Sundown Audio

Power Acoustik Warranty---fried Amp

Definately. Mosfets are usually the first thing to go when going below a rated ohm load. Sure PA will probably know, but they can't prove it, so it will be fixed.

cool thanks, have any idea how long it usually takes to get something like this taken care of?

2-3 weeks usually I would say.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.

I bought a Pa3000db for a db drag out here late January for a 2/10 car show, fried it instantly- literally blew up on me, the second one worked fine, but always had a grounding noise, no matter how cleanly I fixed the ground, second battery, first battery, Big 3, that ground noise never left, changed cars, and rcas, still same issue, Iam assuming it was just the damn amp, but again maybe the deck, that is my last thing to look for... But anyways, PA amps are good for cheap raw power, but are very problematic... Iam actually on the 3rd amp... but they were warranty, and bought a second amp

sundown.jpg
I have a ritual called "terminator". I crouch in the shower in the "naked terminator" pose. With eyes closed I crouch for a minute and visualize either Arnie or the guy from the 2nd movie. I then start to hum the T2 theme. Slowly I rise to a standing position and open my eyes. It helps me get through my day. The only problem is if the shower curtain sticks to my terminator leg. It sorta ruins the fantasy.

so say i strapped the amps and wired all the subs together....i think i would be able to wire them to 1.4 ohms.....the manual says wire to 2ohms but it doesnt say not to go below or above that. since the amps are 1 ohm stable would wiring to 1.4 work???? or will it not since they are strapped?

Edited by jcm1689

thats wat i was guessing but i wasnt sure never strapped amps before.....i think were just gonna end up tradding amps though since i can wire the ssds to 1.4 for two of em im pretty sure i can only go to .7 and like 3.5 or something like that cant remember. but my audiobahn amp is .5 ohm stable so were gonna see if it pushes all 4 of em.

it was too low of an ohm or not a strong enough electrical. let me know what power acoustik says. like how much it costs to fix it and shit.

DD M4

Rockford Fosgate P500-4

SoundQubed HDC415 w carbon fiber cap

2 Rockford Fosagate T1675-S

XS Power D3400 Under Hood

XS Power D5100 in rear

Michael Singer 200A Alt

Build Log: http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/153901-2012-veloster-update-842013-wall-build-4-15s/

they said since the amp is still under their warranty i have to include a money order for 15 dollars to cover shipping back and pay to ship it there and they will fix it..... they said from the time i send it off i should have it back in about 2 weeks or so. and i dont really think it was electrical.... i mean its not as high as it should be.. he still has stock alt so its right at 13v but its pretty steady there. the lowest it dropped was about 12.8-12.7 and that was after we played it for a long time with the car just sitting.

wow ok i think i might have just figured out the problem. well i set everything on the amps except the gain before the box when in. then we put the box in so it was really hard to access the amps.... so i looked at a picture on the internet to figure out where the gain was located and turned it all the way down.....me being the stupid ass that i sometimes am forgot that the amps where mounted upside down actually turned the gain all the way up instead of down :angry::angry::angry::angry: so basically i had the bass boost 3/4 up and the gain at full and running a .75 ohm load. well my question is do you guys think if the gains and bass boost were turned down that the amp could handle the .75ohm load??? also could someone help me with othe possible wiring options....im really not that good at that. after looking at rockfords calculator i kinda guestimated that the only other ways to wire them would be to 3.5 ohms but im not sure if this is correct. i need to get 2 wired together as close to 1 ohm as i can or wire all 4 close to 2 ohms and i can strap the amps. oh ya the subs are the dual .75ohm coils

Edited by jcm1689

No those amps can't handle a .75ohm load even with gains set properly. (Real picky) But with your subs, just wire them each in series to theie own amp to get a 1.5ohm load for each.

4 15" FI Q D2's in 12 cubes tuned to 32hz

1- T1000.1bd's

3 Maxx 29 deep cycles

4 runs of 1/0 gauge

-Big 3

-Trunk sealed off from the cabin

Custom 15.8 dual-volt switching MLA module

All in a CAR.