Second Skin Audio

American Bass subs

herbykw

Someone recommended me to try American Bass VFL or HD series. How well do these subs stack up? Lets hear your opinions? Who is using these and how much power are you giving them?

06 300C 5.7 Hemi

K&N CAI

JVC KW-AVX640 6.1" DVD

DC Audio 3.5k

6 DC Audio 8"s

6 cubes 8" aero port at 32hrtz

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/183798-chrysler-300c-8-build/?p=2731834#entry2731834

just bought two of their sq series, its their lowest line but we'll see how they work out. Will deff be a step up from my current setup thats for sure tho

DSC06330-1.jpg

91' Jeep Cherokee - The Heep

Just Empty Every Pocket

96' Volvo 960 - The B◘x

[sPL_4_U]

HiFonics - Alpine

Pioneer - Clarion

Infinity - Kicker

KnuKonceptz

I think it is Marlo Stanfield that has used alot of AB products, he will probably chime in and let ya know, from what I have heard they are great subs.

From what I can see those American Bass HD subs can get it.

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

The HD line is ALOT like the AQ HDC series with a few things that differ, but they are retarded loud off little power (effiecient) and very cost effective. In drag that lincoln LS used them to put up a 160 at the dash. Very solid woofer for the cost and well worth a try.

AB subs are that I have ever used, I remember when the VFLs first came out, and I asked WTF that stood for, and was told Very Fawking Loud....I have a friend that ran two 12's off about 2k in a avenger and it was plenty loud even in a prefurb SPL box..

03 GMC Sierra Z71 Ext Cab l 2 15" American Bass XO's l 1 Lanzar HTG2600 l AudioVox 1510D In dash DVD l KnuKonceptz Wiring l Big Three Done with KnuKonceptz KLMX 1/0 l Infinity Reference 6022si 6-1/2" Front Door Speakers l Upgraded to 145A Alt from 105A Alt l Custom Box 2^3 under the rear bench with resined bottom, and about 4 lbs of polyfill

Someone recommended me to try American Bass VFL or HD series. How well do these subs stack up? Lets hear your opinions? Who is using these and how much power are you giving them?

i believe last comp i was at a guy had 4 12'' AB subs in an ex cab truck. hit a 145 on the tl, my 2 10'' AQ hit 14.63 so its a give take. i dont kno what he had powering them or what, but i do know i seen 5 batteries in his bed. so i dont think power was an issue.

2 AQ 10'' HDC3 copper subs

1 3500d AQ amp

146.3db on TL with stock electrical in single cab truck at 32hz

RESULT: 1st place at comp, 3rd overall out of 20 cars

They are both great woofers, the HD is more of a badass daily woofer(same basket/motor as HDC3, different soft parts).. Can take as little as 1000w and do very well with that power. Have also seen them take 2500-3k daily per woofer and just ate up the power with no issues.

The VFL is more of an SPL oriented woofer than the HD is. This is a high power woofer that is very similar(in my personal testing/experience) to an Atomic APX, but numbers wise was a lil louder. Also handled higher power for music and burps a little better. If I'm not mistaken certain older VFLs shared the same motor with the older Atomic APXX. I believe it was the 818 motor or something similar to that.

8 12" HDs last season were in one of the loudest bassrace vehicles in the world and one of the few that has ever done a 159.9 exactly. Pete Sontag(sp?) ran just 8 12s off only 8 AB VFL110.1s in a 4th order and was one of the loudest and most consistent 159.9 vehicles all season long. Clamped power was just above 6000 actual watts, compared to the other 159.9 bassracers that is like comparing a water gun to a bazooka. Pete's build was mainly to show that you don't need to invest a huge amount of money to play with the big boys in 59.9 and he truly did reach his goal. Another incredible thing is that all season long he didn't have to recone a single woofer until running in death match @ world finals in October. To those who don't know death match is basically 5 minutes of a straight tone, pushing all parts of your setup to the limit. Many o' woofers + amps have been lost in death match over the years.

Any questions you have about AB products just hit me up and I'll do my best to help you out.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

They are both great woofers, the HD is more of a badass daily woofer(same basket/motor as HDC3, different soft parts).. Can take as little as 1000w and do very well with that power. Have also seen them take 2500-3k daily per woofer and just ate up the power with no issues.

The VFL is more of an SPL oriented woofer than the HD is. This is a high power woofer that is very similar(in my personal testing/experience) to an Atomic APX, but numbers wise was a lil louder. Also handled higher power for music and burps a little better. If I'm not mistaken certain older VFLs shared the same motor with the older Atomic APXX. I believe it was the 818 motor or something similar to that.

8 12" HDs last season were in one of the loudest bassrace vehicles in the world and one of the few that has ever done a 159.9 exactly. Pete Sontag(sp?) ran just 8 12s off only 8 AB VFL110.1s in a 4th order and was one of the loudest and most consistent 159.9 vehicles all season long. Clamped power was just above 6000 actual watts, compared to the other 159.9 bassracers that is like comparing a water gun to a bazooka. Pete's build was mainly to show that you don't need to invest a huge amount of money to play with the big boys in 59.9 and he truly did reach his goal. Another incredible thing is that all season long he didn't have to recone a single woofer until running in death match @ world finals in October. To those who don't know death match is basically 5 minutes of a straight tone, pushing all parts of your setup to the limit. Many o' woofers + amps have been lost in death match over the years.

Any questions you have about AB products just hit me up and I'll do my best to help you out.

what do u think about the xfl's 15's and what size box would u recommend

i love this sh--t man 1966 Ford Fairlane Pioneer prs 80, the big three, with 2 big azz agm batts, dual 270/200 amp alts , two 8'' mids and tweets in the kick( PPI phantom 600.2). two 10''s and tweets in the doors, two 10'' mids and tweets in the rear decK ( Lanar opti 500x2). 2 C2 Audio Threatcon 4 12s on a Crunch GP3000d. No crossover .

what do u think about the xfl's 15's and what size box would u recommend

I've personally never used the XFLs but I have heard from more than one person that they are great all around woofers for the price... As far as box size, it depends on what kind of enclosure you're looking to build and the power you're planning on running. To avoid jacking the OPs thread just PM me with those 2 things and I'll try to help you out.

1998 Ford Explorer Eddie Bauer... New setup, old ride... QX56 is staying stock til I get loud... It's only getting walled off if I don't meet my goal @ SBN.

Pioneer AVIC-N2

(12) 12" RE SXs old model.... (3) AB VFL 500.1 @ 1ohm each

Dual 300amp Ohio Gen alts.... (10) Northstar NSB-125s

26ft3 @ 33hz w/ a ton of port area

156.5 @ 40hz @ dash, Db Drag style / 153.2 Bassrace

Archived