trying to find the one I like the best.

I agree with you to a point. I know there is alot of engineering that goes into his designs and pretty vehicle specific,but there is no guarantee that you are going to like it

True. I got a great design from Decaf that I am getting ready to start building. I heard alot of good things about Pete and thought I would try one out, but damn lol.

So built it, and then when you get PWK's design, build it and try em both out.

You didnt pay for rush status and are complaining about the wait time.

I can understand if he had the blueprints sitting in the folder and as soon as he got a payment he emailed them, but think of these as hand built woofers.

Theres no stock, everything takes time, and in the end, money talks.

2004 Yellow F150 STX 4x4 Single Cab

2 Yellow DC Power 270SP's Alts

4(and counting) XS Power 6500's

4 DD3515s Supercharged

53cu.ft 4th order blowthrough

8 DD M1b's

6 Selenium 8's

2 Selenium ST350s

154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp

Build Log

For you to even say that a design by someone who does this for a living, and someone who knows how to use WinISD will be around the same, is really silly of you.

For me, Ill gladly pay the 50 bucks and get it done right the 1st time, instead of building a box 3 different times trying to find the one I like the best.

oh please i'll be the dickhead and say it... it takes all of like 20 minutes to come up with something plot it out and send it to someone....i lag a week or so at times and its plain out laziness not because its hard.

winisd is easy bassboxpro is easy and so is sketchup/autocad....thats why i dont sit here and charge people 50+ bucks for designs...

maybe he knows stuff i dont know maybe not i dont really care what his credentials are myself, but he does what he does and people continue to go to him so he must be doing something right.

The only thing i find annoying is all the peopel who send him money expecting these exotic designs, then get them and cant build them lmao.

or get them and thier results seriously arent much if any better then a plain ol ported enclosure.

I dunno ive sat for years now watching his designing since back when he worked at ABC here in CA and while his craftsmanship is pretty nice, i find it laughable to this day that people pay what they do for designs and wait upwards of 4-6 months for them.

Just because someone only does audio for a hobby does make them any less of a designer then someone who does it for a living. I have seen some pretty nice designs on this forum done by members.

I would also much enjoy building 3 boxes, with every failure there is always something to be learned. Thats how you get better at this is from trial and error. Just my opinion.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Sub Amp:American Bass VFL 500.1

Subs: 4 Fi BL 18's

Enclosure:21.5 Cubic foot flat wall tuned to 40 hz

Batteries: 3 Kinetik 2400's in the back, Kinetik 1200 under hood.

Mids & Highs: 4 Kicker DS 6.5 coax in doors, 2 Kicker DS coax in pillars

Highs Amp: Kicker kx250.2, kx100.2

Wire: 4 Runs 1/0 gauge Knukonceptz

oh please i'll be the dickhead and say it... it takes all of like 20 minutes to come up with something plot it out and send it to someone....i lag a week or so at times and its plain out laziness not because its hard.

winisd is easy bassboxpro is easy and so is sketchup/autocad....thats why i dont sit here and charge people 50+ bucks for designs...

maybe he knows stuff i dont know maybe not i dont really care what his credentials are myself, but he does what he does and people continue to go to him so he must be doing something right.

The only thing i find annoying is all the peopel who send him money expecting these exotic designs, then get them and cant build them lmao.

or get them and thier results seriously arent much if any better then a plain ol ported enclosure.

I dunno ive sat for years now watching his designing since back when he worked at ABC here in CA and while his craftsmanship is pretty nice, i find it laughable to this day that people pay what they do for designs and wait upwards of 4-6 months for them.

He has even said it himself, some designs take anywhere from 20min to 2 hours. Per person. Now take that per person, and mulitply it by how many people come to him a month, lets say, 25?

So he has roughly 25 hours a month, for paying customers. Plus his free time(who knows how long this takes), all of the designs DD drops on him(he has even said before, that when DD calls, everything gets put on hold until the DD stuff is done, no I am not talking about customers using DD subs, I am talking about design request coming from the company itself), so lets allow another what, 20 hours for that. Now, we cant forget about all the replys, email tagging and shit he has to do before assigning a case number, and then assigning a case number when half the time the customers dont order anyways. Lets say this is roughly another 20 hours, as replying to 50 emails a day would take me forever.

So 60 hours a month total work load, but also keep in mind, he has 2 options, regular and rush. He doesnt work on the standard cases until all of the Rush orders are down.

4 DD3515s Supercharged

8 DD M1b's

6 Selenium 8's

2 Selenium ST350s

154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp

Build Log

Just because someone only does audio for a hobby does make them any less of a designer then someone who does it for a living. I have seen some pretty nice designs on this forum done by members.

I would also much enjoy building 3 boxes, with every failure there is always something to be learned. Thats how you get better at this is from trial and error. Just my opinion.

You do learn alot from trail and error.

But at the same time, I dont want to make 3 runs to home depot, cut the wood 5 different times, assemble, and get covered in saw dust for a failure.

Id much rather learn trial and error from other things.

4 DD3515s Supercharged

8 DD M1b's

6 Selenium 8's

2 Selenium ST350s

154.1 @ 41hz Legal Burp

Build Log

X2! I am currently on my 4th box for my hdc3 (I designed and built them all myself) and tried something different in each of the first three took what I learned from all three and applied to the current one and have never been happier with a design, look, and sound of any setup I've had as I am with this one.

System tear out has begun...Out with the old

i have a iq of 128 i graduated at the top of my class tell me how im reatrded you are the 1 thats dumb as hell you can't even spell

Look at the underlined text hahahahahahahaha

I think of it as the virgin losing the virginity technique

not just jumping in to it, and pounding away, but going at it slowly over time, to get to that full extreme

l_59eb24b3e2d14283a9f1baf0746be9e0.jpg

you should have asked thumper for a box he gave me a quote in a day.

99 suburban

20" boss motorsport wheels

big 3 installed (thanks Iraggi)

alpine 9886 deck

kenwood 11 band eq

fosgate t5002 amp running sub

kenwood ps200 amp running components

jl xr components in front doors

jl xr 6.5 in rear doors

jl in rear roof

1 FI Q 18" with bp

enclosure 8 cubes 138 sq" port 34hz

Iraggi 220 ho alt

(RF 1500bd coming soon)

You do learn alot from trail and error.

But at the same time, I dont want to make 3 runs to home depot, cut the wood 5 different times, assemble, and get covered in saw dust for a failure.

Id much rather learn trial and error from other things.

ask rose villian or some others that have paid for his designs and spent upwards of 400 on covering and materials only for the box to flat out suck balls.

Archived