Sonic Electronix

Stereo too loud citation (brazos county, TX) cost?

So got my first citation for my stereo being too loud. I'm not going the type to make excuses and try to say it wasn't my fault, but this is a pretty funny scenario.

Just a few details of the situation, about a week ago I had some tinsel break on both of my subs. Had enough tinsel lead laying around to go ahead and get one up and running so I could make sure the amp wasn't affected by the breakdown. Anyways, everything was fine and I have only 1 sub in the box and a big hole in the other side where the other sub should be. My amps gain is turned OFF. Subwoofer level on the alpine is at 4, and the amps level knob is off as well.

So I'm driving along and sure enough red and blue in the rearview. Came out of no where! The LAST thing in my mind is that it's because of the music. I honestly was thinking a brake light had to be out or something... So I pull over as soon as it's easiest and luckily I was smoking so I had both windows down (5% tint) The officer comes up and proceeds to tell me that he's pulling me over because my stereo is too loud. This catches me off guard and so then he proceeds writing me the citation, and as doing so he's asking me questions about what kind of stereo I have, so I ask him what part is he talking about? He says the bass part, and I tell him well I only have 1 sub that's turned all the way down and he looks at me kinda funny and so I tell him, to be honest the other sub is getting fixed at the moment. At this point he kinda laughs as if he's thinking "damn, there's more?" So all in all no big deal, I got the ticket and there's nothing I can do about it. I'm just shocked that the cop heard the 1 sub turned all the way down. I guess DC's really don't play. ;)

So my main question is, does anyone off the top of their head have a guess what the ticket cost for this is in texas? Specifically brazos county?

I swear I think we googled for 2 hours last night and couldn't find anything. (maybe we were using the wrong search terms) but I'd be pretty certain that when laws are written they are meant to be confusing and hard to find. Allows for the law to work loopholes around you. :(

Someone was telling me that a noise violation was $500 here, but we were hoping that was for house parties and other similar events. On my ticket it specifically says "loud music, car stereo" and does not have any other specific violations included.

I wont be able to see how much it will be until the week when the place opens up, however I wish I could know a price range I might be looking at and I'm hoping like hell It's not $500 or much at all...

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

im in jefferson county and i think here 1st offence is like 150 2nd is like 225 or so and the 3rd they take yo shit and u gotta go to court for it call the court house in the morning and they can tell u over the phone!!

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

http://www.co.brazos.tx.us/courts/jp/jp-courtesy-letter.pdf

Texas Penal Code Section 42.01 (Disorderly Conduct) Amendment C, Part 2 states that "a noise is presumed to be unreasonable if the noise exceeds a decibel level of 85 after the person making the noise receives notice from a magistrate or peace officer that the noise is a public nuisance."

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

Steven the only number he put on there that might be it is 121.

Looking at that link you put up, I think we saw that last night, but didn't see any kind of noise violation...

userbar651078zu3.gif

MECP_SMALL.jpgCERTIFIED BITCHES!!!

Not being new at something doesn't mean anything. Just because a prostitute isn't new at what she does, doesn't change the fact that she still 'sucks'

Click to see my build!

Proud DC owner

Texas Law Violation

A loud party or noise violation falls under the Texas Penal Code Section 42.01 Disorderly Conduct (a)(5): a person commits an offense if he intentionally or knowingly; makes unreasonable noise in a public place other than a sport shooting range, or in or near a private residence that he has no right to occupy. Disorderly Conduct is a Class C Misdemeanor and is punishable by fine up to $ 500.00.

done looking now

you can cook bacon shirtless if you're not a pussy...lol

not hatin, but am i wrong here it looks as if the amp is not grounded its hooked directly to the battery. it that the way it should be.

intr.jpg

DC.jpgDC POWER

not sure how much it is in texas, but here in broward county florida it's $115.00 buck's.

2007 Chevy Impala LS

1 Crescendo 3KWP

1Crescendo C1000/4

2 DC lvl 4 15's with lvl5 dual .7 coils

1Audio Control Matrix

1 Pioneer P880PRS

1 300 amp Iraggi alt

All power runs done with Knu flex 0/1 guage

1 optima yellow top under the hood

1 XS 5100 and two Deka's in the trunk

4 Crescendo MP-8 mid bass drivers

2 DB Drive p5 5 D Pro Audio tweeters