Sundown Audio

Nightshade v.2 -- New Personal best score !

Either moving the amps to the sides OR putting the side panels back in is not working (I was trying a suggestion to move the amps here instead of in front of the box)... so next step is to put my old amp rack back in:

CIMG3255.JPG

CIMG3256.JPG

CIMG3258.JPG

CIMG3259.JPG

If the old amp rack doesn't bring it back to at least the original score I will take the plastic panels back out.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

- Sundown Audio on FACEBOOK

- Please DO NOT PM ME -- use my email address -- [email protected]

Banner_468x60.jpg

I hit 155.7 right as one amp went into protect with the panels OUT and the amps still on the sides. Impedance seems to have changed with the amp location... going to try sliding the box around.

Seems I am louder with the panels out after all.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg

Seems I am louder with the panels out after all.

didnt you decide that from all of the deadening you put in? i thought you did before and after videos during the second skin to show SPL increases.

8 DC Level 4 M2 15s2 DC Audio 5ks26^2 clamshell tuned to 30hz9 Kinetik 1400sMechman externally reg'd 340 S seriesin a 99 Jeep Cherokee :DClick to see J00bles' Youtube Channel

hmm, my pioneer has 6.5v preouts but is it regulated from +6 to -24?

i keep mine on -10 on sub preout and im gunna run active sometime soon n was wondering how much this varies cause the gain on my 4ch starts @ like 6v i think but my gain on my mids n highs are at -10 too @ 12db/oct n was wondering how much this effects anything amp wise?

i dont mean to be off topic but i was gunna start comepeteing n was wondering if i should leave my subs gain level on the deck @ 0 and just turn the subs amp gain up n down?

my deck goes to 40 and doesnt really distort at any levels from 0 to 40 really, and it has a shit ton of features n was wondering if this would more likely harm my subs or what from burpin em with sub gain higher than what i got it set to?

anyways sundown looks like its doin somethin :) lol

how do u like ur sony?

here's a link to my system 99 toyota tacoma , 2 mtx 8000 1504's in a sealed downfire , 1000w memphis amp

here's a link to my other system my 90 geo prizm test car

heres a thread i got of new songs u can dl that are legal = Some Good Bangage/you Can Dl These Free And Legit

redblob.gifbouncing%20blob.gif2yooj7m.pngmodel14.gif

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I have moved to 16v but still around the same score... figuring out why.

My impedance rise is insanely low with the D1 coils and the amps at 0.25 each... I may need to use D2 coils *laughs*

0.25 actual DCR per amplifier with a rise to 0.8 per amplifier -- little on the low side! When I kick it one more click past the 155.9 - 156.0 level the amps get protect happy.

I need to re-build with a D2 which would give me 0.45 per amp actual DCR and should net 1.44 per amplifier... which based on earlier testing can still give me around 14,000 watts from the pair of 4500s on 18v.

- Jacob Fuller

- Owner, Sundown Audio

Banner_468x60.jpg