Sonic Electronix

Sundown 2000d vs. audiopipe 3000d

The AP 30001D makes a solid 3kw RMS at 14.4 volts. That can't be seriously disputed. It is also cheap. Nevertheless, you should keep in mind that the 30001D draws lots of current. If you are planning to eventually run two or more, you should calculate the appropriate electrical upgrades into the price over what could be used to power two SAZs.

Either way you go, you will have power, just pony up on the electricals of the 30001Ds.

id honestly run the 2k sundown over the 3k audiopipe just for the sheer fact that its not a cheaply made POS.

im not a fan of ooo it works good enough for me, i like things over built and an audiopipe is far from that. the parts inside are the bare essentials to try to squeeze what they can out of it without it costing them anything. As hot as the one got that i had, i wouldnt trust it to last through one california summer with the way i beat down the block

id honestly run the 2k sundown over the 3k audiopipe just for the sheer fact that its not a cheaply made POS.

im not a fan of ooo it works good enough for me, i like things over built and an audiopipe is far from that. the parts inside are the bare essentials to try to squeeze what they can out of it without it costing them anything. As hot as the one got that i had, i wouldnt trust it to last through one california summer with the way i beat down the block

my ap15001d has lasted me a texas summer and then some w/ the way i beat down the block

badassshit.jpg

GP.jpg

AP warranties are solid for 12 months, which is the norm with most companies out there... As long as you have the invoice and are able to pay shipping cost to and from. No worries on that situation. If you don't have a sufficient electrical system, I wouldn't consider getting something as powerful as either amplifier tbh. But sundowns will be able to take more abuse for the simple fact that they are manufactured better.

@ James... Trunked setup i had with the pair had no ventilation what so ever.. An the amplifiers were pounded for quite a few months with a solid 5v preamp input for around 2 hours a day in the hot texas summer... They didn't crap out on me, I just made the worst decision on a line driver setup. I had a sufficient electrical system for them though.

1993 Chevrolet SWB Pickup

Viper 791XV

Primer Stage

5/8 Static Drop

Kinetik HC1800

Big 3 Knu Flex 0

Team Tex Flex

im going to buy another one thats on everythign i love and post clamp results on video so peopel will stfu about them already...ive had TONS of amps and to say the least buying these imo your not getting anythign better then a hifonics brutus line.

its funny becasue a few years ago everyone was like this over those POS power acoustic amps

This one guy at this one place is using 2 Ap's on 4 IA Death Rows and doing 154's.....just saying

My POS Bass machine-
2003 Hyundai Santa Fe on some shitty 22's
Bed Liner Paint Job-Pioneer AVH 3200DVD
4 DAD BD series 15's in a 4th Order (Bassheads ENT Design)
4 Arc Audio XDI2000.1 for the woofers
6 Cadence CVL68MBX 6.5's-Cadence CVL88MBX 8's-6 Cadence XT20 Supertweeters
2 Arc Audio KS300.4's for mids and tweets
1 Arc Audio ALD 10v Line Driver
All Audiotechnix Power wire
1 DC Power 270XP High Output Alternator
1 XS Power D3400 up front....6 XS Power D3100's in the rear
Air Lift 1000 Bags in rear to help with suspension
If your still reading this GFY.......

6iW2jaE_zpsb3084721.png

Ok.

Here it is AGAIN.

The power test for a Soundmagus 1502 on a AudioPrecision. This is the EXACT same amp as an AP1500.1d which is half a 3kd.

And it's from the factory so you can bet your ass they picked a good one.

X1502_PWR-1OHM.gif

As you can see, power output is more like 1200w before distortion rises rapidly (clipping)

I have played with the 1502 and it has JUST enough parts in it to do what it has to. Unlike the SAZ-2000D which probably has a stronger power supply than 2 1500Ds put together.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

1200 clean watts for $160 would be enough for me to buy it. Ive only run one AP series amp, and it was a 4ch. It was cheap, and did the job. The rest have been AQX, and they are beast. For the money, I dont think you can go wrong with a Audiopipe amp. Is it a sundown??? no. Its not the holy grail of amps, but neither is a sundown.

If your worried about the quality of it, buy it from a real store, instead of off line. the difference in price might be worth the peace of mind that you dont have to go through the hassle of warranty claims if one should arise

99 suburban, ranger rover headlights, SS front bumper,roll pan with frenched tag, 2nd row delete,glassed dash..audio to come whenever I figure out what I want.

Archived